How preposterous, Ash has never said such a thing :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenny)
    Run, Forest. RUN!!!

ReputationRep:
    "It's incredibly easy to misattribute quotes to people on the internet"
    - Legolas

Also
    "You can learn most about a man by watching how he treats those who can do nothing for him" or words to that effect by somebody. The internet will probably suggest it was Einstein. He said everything on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salapanda)
    "If you have never failed, you have never tried" - no idea
    "You never fail until you stop trying" - Einstein

Two quotes that I live my life by. I try not to let failure get me down because it shows that I have tried for something that wasn't easy. I also keep in mind that I haven't truly failed until I give up completely. These quotes helped me so much whilst I was hunting for a job. It's a bit lame but I wrote them out and stuck them on my computer so I could look at them when I'd just got a rejection or if I was having trouble with an application.
    " if youve never failed, youve never lived" - me

it's almost the same but...

ReputationRep:
    alan watts !!

ReputationRep:
    W. Clement Stone - "Always aim for the Moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    when uncertain - "A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor"

truth and lies - "the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off"

Others about use wired humans...

"most people don't listen with the intent to understand but the intent to reply"

ReputationRep:
    “Oh, it’s quite simple. If you are a friend, you speak the password, and the doors will open.”

My approach to any problem in life

ReputationRep:
    "Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd." - Bertrand Russell

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

"Character is determined more by the lack of certain experiences than by those one has had." - Freidrich Nietzsche

"Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure." - Thomas Edison

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - J. D. Salinger

I think the attributions are accurate, but the sentiments remain even if they're not. I always love a good quote.

ReputationRep:
    You are the driver of your life dont slip in the passenger seat and let somebody else do the work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

If you don’t imagine, nothing ever happens at all.

I have an obsession with quotes, but I think these are the ones that apply to my life the most.

ReputationRep:
    Food goes in here.

Name:  106.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  12.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    "If you want to succeed, you gotta smoke weed"

ReputationRep:
    "Go hard or go home"

-George Bernard Shaw c.1890

ReputationRep:
    Man with itchy bum
    Wake up with smelly finger

ReputationRep:
    "If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it." is the quote that I really really really love and often remind myself of and I do like the rest too "anything you want to, do it. Want to change the world? There's nothing to it". Willy wonka, my hero

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes 'til the biggest battle of our professional lives all comes down to today. Now either we heal as a team or we're gonna crumble, inch by inch, play by play, until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen, believe me. And, we can stay here, get the **** kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell, one inch at a time.Now, I can't do it for ya. I'm too old. I look around. I see these young faces, and I think, I mean, I made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in a mirror. You know, when you get old in life, things get taken from you. I mean that's, that's, that's part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast, and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second.
    On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****in' difference between winnin' and losin'! Between livin' and dyin'! I'll tell ya this - in any fight, it's the guy who's willin' to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know if I'm gonna have any life anymore, it's because I'm still willin' to fight and die for that inch. Because that's what livin' is! The six inches in front of your face!!
    Now, I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes! Now I think you're gonna see a guy who will go that inch with ya. You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows, when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him! That's a team, gentleman! And, either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football, guys. That's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?

-Coach Toni D'Amato (Al Pacino) in "Any given sunday"...wonderful

ReputationRep:
    Life is like a box of chocolates

ReputationRep:
    "Why so serious?"

ReputationRep:
    I do love a good quote

Sedit qui timuit ne non succederet = I won't sit still for fear of failure.

look after the pennies and the pounds will look after you.

Beauty, wealth, material things: these don't matter on our deathbed, only love and hapiness - me

life is a journey, not a destination.

If everything in life was easy, would you ever like you'd truly achieved? - me

at the end of the day, it's night.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.