Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In love with the guy I live with watch

ReputationRep:
    Nothing platonic about cuddling up on a sofa holding hands but maybe that's just me.

(Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    Nothing platonic about cuddling up on a sofa holding hands but maybe that's just me.
    The first night I may also have stroked his face and hugged him quite a lot... and gotten him to put his arm around me I was a bit drunk. Then he was assuming I was just a really "tactile" person - I think maybe he seems to find it hard to believe I'm interested in him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Aww, it's nice that there are people rooting for me - thanks How did you approach the situation with your boyfriend? It's a bit different from many dating situations, I think, in that living with him means that I can't just "ask him out on a date" because it could just be construed as a housemates/friends thing.
    Well I didn't really say anything to start with - I basically just kissed him.

I don't think he objected to my being tactile though, because the next night he was originally going home but then he stayed an extra night and suggested we go out and then made sure we were in the same position again of being on the couch watching a DVD with wine. I took this to be a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    When you google these things ( ) you get loads of people advising that women making the first move somehow emasculates men and takes away the thrill of the chase and the "hunter instinct" which causes them to lose interest. Probably total BS in the modern day and age, but the internet is saturated with it.
    It really is, I've Googled my own romance question for opinions and could have gone mad with the amount of contradiction! Good luck to you though.

ReputationRep:
    The first night I may also have stroked his face and hugged him quite a lot... and gotten him to put his arm around me I was a bit drunk. Then he was assuming I was just a really "tactile" person - I think maybe he seems to find it hard to believe I'm interested in him?
    Initiate a kiss. If he doesn't take the bait he is gay, uninterested or hopeless, but you can move on.

(Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    Initiate a kiss. If he doesn't take the bait he is gay, uninterested or hopeless, but you can move on.
    He may also be more hesitant because I only just broke up with my ex.

Do you think it's better to lean in or to say you want to kiss them or tell/ask them to kiss you? I really don't like the idea of leaning in for a kiss and having them turn their head away... I've had to do that to people before and I hate doing it, must feel even worse to be approaching it from the other side.

ReputationRep:
    He may also be more hesitant because I only just broke up with my ex.

Do you think it's better to lean in or to say you want to kiss them or tell/ask them to kiss you? I really don't like the idea of leaning in for a kiss and having them turn their head away... I've had to do that to people before and I hate doing it, must feel even worse to be approaching it from the other side.
    I'd say keep doing what you're doing with him say do more girlfriend boyfriendish things with him for a week, wait until the cool-down period of dumping your ex is over (say a week or so)
    Ask him out...
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OMG seriously?! HE LIKES YOU!! Now go kiss him!!

(Original post by Glitterandgold)
    OMG seriously?! HE LIKES YOU!! Now go kiss him!!
    Haha! Hope you're right because I really can't hold myself back for much longer, it is literally all I can think and feel about.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh he creates the situations. He is always dimming the lights and trying to ply me with wine... but then he does drink a lot! The other night he suggested we go out before having a meal and watching a film. But again, these are all things you can do with friends and we do live together, so it's harder to tell if it's a date!
    Wtf is wrong with you OP?

It couldn't be clearer if he was writing it on the wall with red paint.

(Original post by sophisticated)
    Wtf is wrong with you OP?

It couldn't be clearer if he was writing it on the wall with red paint.

Hah. He's quite a confusing guy though -I think because he's never been in a proper relationship and he's been rejected quite a lot - so I get some mixed signals.

Anyway, I sat there last night desperately trying and failing to say something. Went to bed. Thought this can't go on anymore - worst case scenario if I tell him is that he doesn't feel the same way and I can start moving on. Worse case scenario if I don't say anything is that I carry on feeling increasingly confused and frustrated then eventually like an idiot wondering what might have been.

So I texted him after we went to bed (wussy I know) and slipped in the fact that I find him attractive.

Think the ball is rather in his court now.

ReputationRep:
    Think the ball is rather in his court now.
    ERMAHGERD what did he reply to the text? Given my laptop's inability to stream shows atm, this is a welcome replacement for reality tv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous)
    think the ball is rather in his court now.
    what happened!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuufo)
    what happened!!!
    She has this big build-up then leaves us hanging

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evangelica)
    She has this big build-up then leaves us hanging
    Nothing? Come on anon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Worst scenario: he rejected her and due to disappointment she killed him and now she's in jail. Bad luck for all of them, especially if there was a third person sharing the rent

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.