The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford Uni Accommodation Constantine/Horlock/Castle Irwell

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I went to see the uni today and the area surrounding the uni is such a dump, I'm glad my lessons are in Media City down on Salford Quays because its a bit nicer down there.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 41
What day are people actually moving in? I heard the week of the 9th (welcome week) was just for international students. So are people moving in on the 9th or the 16th?
Reply 42
I'm moving in on the 6th, you can move in from the 2nd, the fresher events start from the 9th, freshers week is the 16th, and lectures begin on the 23rd... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by eve.adams
I'm moving in on the 6th, you can move in from the 2nd, the fresher events start from the 9th, freshers week is the 16th, and lectures begin on the 23rd... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you a uk student? or international? I only live about half an hour away but I might move in on the 8th just so I don't miss anything
Reply 44
Original post by elle95
are you a uk student? or international? I only live about half an hour away but I might move in on the 8th just so I don't miss anything

Im a English student! I'm in Kent at the moment so it will be about a 5hour drive... Yer I don't wanna miss anything either :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm moving some stuff in on the 2nd (why my Dad's off work), and picking up my keys and whatever. Probably move in on the 8th (properly).
Reply 46
Original post by ryandeceptacon
I'm moving some stuff in on the 2nd (why my Dad's off work), and picking up my keys and whatever. Probably move in on the 8th (properly).

I'm moving in on the 6th because that's the only day my dad has off work :biggrin: where your staying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eve.adams
I'm moving in on the 6th because that's the only day my dad has off work :biggrin: where your staying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm staying at Bramall Court now :smile:. Initially put for Castle Irwell, until I visited...

What about you?
Reply 48
Is anyone in Castle Irwell? Ive heard bad things, but Id rather save the money compared to all of the other extortionate rates offered.

Plus if it is "like paying to stay in prison" I would definitely be one of the head guys that rapes inmates for respect and dominance, so I am not to fussed bout that. :colone:
Reply 49
I'm staying in castle irwell, it's not as bad as people are making it out to be. I knew people staying there last year and yeah it's basic but it's a lot nicer that horlock and Constantine, well I think is anyway!
Reply 50
is anyone staying in john lester/eddie colman???
Anyone in house 8 at Horlick? Drop me a message if you are :smile: 07522748019

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys! Castle Irwell house 11 anyone?? :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by ryandeceptacon
I'm staying at Bramall Court now :smile:. Initially put for Castle Irwell, until I visited...

What about you?

I'm in Constantine court :smile: yer castle irwell wasn't my thing either :s-smilie:
Can't wait to finally move in though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SnoOopy1993r
Hi guys! Castle Irwell house 11 anyone?? :smile:

Yup I'm castle Irwell house 11.
Room 43
When did Constantine become fully subscribed?
Just wondering :smile:
Reply 56
Is anyone staying in house 16 in Castle Irwell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bramall Court 12A
Reply 58
SO!

How has it been living in Salford Uni digs after year?
All the newbies are just applying now for there accommodation!

For me personally:
1. its not where you live but with who.
2. Constantine court is good for 1st year and great location if your new to the area...
3. Definitely worth the extra money for ensuite (if you want to use the shower with out a sick covered floor from the previous night!) - IQ is okay but small no. in flats can be an issue also mixed years...
4. Castle Irwell too far from everything unless your going to be on the sports fields a lot or not go to lectures... Same for John lester & Eddie coleman but if you want to live at telcos instead of the fields... (mixed years in these as well)
5. Horlock is next door - bigger room as it doesn't have an ensuite but kitchens are awful...
6. Horlock/ Constantine close to the Union for freshers and a drink/food...
7. DONT GO IN BRAMEL - its nice but far away from main campus (except Adelphi) and its full of non speaking english... (who are really nice but you will be out numbered)

Overall I wouldn't of lived anywhere else in my first year...
Reply 59
Dear colleagues ,
My name is Mohsine, iam Moroccan living in UAE. i will study MA in translation in Salford University in September 2014. i do not know whether i choose Constantine Court or Castle Irwill? which one is better and calmer? please advise me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending