The Student Room Group

Integration with parametic equation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by otrivine
and like with limits you usually sub values into the parametic equations , so if I integrated the cartesian , I would need to sub detha=pie/4 into the x and y equatons

If you've put it in Cartesians, then most likely you're integrating with respect to x, and then you would ignore theta completely because by that stage you've eliminated it. Could you post the integral you're carrying out?
Reply 41
Original post by Smaug123
If you've put it in Cartesians, then most likely you're integrating with respect to x, and then you would ignore theta completely because by that stage you've eliminated it. Could you post the integral you're carrying out?

sure, will do it now
I am so awful at maths, I just want to get it done, in Jan 2013 I got 75/100 for C3!

Don't worry bro, I'm retaking with you :tongue:

I got 74
Reply 43
Original post by posthumus
Don't worry bro, I'm retaking with you :tongue:

I got 74

1 mark less, no I am not retaking, I am happy with 75
1 mark less, no I am not retaking, I am happy with 75

Sorry for assuming that you were unhappy with it :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by posthumus
Sorry for assuming that you were unhappy with it :biggrin:

I guess hahaha, but 74 is still good why you retake instead get the other 6 ums from C4 or D1!
I guess hahaha, but 74 is still good why you retake instead get the other 6 ums from C4 or D1!

I need 120 UMS in total for an A :smile:
& with no retakes I would have only C4, which is impossible to get 120 UMS in obviously :tongue:

I will try aim for 70 UMS in D1 (I got 50 last time)... I'm retaking M1 (71) & C2 (83) also :smile:

But if I do get an A in the end I would have only scraped it !

Quick Reply