Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gang rape victim kills herself - how do we punish? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This just makes me so angry! Injustice! My faith in humanity is rapidly diminishing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The penalty for rape should involve appropriate use of a metal rod.

That should make people think twice!

ReputationRep:
    The rapist should get raped so they experience the pain and damage. Then face lifetime imprisonment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimisticb)
    The rapist should get raped so they experience the pain and damage. Then face lifetime imprisonment.
    Or... you know.. just lock them up for life, and not resort to being barbarians. It's justice not vengeance. You break societies rules and you are removed from it (for a period or indefinitely), or you are forced to pay reparations towards it.

Also. We don't always convict the right person. Are you really willing to have state sponsored rape committed on innocent people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    Or... you know.. just lock them up for life, and not resort to being barbarians. It's justice not vengeance. You break societies rules and you are removed from it (for a period or indefinitely), or you are forced to pay reparations towards it.

Also. We don't always convict the right person. Are you really willing to have state sponsored rape committed on innocent people?
    Fair point I guess, ' an eye for an eye would make the whole world blind'.

But if we resulted to life imprisonment, it's more or les likely to be shortened due to good behaviour. So how does one guarantee that these rapist will not participate in such acts in the future? On the other hand, if they got raped themselves, then I'm pretty sure they'd be conditioned to never rape again.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone saying 'the rapist', 'the rapist'? Was she actually 'raped' have 'they' been convicted of rape? As in is there enough evidence? Reading the whole thing, it doesn't seem to be the case. Still disheartening to see ANYONE take their life for any reason though. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimisticb)
    Fair point I guess, ' an eye for an eye would make the whole world blind'.

But if we resulted to life imprisonment, it's more or les likely to be shortened due to good behaviour. So how does one guarantee that these rapist will not participate in such acts in the future? On the other hand, if they got raped themselves, then I'm pretty sure they'd be conditioned to never rape again.
    By ensuring that life imprisonment means LIFE imprisonment.

ReputationRep:
    A few years in a jail cell with a guy called (Big) Bubba ought to set them straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilie18)
    ... Don't you mean tit for tat?

:unsure:
    Hahaha most likely but I didn't think it really mattered to be honest. Knowing the frikkin moderators on here though i'd be banned for saying tit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Bit of a tangent but I really like your voice.
    No homo though just wanted to say that.
    Ah cheers brah

I personally can't bear the sound of my own voice but I think just about everyone is like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ufo2012)
    'Gang-rape victim', 17, kills herself 'after her attackers took picture of the assault and sent it to classmates who branded her a slut'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nded-slut.html

Now the questions:

What should happen to the rapists?
    and
    What about the social media, what should/can be done about it?

Rape should have the same punishment as murder. With murder, the pain is imminent and the person dies, however with rape, there are long-lasting psychological scars which the person has to endure.

ReputationRep:
    Give me their names and they will never bother anyone again. :ninja2:

ReputationRep:
    to everyone suggesting these horribly painful sounding punishments, in a case where there is clearly more than we are being told. i really hope if you do get your way, you are also involved in a heavily clouded case where we will all just act on emotion rather than taking a correct fair approach

ReputationRep:
    Buried Alive with nothing but a picture of the girl in question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taylorh)
    to everyone suggesting these horribly painful sounding punishments, in a case where there is clearly more than we are being told. i really hope if you do get your way, you are also involved in a heavily clouded case where we will all just act on emotion rather than taking a correct fair approach
    Unless your machine, that's logically impossible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)

Perhaps you should read the article properly before branding people as rapists without a guilty conviction.
    You don't need a guilty conviction to see the obvious....

ReputationRep:
    This just breaks my heart not just that she was gang-raped, but she was so brutally bullied and humuliated afterwards. I feel sick at the thought. Poor girl :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blake-inator)
    You don't need a guilty conviction to see the obvious....
    no, you need a guilty conviction to apply any form of punishment.

(Original post by TBFL)
    Unless your machine, that's logically impossible
    not really, how about the first step of not assuming they are guilty, just because someone killed themselves doesn't mean everything they said is true. Don't get me wrong i am not arguing the fact it looks like they did it, and if it looks like a pig and squeels like a pig it's probably a pig. BUT we should ensure that they recieve a fair chance to defend themselves against these accusations without outside tampering because some people feel they are already guilty. Once a fair judgement has been passed then an appropriate punishment should be allocated, if society as a whole feels the punsihment is too light then we the people should act and make it known we want stricter punishments. personally i think if you are going to pass judgement having moral highground in which you are not condemning them to similar or worse situations is favourable as you would no longer be any better than they are. but if society feels differently then that should be the punishment they recieve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    Ah cheers brah

I personally can't bear the sound of my own voice but I think just about everyone is like that
    I like my own voice but I can't stand it when it's been recorded I sound retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorGang_4)
    Rape should have the same punishment as murder. With murder, the pain is imminent and the person dies, however with rape, there are long-lasting psychological scars which the person has to endure.
    Agree, as long as it's not capital punishment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.