Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

im muslim and gay, and I just came out to my mum, and now she hates me :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's not just religion, if you from a South Asian background there's a lot of pressure to get married, it's like a cultural thing, not just religious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pendulum3)
    It's not just religion, if you from a South Asian background there's a lot of pressure to get married, it's like a cultural thing, not just religious.
    True, its very irritating. I am South Asian and 21 and already my parents and relatives are pestering me to get married. Its an obsession in South Asian culture.

Frankly, id sooner nail my genitals to a plank of wood then comply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Owl of Minerva)
    True, its very irritating. I am South Asian and 21 and already my parents and relatives are pestering me to get married. Its an obsession in South Asian culture.

Frankly, id sooner nail my genitals to a plank of wood then comply.
    LOL.
    i think all this marriage obsession is terribly sad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its ok Syed just go and live your life with Christian. One day Zainab will accept you for who you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dantheman7)
    Its ok Syed just go and live your life with Christian. One day Zainab will accept you for who you are.
    Sayed? Christian?

Are you watching Lost as you type?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by March)
    Sayed? Christian?

Are you watching Lost as you type?
    Wow that Eastenders reference went right above your head :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    Wow that Eastenders reference went right above your head :rofl:
    Haha! I used to watch that show. I stopped watching years ago, since then I've only caught the odd episode when I'm visiting my family and my brother will watch it. I remember those two, though... for a minute there I thought you were talking about Sayed getting it on with Jack Shepherd's dad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dantheman7)

ReputationRep:
    The title of this thread is misleading. She should have said 'lesbian' not 'gay'.

ReputationRep:
    These threads just are a piss take. What do you achieve by informing everyone about your problems? We aren't your parents, so let me break a few things down to you:
    1, TALK TO YOUR MUM AGAIN. no one, and let me say this again, cares about your problems unlike your mother. she is most likely surprised about your sudden statement, give her time.
    2, Homosexuality is a major sin in Islam, so any uneducated idiot saying otherwise please don't common on this thread. Reference: Prophet Lut (Arabic spelling)
    3, Finally, as difficult as your problem may be, TSR is not a foster home, so please discuss this with someone who can actually help you literally, rather than give you some sweet talk advice that will not help more than 5%.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amholcroft)
    Well.having read some of the Koran and Hadith he probably thinks it would be more acceptable for a. man to rape a slave girl or beat his wife
    Beat his wife? Please don't come out with such...Lol, it's funny how you guys can only pick out what you like people to see of Islam. Secondly, learn the rights which women in Islam have and I think you'll be quite amazed. Don't let forums and media delude your mind. Finally, learn how to use full stops please.:yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    That's odd, I thought Muslims were peaceful, mindful, peaceful, accepting, tolerant and peaceful.
    I'm sorry, is this were you prove your ignorance by letting ONE online, not sure if trolling post change your decision? Hi, you must be Mr.Ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh if my own kid one day tells me they're gay / bi - :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomGenius)
    Beat his wife? Please don't come out with such...Lol, it's funny how you guys can only pick out what you like people to see of Islam. Secondly, learn the rights which women in Islam have and I think you'll be quite amazed. Don't let forums and media delude your mind. Finally, learn how to use full stops please.:yy:
    Volume 7, Book 72, Number 715:
    Narrated 'Ikrima:
    Rifa'a divorced his wife whereupon 'AbdurRahman bin Az-Zubair Al-Qurazi married her. 'Aisha said that the lady (came), wearing a green veil (and complained to her (Aisha) of her husband and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating). It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's Apostle came, 'Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes!" When 'Abdur Rahman heard that his wife had gone to the Prophet, he came with his two sons from another wife. She said, "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment, 'Abdur-Rahman said, "By Allah, O Allah's Apostle! She has told a lie! I am very strong and can satisfy her but she is disobedient and wants to go back to Rifa'a." Allah's Apostle said, to her, "If that is your intention, then know that it is unlawful for you to remarry Rifa'a unless Abdur-Rahman has had sexual intercourse with you." Then the Prophet saw two boys with 'AbdurRahman and asked (him), "Are these your sons?" On that 'AbdurRahman said, "Yes." The Prophet said,
    "You claim what you claim (i.e.. that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as acrow resembles a crow,"

Your Hadith not mine

ReputationRep:
    Escape with your boyfriend to Uganda, you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im gay and im muslim , i have been going out with my girlfriend for nearly 2 and a half years , ive been living with her for 6 months now. My mums been begging me to come home coz she wants to get me married. I just got fed up and just told her im gay. Right now I noe she hates m coz she told me and she cursed me in the name of god..I feel really bad now, I dont noe if teling her was the right thing? :/ :confused:
    I'm a little confused as to how you can be Muslim and gay at the same time, so perhaps considering your situation and your beliefs you should be thinking about the consequences of that in your religion rather than the consequences of what your mother thinks. However, I'm really not sure how you can overcome that. I suppose that most people who come out to their parents would get a similar reaction, so take that as reassurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomGenius)
    As for the full stops I was on my phone. But hey Inshallah right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammi_K?)
    At the end of the day, your mum may not know what you're doing but Rainbow Dash does. It is her you will have to answer to for your actions. Forget about what your mum thinks for a moment, What does RAINBOW DASH think? That should be your concern mostly.

Rainbow Dash, she's always watchin you:
    Attachment 208947
    I think you need to relax, ponies aren't exactly relevant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    I suppose that most people who come out to their parents would get a similar reaction, so take that as reassurance.
    Not most people, just most Muslims. The rest of the world has evolved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    Not most people, just most Muslims. The rest of the world has evolved.
    I'm sensing a little hostility towards Muslims here. Maybe I'm wrong but there seem to be more towards this post than just the gay thing. I'm not Muslim btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.