Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS! do you hand wash your underwear? Watch

I only handwash my expensive underwear.

ReputationRep:
    I do at uni, rather than buy a wash when the rest of my clothes don't need doing yet.

I'd rather just put them in the machine though.

The joys of being a student when 3.50£ for a wash seems like a lot of money 0.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanelleisme)
    Okay, so just out of curiosity... If you a go a month without doing laundry does that mean that you have a months worth of dirty underwear lying around your house then ??
    I don't go a month without doing laundry. A week at most.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so just out of curiosity... If you a go a month without doing laundry does that mean that you have a months worth of dirty underwear lying around your house then ??
    A MONTH?! Who on earth goes a month without doing laundry?! I do a load roughly every 4-5 days for me and my grandma (who I live with).

The only times I've ever hand washed undies was if I came on my period unexpectedly and didn't want my parents (particularly my dad) or my nan to have to handle my knickers with *that* in them when they were doing the household laundry.

But that's only happened like 3 or 4 times ever, so yeah all of my undies go in the normal wash with everything else.

ReputationRep:
    ain't nobody got time for dat!

ReputationRep:
    I pretty much ALWAYS have a load of washing on the go, never go a month without doing it. Plus I don't leave it lying around, I have a laundry basket in the bedroom where it goes. Only me and the boyfriend go in the bedroom and it's our underwear.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the laundrette or one of my relatives.

ReputationRep:
    why would I go a month without doing laundry?
    and I never have dirty underwear or any dirty things lying around my house they go in my wash basket. does that mean you normally have dirty clothes lying around your house?

ReputationRep:
    In the unlikely event of not doing laundry for a month then yes I would still have lingerie to wear, because I have a load of knickers and other panties and also quite a few bodysuits so would last for a month I would say. The lingerie though wouldn't be lying around the house they would be in the laundry basket or spilling over next to the laundry basket

ReputationRep:
    Handwash my underwear?

ReputationRep:
    This... is a weird topic for a guy to stumble upon..

ReputationRep:
    nope, never asked.
    starting to think its cultural thing now
    It might be, I don't know :s i'm nigerian btw. My mum's made me hand wash them since I was probably 13. I remember asking her why and she made it seem like it was the norm. Obviously this isn't the case lol. If I had the choice I would put them in the washing machine with the rest of my clothes

ReputationRep:
    Washing machine... expect when just starting period

ReputationRep:
    No. Too lazy for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    This... is a weird topic for a guy to stumble upon..
    With you on that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunnyonthehill)
    I have some expensive bras and knickers which I hand wash because I'm too scared to subject them to the uni washing machines which have a tendency to put holes in my garments
    Wash them inside a pillow case

ReputationRep:
    definitely the washing machine for me, and for bras too
    although i do remember the time i reached inside the washing machine for a bra and it had turned into half a bra, i laugh now but it wasn't funny lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't, but I've heard of it being a cultural thing before.. there was some discussion about whether this meant that women's undergarments were considered 'dirty' and not-sanitary, where as male family member's clothes were not. It would be really interesting to find out the origin of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Wash them inside a pillow case
    Oh, good advice, kind sir!
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I do a bit of both. I hand wash when I feel like it// if the underwear is fancy. And I use the washing machine, when I feel like it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.