Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Mercedes looking quick in FP1 then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    New engines will be much heavier so 2014 regs have a higher minimum weight, from 642kg now to 685kg.

Perhaps it will be quite marginal on weight, depending on how heavy the engines turn out, but I highly doubt it will determine the omission of a winning driver.

But anyway if Webber's weight is a problem then so to would be Hulk, Rosberg, Di Resta...and they'll be in cars that won't be able to match Red Bull's tight packaging. Newey takes weight restriction to the extreme.

But it's not much different to 2009 when the KERS weight was making things marginal. Drivers will probably have to lose another kilo or two, but they won't be let go for being on the heavier side.
    Think the min weight is going to be raised a little higher than that by the time we get to the 'official rules'...

I'm sure weight alone wouldn't drive a decision, but it's going to be more of a factor now, and when you consider that Webber's already slimmed down as much as he can, his age, the tensions with Seb and the fact that RBR have been keeping him on a single year contract lately it pretty much adds up to him being on his way out...

ReputationRep:
    I slept in until 11am so missed both FP sessions. Nvm.

Will see Qualifying/The race live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I slept in until 11am so missed both FP sessions. Nvm.

Will see Qualifying/The race live.
    You didn't miss anything, it was boring as hell. Racing at this track can be good but the practice sessions are very dull, track is so wide and flat there are hardly ever any 'moments' with the cars.

ReputationRep:
    yay F1 is back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pads)
    yay F1 is back
    it's the 3rd race I hope you mean the 3 week break!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    it's the 3rd race I hope you mean the 3 week break!
    dont worry i do :P

ReputationRep:
    Anybody watch the F1 show today? They showed parts of the press conference with Vettel, couldn't believe how he was behaving, like a completely different person :laugh: quite enjoyed it though.

"I was racing. I was faster. I passed him. I won."

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5rxYjk_eFE

He's being a right little ****.

ReputationRep:
    I won't be watching qualifying or race live this week end due to work.

ReputationRep:
    Some of these are brilliant: http://rathbonecreative.com/f1/f1-37.html

ReputationRep:
    Mercedes on pole? Or seb as usual?
    • TSR Support Team

Anyone remember when they had that drain cover problem in 2005 I think it was and it cost Juan Pablo Montoya a podium, and also this crash below.

ReputationRep:
    What if all 11 teams go out of Q1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan94adibi)
    What if all 11 teams go out of Q1?
    They won't, its just the slowest 5 i think now

ReputationRep:
    Great job Lewis, great job!

ReputationRep:
    Damn, had Alonso for pole. Great laps by Hamilton and Raikkonen. Ferrari's are fast starters, but don't seem to have the same pace on the primes. Interesting strategy from Vettel, guessing he'll be saving the options for the final pit stop, so hopefully we'll be in for a good race overall and particularly an exciting end!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I hope after all that tyre saving the drivers have something special saved for us.

ReputationRep:
    How much did that last corner really cost Rosberg? Surprised Fernando isn't on the front row, but as long as he doesn't crash into anything, he'll be okay. Have an awful feeling that Vettel will be first after most drivers second pit-stop.

ReputationRep:
    I think anyone starting on the hard will HAVE TO DO a 3 stop as in the first stint, the soft tyre will be so much faster and so Button and Vettel on the harder will probably push the tyres too hard. I reckon they'll come in lap 10-12.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.