Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    if u abortion,u take away a man's experience of life,he or she cant experience the joy ,the sorrow ,the anger of life.he or she cant wait that day the one they loved say i love you,that day their parents says i am proud of you,that day their children says you have no right grounded me!any thing could happened in mans life ,but they cannt have the experience.if they fing out life is boring the world is a ****,they want to end their life,that is thir choice ,you cant take the choice away.that is the freedom of being a human being.

ReputationRep:
    Abortion is right.

Oh, so right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gray Wolf)
    I have a ball in my hand. I drop the ball, now with interfering without the ball it will most definitely fall to the floor. This is its natural cycle. I let go, ball falls, ball hits the ground. The fact that the ball will fall is a fact. Now let me ask you, what is the difference between me releasing the ball, catching it before it even leaves my hand and burning it and me dropping the ball and catching it half-way and burning it. The answer is; there is none! You end a natural cycle before its definite end, you kill of the emotions, the experiences it was definitely going to have; you have killed a person.
    Hmmm, food for thought, not sure we should rush out and call for the end of all ball games just yet but next time i watch a game of football i'll certainly take a moment to think about the poor little emotional ball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefulMidwife)
    So tell me, are you against the circumcision of little boys? Just asking.

Not saying you're a feminist, though you might be, but feminists seem to bleat loudly about abortion being a 'woman's right' and it's 'HER body', regardless of the other beating heart inside of it, but they are strangely silent when it comes to little boys not having their bodily autonomy and right to have an unaltered body.

Not trying to be funny, just a real question.
    I am a feminist, but I consider myself a true feminist and not one of those man-hating lunatics. And I'm very much against circumcision, of boys and girls. I see it as mutilation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    **** off this isn't North Dakota, or republican america for that matter.

Having an abortion is better than bringing at child into life without loving parents or care, or nurturing or good living conditions etc
    Oh my oh my, thank you all for the responses, it will take me a long time to respond to them all, but here it goes.

There are a number of assumptions you have here:

1. Assuming the parent which considered abortion will be non-caring. Most of the parents are fairly well-off hence the social reasons associated with abortion. The likelihood of parental instinct kicking in is very high.

2. Let us assume that what you're saying is correct, then wouldn't be nicer just to prevent the 3rd world from having kids, I mean it is better children are not born in to a world of warfare and poverty.

Crux of the matter is this is life we are talking about. You are in no position to condemn a persons life based on what you think is a good way of living.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by russellsteapot)
    So you believe that anything that breaks the natural order of the falling ball analogy should not occur? I assume medical treatment falls under the same umbrella? Are we depriving a cataract of its natural life cycle by removing it...? How about treating cancer?

Humans have been fortunate enough to evolve to the level that we can make interventions into the 'natural' order, which to me makes it as natural as anything else. And I'm fine with that.

I've had enough abortion debates to know how they progress, but I'll just say I don't believe there's anything wrong with abortion. It depends on belief, you have yours and I have mine. Neither is likely to change, and you're welcome to your opinion, but screaming 'baby killer' helps nobody.
    So essentially you are saying human life is a disease, a virus if you will and so you can get rid of it as you see fit. Seems like the same sort of reasoning people use for ethnic cleansing. See the thing in front of you as something else and voila! Problem solved, no more conscience nagging at you.

I shall scream baby killer just as someone would scream murderer because this is the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dendodge)
    1. A woman's body is her own, and you can't force her to have a child she doesn't want. I've never experienced it myself, but I believe childbirth is rather painful and unpleasant.
    2. A child should not be brought up by a family that does not want them
    3. Orphanages and care homes are already overcrowded, so encouraging adoption is not a solution
    4. Having a child at a young age can completely mess up a person's entire life; nobody should force that upon them just because of a broken condom
    5. How is banning abortion any different from banning condoms or the Pill... or life-saving surgery? They all "interfere with natural processes". And I doubt you'll get much support on TSR for banning those.
    1.Women's body is her own yes, but the childs is not. If there is any medical problems associated with birth than fair enough the mother is the bringer of life after all but this is 6% of the cases. With modern medicine you can hardly argue the pain of the women during birth is of higher value that the life of a individual.

2. That is an assertion, I am pretty sure if you asked the kids at the orphanage weather they would rather be dead than alive they would pick the latter. Also please see my last response.

3.You are again assuming mother after giving birth will not want the child. You are forgetting the emotional bond the mother forms in the later stages of pregnancy.

