Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Film Confessions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragonborn)
    I hated The Departed and No Country for Old Men (apart from the scene in the dark where Bardem tries to shoot Brolin through his door and they have a gunfight in the street, that bit was awesome!) - I found them really slow and boring, only to have a bloodbath at the end.

I thought that the Godfather 3 was not a bad film at all.

Avatar was just Pocohontas in the future.

I think that Cars 2 wasn't a bad film (especially compared to Cars 1)

I thought that the Lion King films were awful and highly overrated.

Django Unchained was kind of overrated and dragged on (but good overall).

I have never seen Pulp Fiction (I really want to though!)

I love JJ Abrams's take on Star Trek and can't wait to see what he does with Star Wars.

I think it'd be interesting to see what a Star Wars movie would be like if directed by Quentin Tarantino.

I thought that the A-Team film from 2009 was good.

Expendables 1 was awful, but 2 was absolutely fantastic as far as action movies go.

The Daredevil film is underrated.
    Daredevil was an excellent film!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I dislike most Woody Allen and Tim Burton films.
    I have no idea what is going on in The Godfather so I didn't enjoy it.
    I think Nicolas Cage is a great actor and Wild at Heart is the most romantic film I have ever seen.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger is a great comic actor but not so good in action films.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Daredevil was an excellent film!
    I know, I don't know why it gets so much hate.

ReputationRep:
    I cried at the end of High School Musical 3. True story :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I think Nicolas Cage is a great actor and Wild at Heart is the most romantic film I have ever seen.
    Both Wild at Heart and Leaving Las Vegas are very good, the problem is he has done so much rubbish since the early 90's that no one can take him seriously anymore.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aleandcynicism)
    List some 'guilty' confessions about you and your taste in films, actors, directors etc., especially if the majority of other people disagree with you. And let's keep the flaming down even if you vehemently disagree with someone else's confession. This is only a bit of fun

I'll start:

• I like the Star Wars prequels
    • Avatar was really quite average. Visuals were great, but the story was meh
    • I like Star Trek: Nemesis
    • I've never seen Citizen Kane
    • I've never seen Forest Gump

I'll post some more if and when I think of any. What about you guys? Time to confess!
    All American classics

ReputationRep:
    I've watched A Serbian Film out of curiosity, deleted..

ReputationRep:
    The Last Unicorn is one of my favorite films (and books) and always cry at the end.

Pulp Fiction bores me and I think it is overrated, but I love Jackie Brown and think it is underrated.

ReputationRep:
    I kinda agree with you on pulp fiction. I didn't know what the fuss was all about at first, and It made me want to sleep the first time I watched it. But watching it for the second time is better, eapecially after youve watched youtube analysis videos for the scenes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I found The Notebook boring, i couldn't stand it anymore, just had to turn it off half way through.

Spirited Away, i think, is so creepy and weird. Not even good.

I find all The Godfather films boring and predictable.

Life of Pi and Slumdog Millionaire were also boring and predictable. Not even worth Oscar nominations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia_baines)
    I found The Notebook boring, i couldn't stand it anymore, just had to turn it off half way through.
    Agreed! I tried to give it a go but couldn't get into it at all. The characters weren't that likable and it was slow in parts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I was never allowed to see any movies above my age, so I am vastly behind, and have never seen

Godfather
    Reservoir Dogs
    Any star wars film or Lord of the Rings
    Gladiator
    and loads more.

Clockwork Orange is my favourite film?
    Nothing to be ashamed of.

I think The Lord of The Rings trilogy is terribly overrated. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxSherlockxx)
    Chic flicks and cartoons. I watched Spirit when I was little and loved the fact it was a cartoon about horses. I know all the words...it's so sad :P
    The soundtrack and Bryan Adams makes me sad, hence why I never watched it twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate buttons)
    I enjoy really rubbish, unrealistic, low budget romantic comedies.
    God I love this crap. I could watch them for days. My friends hate it because they never accept my film night picks. Probably because its a bit weird for a group of 18 year old guys to watch them together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of Grease.
    I love Charlie Chaplin movies.
    I found The Exorcist rather dull.
    I've never seen any LOTR movies.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.