Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't care remotely about the poor; give to charity if you want, but don't force me Watch

ReputationRep:
    if you stop caring about the poor. then what next? the sick? the old? the retarded? if we stop caring about the retarded before you know it you'll be homeless. you'll get sick, be poor and have no tsr.

ReputationRep:
    I think money deserves to be given to the young children and teens born into poetry and will never have a real chance of success because their parents are hardly role models and where they live people take drugs and drink then end up in prison so in the end they end up following in those footsteps. But on stead the money given to them could go into a programme using the people they know and the people they are around as an example of what not to be or become.

I do disagree however with money given to poor people who don't even bother getting out of bed in the morning looking for a job. Even if its to work in a petrol station.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The working class in Britain are mostly loud, ill-bred, repulsive tossers

If you are in the working class leaving school with the GCSEs of BCEEEEEEEUU would make you 'cool'

Also, they can't say they didn't have a chance to fix their situation. Everyone is given an equal chance due to the free education, but no! They decide not to come into school and then cry because they can't a get job?

Oh, and they except to live off my hard earned money as well? Detest them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by consumed by stuff)
    if you stop caring about the poor. then what next? the sick? the old? the retarded? if we stop caring about the retarded before you know it you'll be homeless. you'll get sick, be poor and have no tsr.
    Well I wouldn't be so rude as to the call the mentally disabled 'retarded', so I'm a long way off that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the fact here are many starving on the earth

Machinery that gives so much abundance has left so many in need, this makes me sad

What really strikes me though, is the fact that many of the children living in poverty out in Africa are happy...many are far happier than the children over here! They appreciate life for what it is..I think some western kids could take a leaf from their book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    The working class in Britain are mostly loud, ill-bred, repulsive tossers

If you are in the working class leaving school with the GCSEs of BCEEEEEEEUU would make you 'cool'

Also, they can't say they didn't have a chance to fix their situation. Everyone is given an equal chance due to the free education, but no! They decide not to come into school and then cry because they can't a get job?

Oh, and they except to live off my hard earned money as well? Detest them!
    Have you met every member of the middle class? It's all well and good making broad sweeping statements about a whole section of the British population but your argument falls flat when the only evidence you have is by watching Jeremy Kyle.

Maybe, some don't score well academically but they're good at more hands-on stuff like mechanics or hairdressing or whatever. The point is we should be giving every person the opportunity to try and succeed in this economy whatever their preference. If like Blair did and tries to get 50% of students going to University then there's a problem, what if people don't want to go to University, what if they want apprenticeships, they should be giving that chance which would have knock on effects of better quality of life etc.

I imagine most of the people on benefits are doing their best to get out of the situation, these are the people that the Daily Mail doesn't write about. They'll want to get a better life for their families and be comfortable financially but they can't do that without some support. This is just showing basic compassion to your fellow human, everybody needs a helping hand sometimes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.