Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Manchester United FC vs Manchester City FC Watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why the players are moaning. It annoys me when they continue play just because there is an attack taking place. Time was up. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    The most exciting thing so far is the referee blowing the whistle on time.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Obviously terrible to blow the whistle with the ball so close to the Utd goal, of course.

Also :lol: at Giggs having not been booked yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Another poor performance.
    Wouldn't say poor. Its more like a cagey performance.
    Both team don't want to attack all out. Manchester united defiantly doesn't as they are so far ahead in the league, so a draw wouldn't hurt the cause.

A game like this needs a lucky goal for either side to the push the hand of one of the managers to through on an extra attacking minded player.
    That would defiantly throw the game out wide. One team will go all out, the other will counter. Hopefully manchester united will do the latter.

ReputationRep:
    Odd decision to blow the whistle in the area.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Welbeck staggering like he's drunk?

ReputationRep:
    We started off brightly, but City been handling possesion nicely.

I'd bring on Nani, Welbeck's not offering much and I can't believe he made a horrendous decision in not passing to Rooney when they broke early.

ReputationRep:
    you could make a great montage of RVP standing in the box screaming and waving for the ball.. and not getting it..

It annoys me when people complain about his goal drought.. - then you see the other players around him, providng him so little, and instead trying to get the goal themselves..

Expecting him to score from maybe 1/2 chanaces per game, is just asking a lot (though he did do it earlier in the season...)

Better crosses, better final 3rd passing.. and more emphasis on setting him up.. and he will be nailing the goals in again..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YamahaLondon)
    Wouldn't say poor. Its more like a cagey performance.
    Both team don't want to attack all out. Manchester united defiantly doesn't as they are so far ahead in the league, so a draw wouldn't hurt the cause.

A game like this needs a lucky goal for either side to the push the hand of one of the managers to through on an extra attacking minded player.
    That would defiantly throw the game out wide. One team will go all out, the other will counter. Hopefully manchester united will do the latter.
    I don't agree with that. City have pushed United back a lot during the half. We haven't had one decent spell of possession yet. I'm not really surprised, but it would be nice to see the team put some passes together. We have only had one or two opportunities on the counter.

I guess I don't see why the team can't go for it. We have a large enough points difference over them. United can afford to lose. City can't.

ReputationRep:
    Just replace Giggs with Cleverley and i'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    I don't agree with that. City have pushed United back a lot during the half. We haven't had one decent spell of possession yet. I'm not really surprised, but it would be nice to see the team put some passes together. We have only had one or two opportunities on the counter.

I guess I don't see why the team can't go for it. We have a large enough points difference over them. United can afford to lose. City can't.

if i had just said attack then you can quote me like that... but i said 'attack all out'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YamahaLondon)
    if i had just said attack then you can quote me like that... but i said 'attack all out'
    Fair enough.

I still think my point still stands. We're being outplayed.

...and they score.

ReputationRep:
    Milner strikers first.

ReputationRep:
    City take the lead from Giggs giving it away stupidly. Who would have thought it..

ReputationRep:
    Stupid from Giggs. Very well played by Barry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Just replace Giggs with Cleverley and i'll be happy.
    you will soon be

ReputationRep:
    Giggs :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Rooney gives the ball away more than Giggs to be fair but hardly anyone points that out. Giggs started off well tbh. At fault for the goal though.

ReputationRep:
    Need Kagawa in the middle of the park...to do something..anything..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Rooney gives the ball away more than Giggs to be fair but hardly anyone points that out. Giggs started off well tbh. At fault for the goal though.
    Atleast Rooney is in position when he does so, Giggs is nowhere to be found, no structure in midfield with him at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Rooney gives the ball away mostly in his opponents on half though...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.