4. The fault of one person should not be inflicted as punishment upon another.

5. It is a lot different, for one you actually have life forming and an overwhelming chance of a life being born. Essentially you have already struck the match and lit the fire. Pill and condoms are the match with the logs, they are not burning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki1805)
    :facepalm: This thread will only end badly, due to the OP being small minded.
    Yes, I am very small minded when it comes to murder. But at least I can post more than a sentence concerning the topic.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I am very small minded when it comes to murder. But at least I can post more than a sentence concerning the topic.
    My Mother always taught me, if you have nothing nice to say, sometimes it's best to say nothing at all. :sly:

ReputationRep:
    You're right, we have a massive over population problem! 50 million extra people would certainly solve that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzie232)
    Totally agree.

There are enough unwanted children in the world already. Every child deserves to come into the world wanted and cared for. However I do believe that it should only be considered if protection was used and abortion isn't just used as a method of birth control like the pill or a condom

You are again assuming parents will not care for a born baby. You are also assuming one needs the love of parents and that a life without said love can not be filled by something else. None which you can actually verify yourself. I can argue a lot of people born to parents are indeed worse off because of the influence of said parents be it because of overprotection or something else.

Let me clarify this THE WORTH OF SOMEONES LIFE CAN NOT BE BASED ON OTHER PEOPLES FEELINGS FOR THAT PERSON.

ReputationRep:
    You are missing the point of choice.

No one is forcing anyone to HAVE an abortion, I would just want to see that option being available to anyone who wants to avail of it. When ultimately it's the mother who endures 9 months of carrying the child, why do you have the right to interfere with HER decision when it has nothing to do with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecrimsonidol)
    A foetus, IMO, isn't a living being until it is out of the mother's womb, and maybe a month or two prior to that.

So up to the first 6/7 months, it's just part of the mother and so up to her to do with as she chooses.
    The ball analogy is a clear example of your mistake here. Just as police can raid a suspected t-be terrorists house without the actual act the mother has no right to abort what is a definity which is an individual, a person.

ReputationRep:
    So I'm on the same level as the Nazis if I support abortion?

If a mother doesn't want their child, then giving birth to it will either end in adoption or an unloving family branding the child as a "mistake". Either way it's unfair on the child. Personally, I don't call foetuses human or not quite human, that's just my personal opinion. I know there are laws on a certain number of weeks before the foetus is too developed.

I just think it's the woman's free choice whether she keeps her child or not, it's also a very personal choice and shouldn't be affected by what other people think is right.

ReputationRep:
    Worst argument ever OP.

ReputationRep:
    You are again assuming parents will not care for a born baby. You are also assuming one needs the love of parents and that a life without said love can not be filled by something else. None which you can actually verify yourself. I can argue a lot of people born to parents are indeed worse off because of the influence of said parents be it because of overprotection or something else.

Let me clarify this THE WORTH OF SOMEONES LIFE CAN NOT BE BASED ON OTHER PEOPLES FEELINGS FOR THAT PERSON.
    Do you agree with the morning after pill? This surely acts in a similar way so should be viewed in the same manor?

Other peoples feelings for a person play a key role in that persons feelings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    You are missing the point of choice.

No one is forcing anyone to HAVE an abortion, I would just want to see that option being available to anyone who wants to avail of it. When ultimately it's the mother who endures 9 months of carrying the child, why do you have the right to interfere with HER decision when it has nothing to do with you.
    "Ultimately it is me who endures people foreigners stealing my job and putting me out of business it is my family that goes without dinner because of them. It is their fault my life is so crap. It is MY country"

The above is a typical response from a racist person, to justify his hatred for a said race and commit the acts he does. You sound awfully familiar to the said person. You are probably against the racist person yet walk upon the same line he does.

It is a pity you can't see your own hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    And what is the difference between those and burning the ball before dropping it?
    A ball that hasn't been dropped doesn't land. Simple Newtonian mechanics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    No sex = no child? Or am I missing something?

Human race would be extinct without sex?
    Hardly. We can create new life without sexual intercourse.

ReputationRep:
    "Ultimately it is me who endures people foreigners stealing my job and putting me out of business it is my family that goes without dinner because of them. It is their fault my life is so crap. It is MY country"

The above is a typical response from a racist person, to justify his hatred for a said race and commit the acts he does. You sound awfully familiar to the said person. You are probably against the racist person yet walk upon the same line he does.

It is a pity you can't see your own hypocrisy.
    Yes, because justifying a persons right to choice and racism are about the same thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.