Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Millie228)
    Not in the same sense guys use girls for sex. Already explained it.
    Im sorry but just because you think this is the case, dosnt mean its true.

In the past I have had a case where I have felt I have been used for sex (and yes I am a guy). It wasnt a "oh well, at least I had sex" situation. I really liked this girl and I thought she liked me too, but it turned out she just wanted somone to loose her virginity to. Used.

Its like saying "Why is she getting upset I f***ed and dumped her? She enjoyed the sex didnt she?!"

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be a distinct lack of communication in these situations! As I see it people seem to find themselves hurt as the result of the act leaving them feeling alone, used and confused. What ever happened to discussion, communication, being clear with each other?

Guess It come down to booze and hormones on behalf of both sexes. The less you get pissed and shag anything with a pulse the less you'll find yourselves in this position.

A casual relationship can most definitely work if both people are on the same page. I has its complications if one party starts to develop stronger feelings and an emotional attachment. Answer: Be ****ing honest, truthful and objective. (If you are willing share bodily fluids you should be willing to share conversation) This allows you to discuss the situation, work through it or end it for the sake of that person.

The objectification of women by some of the men (boys) here is shameful. I guess maturity helps, if your dealing with selfish, immature, manipulative people intent of getting there narcissistic way, you will get burnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante Maretto)
    Did you mind
    Simple as that really. An ex girlfriend that appeared to want to restore the relationship to what it once was but the next day, like a switch, changed back to like it had never happened. She evidently had more 'casual' ideas for that evening than I! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albino)
    If they've slept with that many girls i dont think they'd care about how good it felt for them, i doubt he would be worried about whether number 8 said he was no good in bed when he's plowing through double digits
    I dont think they care either, but it should give girls satisfaction (irony?) that they can, not mock or laugh at, not as cruel as that.. but like.. just take enjoyment from the fact that we all know they were awful and they think theyre oh so great but no girl thinks that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolatesoup)
    I dont think they care either, but it should give girls satisfaction (irony?) that they can, not mock or laugh at, not as cruel as that.. but like.. just take enjoyment from the fact that we all know they were awful and they think theyre oh so great but no girl thinks that.
    I'd only be annoyed if you brought it into my personal life, i.e. going around work telling everyone how much of a **** shag I was. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think I posted in the thread you're talking about. I agree there's nothing at all wrong with casual sex (between two consenting adults, all that stuff). There is something very wrong with people lying for sex, though. It's very unfair to lead people to believe you genuinely are romantically interested in them when all you want is to have sex with them. I'd have a lot more respect for the guy who did it to me if he'd have just said (before I allowed myself to get emotionally invested in him, because he made it clear that he intended to have a relationship with me, etc) beforehand that he wasn't interested in a relationship. Would have saved a lot of unnecessary upset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie228)
    I just explained that. In the rare scenario that a girl sleeps with a guy below her league/someone she doesn't want to date, he will still take the sex over nothing and he is not likely to regret it. So he has not been "used" in the sense that girls are being used.
    Guys with very bad options might feel extra depressed that she left if their general chances of sex are low and they are willing to stay in a relationship just to get laid. But they have still not been used, because they wanted the sex.
    Absolute crap. You make it sound as if girls never want to have sex, because for your definition of 'used' to work, the person being used cannot ever want the sex. A guy can still use a girl for sex if that's all he wants and the girl wants more. However, 'wants more' indicates sex being included. In other words, a girl wants sex, but not just sex. Therefore, if what you're saying is true, this means no one is getting used for sex. But, because it's actually complete codswallop, both sexes can be used, as long as they are under the false impression that the girl/guy wants more, and so thinks s/he is on the same page as them.

Also, a girl may take sex over nothing, just the same as some guys. Although that does not mean ALL guys will feel no regret, and ALL girls will feel regret. Those are both massive generalisations on your part.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TreeOfKnowledge)
    What's the difference? As my very wise male friend said 'Doesn't matter, had sex.'
    Troo dat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick01)
    Lol i used nuff girls for sex .black white asian everything i am a man **** lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Keep telling yourself that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Used and abused.

Smash and dash

Hit and run

Pump n dump

Penetrate and evacuate - I'm starting to make it up now, feel to make your own addition.
    Press and dress
    Lol if you get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milienhaus)
    It's fine (both for guys and girls) if both parties feel the same way and are using each other. It's not fine to be someone (whatever gender) who felt like they were building something meaningful and the other person was just using them. It is entirely possible that this is more common for guys-using-girls than vice versa, and popular perceptions would suggest this, but I have no information on whether or not it is.
    Abysmal post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    haha, laughed at that

yea, but seriously, even if she was a bit of a munter... what guy would turn down sex from a girl if it was there on a regular bases?
    No offense but do you not have standards? :lol: - why would you sleep with someone you're unattracted to? From a casual sex standpoint I mean.

ReputationRep:
    What we need to be clear on here is what do you count as being used for sex because it seems a couple people here have different perceptions of the word...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TreeOfKnowledge)
    What's the difference? As my very wise male friend said 'Doesn't matter, had sex.'
    Have to admit, I'm probably going to be less 'devastated' if a girl I hooked up with turned out to have just used my body for her carnal maintenance.

Though it's all subjective, if I really properly like a girl in the "omg feels!" way and she runs off into the sunset the 'had sex' consolation prize isn't going to feel so great but hey-ho, that's life, most people aren't going to want to go out with you for all sorts of reasons. Definitely disappointing but don't think I'd get all upset and break down over it.

Agree with the OP, guys do it to girls, girls do it to guys, people hit it n quit it all the time, it's the way of the world now.

To girls (and guys) caught out like this, just try and be a bit more careful about potential partners if casual sex isn't your thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaelj)
    I'd only be annoyed if you brought it into my personal life, i.e. going around work telling everyone how much of a **** shag I was. :rolleyes:
    Yeah that would be pretty nasty. But do guys keep who theyve slept with and all the details to themselves?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.