Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm sure we can sort something out ooh so you got your accommodation sorted? Or is that your OH meeting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yeah I had email correspondence, fairly unhelpful but I extracted all info I could, I posted earlier. I haven't sorted my accommodation because I have a conditional. I haven't heard back from them bout OH worried now! Sorry for mentioning the downer of no fresher, but the only thing we will miss out is free pens and coupons, we can still have the raving parties!

ReputationRep:
    Haha that sounds good to me there a nightmare arnt they, trying to sort everything out. Il end up living out my car at this rate lol! I'm gonna call today and see if I can get someone helpful. Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    That was for the accomodation, like she said that i have it provisionally booked, and to ring them a week in advance of arrivial to pay deposit etc. Did you get the OH sorted? I rang OH today, they were very helpfull,think im going in two weeks for apointment, and will have it in Stirling and not in Inverness, which is great, alot closer! Hahah, im sure we will make our own freshers week!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, have got my OH apointment sorted,next tuesday in Stirling so dont have to travel all the way up to Inverness! Any luck on getting yer's sorted? Can't believe were starting in like nearly 3weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Got the grades! WAAHOO! I have an appointment in Stirling tomorrow! :O

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone I have been for my OH appointment and passed, woop woop! I'm moving up on 29th, anyone else moving up then? or around that date? Semester starts 2nd so, I'm assuming people are either coming up on 31st or the 24th?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have my OH till the 4th sept. I've gotta wait for a letter in 2 weeks apparently for accommodation. Il be up around then. Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sent away the booking form today, but they say that it will take a while for them to get back me, they are still working through jnr docs

ReputationRep:
    What's the OH meeting involve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They go over the form you sent them, I went to Stirling and they hadn't been sent mine over, so if you are doing to same, I would bear in mind you might have to fill in parts of it again, while you are there. Then weight and height is noted. Eye sight is tested (With glasses on if you wear them). Colour recognition is tested, to check you aren't colour blind. Peripheral vision, they ask you to tell them when you see a pen in your vision. Co-ordination and muscle stuff which your legs and hands. And also flexibility kinda stuff, like asking you to look behind your back. They then ask you about the immunizations you have. Give you a leaflet and instructions for when you get to highland to go and get them. Then they take blood. They left a nasty 1 inch scratch on my arm.... I have deep veins though, just glad they got at one.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k8y.123)
    Hey! Got the grades! WAAHOO! I have an appointment in Stirling tomorrow! :O
    Congrads!!!! Delighted you got the grades u wanted!

ReputationRep:
    Have my OH apointment tue, hope alls goes wel and if so will be moving over on the 30th! Nerves beginning to set in, cant believe were starting in the next few weeks :-o

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for Tuesday. I'm sure you'll be fine! Be lovely to meet you both! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Agoodwin23;43910007]Good luck for Tuesday. I'm sure you'll be fine! Be lovely to meet you both! X

Thanks! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agoodwin23)
    I don't have my OH till the 4th sept. I've gotta wait for a letter in 2 weeks apparently for accommodation. Il be up around then. Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey thats great... but just noticed. How are doing OH after the course starts? UCAS will only allow you to keep the conditional offer until 31 August, how does that work if your offer is only going to become unconditional, once you are there?

ReputationRep:
    The uni have sorted it out, I live a 10.5 hour journey away. I have the grades and everything it's only depending on the OH meeting which I already work in the nhs so hopefully no problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agoodwin23)
    The uni have sorted it out, I live a 10.5 hour journey away. I have the grades and everything it's only depending on the OH meeting which I already work in the nhs so hopefully no problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats great, wow, and I am complaining about being 3 hours away from home!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.