Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Drama. Found it so boring I gave it up and now the only yr 11 to have free periods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Aha I did the Dida route so most of it was coursework but it was a bunch of bull**** powerpoints and word documents
    I was so bored by it in the 2 years I only completed 1 unit. Considering they expect 1 every 6 months that's pretty boring stuff!

ReputationRep:
    English Literature. :unimpressed::cry2:

ReputationRep:
    The theory part of P.E. Hated it.

ReputationRep:
    Media Studies.. SO BORING.

ReputationRep:
    Business studies and ICT
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    ICT- probably because it is too easy, not showing off but it isn't necessarily challenging enough; you can basically sit the ICT GCSE exam without knowing any theory and still get at least a C
    - Otherwise; I'd say Biology because I'm useless at it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did ICT 8 years ago. Did anyone else find it wasn't that different to ICT taught in the lower years? It was so boring. And for every single unit, we had to talk about saving our work.

Religious studies was boring too. We had to take it and the teacher was awful. He couldn't teach and I then got moaned at because a friend started to educate me on Judaism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    All three sciences. The AQA course is the most dull and excruciatingly unstimulating course I have ever had to go through.
    I was looking through my textbook as you said that, and just as B3 gets interesting with the heart, kidney, homoeostasis, etc, they introduce all of this bs about deforestation and climate change, which is essentially just a mass of text of pros and cons :/

ReputationRep:
    Defo ICT- had the worst teahcer

ReputationRep:
    Religious Studies. I love learning it, just the teacher made it so very boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty457)
    Geography, just copying stuff out of a book in a mixed ability set on a Friday afternoon was not challenging at all.
    Honestly, I couldn't agree more. So true.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of hate for ICT on this thread! Fortunately I only had to do functional skills ICT, which was pretty boring, but only 1 lesson per week.
    For me, the most boring is probably R.S. Copying notes out of a textbook every lesson just isn't my idea of fun.

ReputationRep:
    When I was in year 11 (3 Years ago) I hated Maths or RE (RS) >:| Got my B's and got the pi outta there.

ReputationRep:
    Languages of course... I feel like cutting myself whenever I'm in a German lesson. No racism intended but our German teacher's a nazi, doesn't let us talk at all and gives us a ridiculous amount of homework.

(Original post by Jina)
    Music.

That is all I will say.

Nothing more.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know, right? Everyone though it would be a fun subject... how wrong could you get. 3 people changed courses after the first week at my school. The amount and boredom of the work is depressing.

ReputationRep:
    ICT - pointless and horrible waste of time. Most of what we learned was already obsolete at the time as win7 had come out and we were using XP and an older version of MS Office :rolleyes: The content was absolutely terrible.

(Original post by Hgat)
    Languages of course... I feel like cutting myself whenever I'm in a German lesson. No racism intended but our German teacher's a nazi, doesn't let us talk at all and gives us a ridiculous amount of homework.
    Well that's something of a non sequitur to say the least :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Biology

ReputationRep:
    Music.

ReputationRep:
    ICT made me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon.

ReputationRep:
    History. Sooo dull.

ReputationRep:
    Business Studies - just about learning pointless 'key words'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.