Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You Are To Inherit A £4billion Fortune From A Previously Unknown Relative - What Do.. watch

ReputationRep:
    turn tory

ReputationRep:
    I would buy a few properties in different places. Than I would invest in my education and buy a few facilities. I would not run my own business with a business plan and only if it make a profit. Maybe start a charity organisation.

Pay for my degree and masters if I am smart enough. Maybe do something similar to dragon den, helping others start their own business like business angel and fund projects that could make people lives better.

Make sure that my parents are sorted for life since they are old already.

Make a few game studios and make awesome games. Also make awesome film production studio and make awesome movies. Stuff like that but it hard to handle the mentality of having £4 billion. I would be content with £1 million never mind £4 billion. It just attract fake friends and people who only acknowledge you for your money and fame. Huge Hefner is an example.

ReputationRep:
    Probably an obvious and slightly boring answer, use some of the money to travel this summer and save the rest for a 'rainy day. as it were.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    You'd have to marry him first - you...you gold-digger! :pierre:

Oh noes, I've been caught!

Lovin' these sort of questions.

Personally, I'd do pretty much what everyone else has said. Keep lots for myself and family/friends, donate to charity, invest in businesses...

BUT. I would create a Lord of The Rings holiday destination. I'd buy an island, and create Rivendell, the Shire, Gondor, Erebor and Lothlorien. And open it to the public.

For a fee. Of course.

ReputationRep:
    One thing I've always wanted to do is use some of the money to buy/build a swimming pool and then fill the hole with money instead of water.

ReputationRep:
    £3 billion to charity. Straight away. And I'm not just saying that to make myself look good. I'd have no personal need for more than £1 billion so giving the excess to charity is probably putting it to its best use.

ReputationRep:
    In the following order...

Season 2 of Firefly

Season 3 of Stargate: Universe.

Season 5 of Star Trek: Enterprise

A new Battlestar Galactica Series.

A bag of Walker's Smoky Bacon crisps and a Cherry Coke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Buy multiple houses, cars
    Give £500mil to charity, put £500mil in an account not to be touched
    Go around the world for a couple of years chilling and visiting the sights
    Play high-stakes poker part time (Put like £50mil aside for the project which if I lost, oh well lulz)
    Get bored and start to work on ways to invest the money.. small companies, stocks etc..

EDIT: Oh, also buy Man United
    You'd give £500m to charity? Hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    In the following order...

Season 3 of Stargate: Universe.
    I shall rep you (when I can) purely for this. :top: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    You'd give £500m to charity? Hahahaha
    Well that is just initially, only 1/8th of the money and i'd struggle to use so much money anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't give any to my family. They chose to be working class, not me.

I would just lay on a beach forevermore, with my iPhone in one hand reading through TSR, whilst the waves crash on my feet.

ReputationRep:
    Develop a very severe crack-cocaine addiction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I wouldn't give any to my family. They chose to be working class, not me.

I would just lay on a beach forevermore, with my iPhone in one hand reading through TSR, whilst the waves crash on my feet.
    The iPhone 5, no doubt?

Or, seeing as you would be rich enough, you could just buy the prototype iPhone 10 (which will probably be out in 2 years, knowing Apple)?

ReputationRep:
    I would buy holiday homes all over the world, a Bugatti Veyron, Shelby GT500, Ferrari FXX, buy Arsenal FC and actually spend some bloody money (I'd also probably make myself manager).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    That would be one seriously lucky charity.

Half a billion spent in marginal seats would see off the Tories permanently. Cameron would have to try to get a job in PR again, but I would pay all PR companies not to hire him. He would end up as a hotel porter or something similar.

I would pay to get Kim Kardashian removed from all monthly, weekly and daily publications, plus her various relatives, in perpetuity.

One Direction would be retired and pensioned off and Harry would only have his hair to worry about henceforth.

Benedict Cumberbatch would come back to make another complete Sherlock. I would be the only one who could afford him.

TSR would be decked in pink and lilac.

My own special offshore island, 'FullofSurprisia' (somewhere in the Bahamas) would be declared a 'non tax-haven island', only suitable for those who pay their taxes in full.

I would have a really good massage once a week.
    Lol fascist

ReputationRep:
    So £4billion and correct me if I'm mistaken but no one mentioned spending some of that on the relative's funeral?

ReputationRep:
    Of course the first main re action would be to buy things, which is understandable. However when your rich there are problems, yeah you can buy nice stuff, but you slowly lose friends and some friends will be there for the money, I don't know money is like they say You can't buy happiness. I'd give it away to something that desprately needs, I'd always wanted a nice simple life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pendulum3)
    Of course the first main re action would be to buy things, which is understandable. However when your rich there are problems, yeah you can buy nice stuff, but you slowly lose friends and some friends will be there for the money, I don't know money is like they say You can't buy happiness. I'd give it away to something that desprately needs, I'd always wanted a nice simple life.
    This is very, very true. One of the only ways out of that is to make friends with persons who are equally wealthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_Jatt)
    So £4billion and correct me if I'm mistaken but no one mentioned spending some of that on the relative's funeral?
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chococoatedlemons)
    i'm moving in. best idea ever.
    CRAZY HOUSECASTLE PARTAY!!!:woo:

Hmm, maybe I would just forget Uni and live the rest of my days as the headmaster of a boarding school in my epic castle . With everyone sorted into individual houses and pit against each other on a T-Rex, of course!

EDIT: I may just need that other £3bn back...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.