Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Choose a disease for me! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Orchidectomy sounds cool don't you think?

(Original post by chappers-94)
    I heard chlamydia is fashionable.
    Indeed. So much so that i came across a 1 year-old whose name was Chlamydia the other day. Not joking.

(Original post by Sphodromantis)
    Urg, face-palm, you die from rabies and that's that, there is no cure, they only shot you to stop any contagion and symptoms of it, then you're pretty much ****ed.
    Though to be clear for anyone not in the know, you can be cured by the vaccine if you get it early enough. Once symptoms develop its too late though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Well, that would certainly fit with a circumcision

I'm pretty sure you mean rabies!
    Fixed, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hemorrhoid

ReputationRep:
    Tests for diabetes? Anything that's not infectious sounds ideal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Orchidectomy sounds cool don't you think?

Indeed. So much so that i came across a 1 year-old whose name was Chlamydia the other day. Not joking.

Though to be clear for anyone not in the know, you can be cured by the vaccine if you get it early enough. Once symptoms develop its too late though.
    Lol,a child called chlamydia? :holmes:
    kid: Mummy, what's my name? Mum: You're called chlamydia! Kid: Why mummy? Because your father gave it to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphodromantis)
    Urg, face-palm, you die from rabies and that's that, there is no cure, they only shot you to stop any contagion and symptoms of it, then you're pretty much ******.
    PEP. Technically a person has contracted the disease at the time of the virus entering the system, PEP prevents the onset of serious symptoms and literally cures the patient.

Apart from that: Milwaukee protocol.

Seems like a face palm for you, Sir

ReputationRep:
    Cushings, leishmaniasis, myocarditis, neurocysticercosis, polyarteritis nodosa, respiratory synctial virus, scleroderma, behcets, chagas, chrons..etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arrhythmia)
    Cholera.
    There's a book called El amor en los tiempos del cólera or Love in the time of cholera. Makes you sound like a hopeless romantic.

No but seriously, I don't see our waters being cholera infested. Someone above suggested Ebola. That'd be a spiffing idea if you plan on dropping out of school for good/vanishing from the face of the earth.

Say you've had a horrible case of the flu (boring I know, but believable).
    You never know OP might have been to the congo recently to pick up a nice HF, afterall didnt someonewith MVD manage to fly into aberdeen or somewhere unoticed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    You never know OP might have been to the congo recently to pick up a nice HF, afterall didnt someonewith MVD manage to fly into aberdeen or somewhere unoticed?
    ^Your imagination is awesome!

I feel so sorry for the OP....who is not only undergoing circumcision but have to put up with posts planting all these nasty diseases on him. (ha, he did ask for it) XP

ReputationRep:
    Kidney infection? I was in hospital for a couple of days with a bad kidney infection and suspected abcess - although I was recovering for quite a while afterwards so you'd need to say your back hurts and you're feeling sick for quite a while afterwards I ended up being off college for six weeks.

ReputationRep:

I feel so sorry for the OP....who is not only undergoing circumcision but have to put up with posts planting all these nasty diseases on him. (ha, he did ask for it) XP
    I happened to be watching house when i came accross the thread

OP is enjoying this thread! And is still no closer to discovering a solution, although Kidney Disease is a winner so far.

ReputationRep:
    Glandular fever?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.