Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diepgem)
    Hi there,

I dont know why but I couldnt post the FB link on here like everyone else does. However you can just type "Goldsmiths Postgrads 2013/2014" and it will show up. We've got 6 members.

I just tried searching for it as well and it's not showing up! I see the 2012/13 one but that's it.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/5402...78788/?fref=ts

That should be the facebook group link.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be doing an MA in Digital Journalism. I'm an international student from the US and am going to try to get to London a few weeks early to find a flat as I don't really want to live in the halls again. Hopefully it all works out

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I'm from Turkey and I'll be doing MA Digital Media Tech. Cultural Form and also focusing on Digital Journalism myself.

I applied to Raymont Hall since it seemed a reasonable place with no problem to access internet and just a stop away from the school. I also asked to join the FB group and looking forward to getting there.

Anyone here also attending any pre-sessions? I wanted to get there early so I'll be attending the one starting on Aug 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floflor)
    Yeah I like the idea of shops, cafe and food! I am going to apply for Batavia Mews but not sure how I can apply for Internet and 3G phone plan etc. Underground in London sounds complicated and you might find yourself faster to walk above ground! At least that's I heard from people I know who lived there!

I joined a facebook group but it is not postgrad 2013. Any link to refer?

Here's my page
    http://www.facebook.com/florrie.chow
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/540263952678788/ that's the fbook group

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suubi)
    Hi im starting a masters course in social research this September and I just wondering whether they are other masters students starting this year on this site.
    Here I am, from Italy!, I will probably study at Goldsmith starting in September, (I am still deciding between Golds. and SOAS)
    MA in Ethnomusicology. Anyone else for this Program??<
    And ....is there someone looking for a roomate in september?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiomondina)
    Here I am, from Italy!, I will probably study at Goldsmith starting in September, (I am still deciding between Golds. and SOAS)
    MA in Ethnomusicology. Anyone else for this Program??<
    And ....is there someone looking for a roomate in september?

I actually am looking for a roommate. Not sure whether I'll be in Raymont... where were you thinking?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm about to apply to two MA programs at Goldsmiths Media & Communications department - I know, it's kind of late, I was just waiting for my references. I have a question about the personal statement, as i'm not from the UK either. Does it need to follow the "UCAS form", that is 47 lines or 4,000 characters max, or is this just an undergrad thing? Any recommendation to maximise my chances of getting in?

Thanks a lot! Hopefully i'll see you there next year. : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arthur-H)
    Hey guys,

I'm about to apply to two MA programs at Goldsmiths Media & Communications department - I know, it's kind of late, I was just waiting for my references. I have a question about the personal statement, as i'm not from the UK either. Does it need to follow the "UCAS form", that is 47 lines or 4,000 characters max, or is this just an undergrad thing? Any recommendation to maximise my chances of getting in?

Hey! I have a conditional offer now (I have to pass TOEFL in July) , the Admission Tutor gave me a really positive feedback on my statement and I still have no idea of what UCAS is! In the application form you will be asked to answer 6 questions for your statament (2000 characters max each) and you can either answer on the form or upload a document, as long as you answer the questions in it. And that's all! Maybe for undergraduate applications is different, but honestly I don't know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjvms)
    I actually am looking for a roommate. Not sure whether I'll be in Raymont... where were you thinking?
    Hey! WHere are you from? I am going to apply for Raymont... I will know in August because until that moment my offer is still conditional. So in August I will decide what to do...What do you study?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

If I am not wrong, UCAS is for undergraduate. I applied for MA design and I didn't follow fill in the form online. What I did was to present my portfolio with personal statement that address all of the question. I don't know if this works for your course.

I went to exhibitions and attended seminars held by SOAS, UCL, Imperial, Kings and Kingston. They have great advices on how to prepare your portfolio and how to find a school that is the best for you. Ask them what would they be interested in when they look at the submissions. You might meet students who apply for the same course and they probably have done the work already. Local university agency would help you as well. Oh Try British council too. In the seminars and exhibition I went to, sometimes the head of department would be there to give offers on the spot.

At last I met Goldsmiths International officer in my country, show him my work and got some really great advice, then I did the official submission.

I think the key thing to have a good personal statement is to talk to those who know you and know the course and have them review your portfolio.

Hope this can help you.

http://www.ucas.com/he_staff/admissi...d/postgraduate

ReputationRep:
    Hi Arthur,

What program are you intend to apply for? If theres no chance, I will join the MA Promotional Media this Fall. From my experience, Goldsmiths doesnt have a word limit for personal statement, and you can either fill in all question forms on Online Application Page (hosted by Goldsmiths web) or compose a separate file. This file does not necessarily follow all the questions, just needs to address the main points that admission team wants to know about you.

Id advise you to send in application as soon as possible. Good luck!

Hey guys,

ReputationRep:
    Hey! WHere are you from? I am going to apply for Raymont... I will know in August because until that moment my offer is still conditional. So in August I will decide what to do...What do you study?
    Hi both,

Do you guys join the Facebook page yet? Some of us is discussing housing stuff there as well. So, join if you look for roommates

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot, your answers have been very helpful!

Indeed, I think it's best if I just follow the 5 questions they ask. 2,000 characters per section is a lot though, I hope it's just a limit and not actually a recommendation.

Diepgem, i'm applying for Political Communications (i'm a poli-sci student) but also Global Media & Transnational Communications I think. Do you think it's all right to apply for two programs? It's not gonna make me look indecisive? I'm just REALLY interested in both haha.

Thanks, i'm going to apply very soon!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for 3 programs actually When I asked them if I could do so, they said its completely fine, however I had to write different personal statements to make all applications strong. Maybe you should do the same as your two choices are not similar at all

And yeah, 2000 is just the limit. I barely reach that limit for each section

ReputationRep:
    I'm from NJ in the USA. I think I'm going to apply for Raymont too. I'm studying MA musical theatre this fall. It's really cool that you may be studying ethnomusicology! Always fun to have deep musical conversations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjvms)
    I'm from NJ in the USA. I think I'm going to apply for Raymont too. I'm studying MA musical theatre this fall. It's really cool that you may be studying ethnomusicology! Always fun to have deep musical conversations
    Yesss!! I'd love to! And actually, I do love musical theatre!! I've seen lots of interesting MA Programs at Goldsmiths (Music, Mind and Brain!! Musical Theatre, Applied Anthropology), I chose the closest to my background but I like them all!! So I hope to have a lot of conversation with all of you from other Programs

ReputationRep:
    HI everybody!!

I'm an Italian student and I'm trying to apply to Goldsmiths postgraduate course of Management of Innovation… in few days I'll have a Skype Interview with Goldsmiths in order to be admitted in this course.. for this reason I'm looking for someone who could give some info about this interview…what are they going to ask me? is it a easy interview or an hard one?? any kind of info about it would be really appreciated!!

Thank u guys!!

Hope to see u in September!

ReputationRep:
    HI!!!

who applied for the postgraduate course in Management of Innovation which starts in September??

ReputationRep:
    Skype interview? I didn't know they did interviews for people who are abroad, is it always the case? I just applied yesterday, do you know how long it usually takes to get a response? I guess they need to get the letters from the referees first. Crossing my fingers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.