Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

'Wise words' (random and cheesy ) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    Sometimes you've got to do what you think is best and ignore what people around you are saying

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your dedication to this thread is great! Keep it up!

ReputationRep:
    At any one time there are probably people going through similar or even worse things than you -you have to try and stop feeling sorry for yourself. **** happens to everyone. Some people choose to let everyone know about it whilst others put on a brave face ...
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A man was depressed and confused about the meaning of life, so he travelled to the temple at the top of the village hill to ask the wise man of the village about his problems. (in my imagination the wise guy is bald and constantly floats in that meditating position)

The wise man would only reply with one phrase: "The meaning of life is like a spoon, there is no spoon." and then was silent.

The next day the man returned to the temple and asked again, because the wise man had a better reputation than this and he was baffled.

The wise man would only reply with one phrase: "The meaning of life is like a spoon, there is no spoon." and then was silent.

On the 3rd day the man returned again, but this time he took a spoon and showed it to the wise man, saying: "but there are many spoons, here, I'm showing you one."

The wise man replied "Now you see."

ReputationRep:
    You're not a loner even if you keep telling yourself that. There are so many different people out there that it would be impossible to not find someone you have something in common with. stop using the l word and go explore
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurawoods)
    Your dedication to this thread is great! Keep it up!
    haha :rofl: thanks

ReputationRep:
    Those who laugh first always laugh last.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” - Dr Seuss

I love his quotes. Whenever I decide to read Oh, The Places You'll Go! I always feel on top of the world afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    If you are ruled by your mind you are a king; if by your body, a slave.

ReputationRep:
    "He who goes to bed with itchy arse**** wakes up with smelly finger." - Wise words indeed.

ReputationRep:
    A committee is a group that keeps minutes and loses hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    If you are ruled by your mind you are a king; if by your body, a slave.
    omg love that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalisnoir)
    "He who goes to bed with itchy arse**** wakes up with smelly finger." - Wise words indeed.
    wtf :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You reap what you sew, but what if the seeds you first had contained a flaw...

____

You are who you pretend to be, so be careful who you pretend to be...

____

And lastly:

Name:  1368216746230.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  43.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Nobody's perfect, but you can't constantly keep reminding yourself of your imperfections.

ReputationRep:
    Don't allow yourself to become frustrated by everything that's happening around you. Keep calm- there are already too many angry people in the world. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    omg love that
    I think it's Cato the Elder.

Someone today's youth can learn from! Bloody kids...

ReputationRep:
    Its so difficult to be nice to someone that despises you, but the ability to show them kindness despite the hatred they show you is what makes you so different from rotten people like this. Sometimes you may want to show them your nasty side but these sort of people will eventually meet their match-karmas a *****. Love is all we need. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Being religious/ believing doesn't mean your going to heaven. We've got to live the religion through our lives but that doesn't necessarily mean preaching and speaking at people. There are so many people out there that are going through things we don't even want to imagine and for some of them the last thing they want to hear is anything about religion. But they do want is someone to talk to and someone that can just listen to what they have to say. You could be that person. However if you just go around holding your holy book, looking superior, going to your place of worship regularly, calling yourself a believer but when someone asks you for help or tells you their struggling you reply 'I don't have time/ its not my problem' then you question why so many people are refusing to believe. Religion is not the issue it's what it's become, it's almost like it's dividing us when it's meant to bring us together. What I'm really trying to say is that it's easy to forget what the essence of religion is all about. It's about worrying less about yourself and focusing more on other people. However these days people are so quick to say 'Oh he/she doesn't believe so I'm not talking to them/ etc' - how is that in anyway a reflection of the the key elements that make up your religious doctrine such as love and peace.

oh boy that's enough for a friday night

I have so much revision to do :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Dear MATHS, stop asking to find your X, she’s not coming back.

ReputationRep:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.