Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Seeing high profile Footballers/Managers in public Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    Just saw Roberto Mancini at my local train station, he came into the waiting room and I just blurted out 'hello' as if I somehow knew him, he didn't look impressed at all, but it's hard knowing what to say when you randomly meet someone as high profile as him. I then whipped out my phone and wanted to get a picture but he turned his back and walked off, when he was exiting the room I said 'well done for last night' he said 'thank you' and then walked to further most end of the platform to get his train. He was getting the Macclesfield to London train.

Just wanted to share
    Not high profile but I see Joe Bryan, 19 year old wide midfielder currently on loan at Plymouth from Bristol City, all the time as I've been mates with him for about 15 years!

Don't know it that counts or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    I saw the full Man City squad today at Macclesfield Train station where I saw Mancini last week. Talked to Kolo Toure and David Silva. It was pretty decent. Kolo explained they were travelling down to London for tomorrows game against Tottenham
    18 years living in the ****ty town and I never once saw a United or City footballer

They always hang around Alderley Edge though, my mum works in the town and kept coming home saying she saw "one of those city blokes". Grrr.

ReputationRep:
    I met Ronaldo and skilled him up.

ReputationRep:
    i see ryan giggs and kevin davies practically everyday; both of their daughters are at my school. jussi jaaskeleinen's sons and sam allardyce's grandson are at my school as well, but i havent seen either of them before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    I went to school with Joe Hart, he was about four years above me though. His family still live near me.

I met Steven Gerrard once, he sat near me at a football match. He was friends with the old goalkeeper of my local team and had come to watch him. That was about 10 years ago though
    Awesome

Have you managed to talk to either of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Awesome

Have you managed to talk to either of them?
    I met Hart before he moved to City, I haven't since though. And I spoke very briefly to Gerrard but he had some guys with him that were trying to clear people away. He was just sat with the home fans in the stand so he was getting quite a bit of attention. He was only sat about 2 rows behind me though so I said hi at half-time and shook his hand.

Billy Jones who plays for West Brom also went to my school. There was a photo of him playing for England U-18's in the corridor that I spent a lot of time stood next to when I was sent out of class for talking

ReputationRep:
    My maths teacher used to teach jonjo shelvey and he had him come in once

ReputationRep:
    Martin O'Neill in church, Micky Adams on plane (sat next to him, spoke a couple of times though he was quiet and unassuming), Darren Bent in his car near the traffic lights at the end of my street, and yesterday I met Edgar Davids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Martin O'Neill in church, Micky Adams on plane (sat next to him, spoke a couple of times though he was quiet and unassuming), Darren Bent in his car near the traffic lights at the end of my street, and yesterday I met Edgar Davids.
    credit to edger for coming out of retirement and helping a club like barnet! hope you lot stay up, good to keep local away trips! having said that though, davids may as welll have had a refs kit on yesterday, he seemed to control his every decision!

ReputationRep:
    Saw Bacary Sagna in Brent Cross Burger King a couple years ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    What on earth would Mancini be doing in Macclsefield?
    Macclesfield is quite a wealthy area, a lot of people with good jobs in Manchester live there and commute in. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few footballers living there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.