Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone actually like school Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll always look back fondly at school days; blissful arrogance some will call it, but it was genuinely the experience which has formulated me today. I will be for ever grateful to countless teachers who really worked their socks off to provide a wonderful education in a challenging environment.

Having said that, I will not regret leaving behind teenagers who have no gratefulness for education; who sadly were a very large majority in my school. I sadly can only really remember lessons being disrupted now by idiotic pupils, as well as stupid and attention seeking teens causing problems day after day.

Gosh so many memories, and I'm only about to leave in 49 days :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Of course I started the conversation and said "i don't like school and doubt anyone liked school". However after reading some of the comments i have begun to look at the bright side of school. I really think your view depends on if your in school or not really, im still in high school so i haven't really looked back at school life that much. However people in uni ECT... Have better memories of school.

ReputationRep:
    I loved school and teachers except bullies and majority of people who disrespected teachers. You should see some students in our schools where teachers are being called fa*****, idiots, morons etc and teachers can't do anything because apparently students have rights but they always forget their duties.. That's the part I hated about school.. But I'm very grateful for those teachers who taught and educated me.

ReputationRep:
    I despise school -.- Every day I dread getting up because I hate it and everything about it. I'm so fed up of the place! I don't know if any other schools treat 6th form like children, but ours does. So patronising! Can't wait to leave that hell hole and never see it again -.- The end of A Levels can't arrive quick enough! Roll on June!

ReputationRep:
    I used to dislike school but as I have progressed through school I disliked it less and less, finally when I reached sixth form I finally began to look forward to school (I obviously enjoy holidays more) as it gave me a routine and structure as well being able to see a lot more of friends (as outside of school I always start to feel isolated and I am actually a reasonably social person but I have some anxiety issues which mean I find it hard to organise to see my mates, its an odd dichotomy I know). Also I like having tangible targets in my subjects (something school offers, do this exercise in the next X days etc.).

I have just 4 weeks and 1 day till I go on study leave and after that I will never go to school again and it feels so odd (like my life will be completely open for there on). I never thought I'd say this but I don't really want to leave school.

ReputationRep:
    I slightly liked it better at gcse, appreciated a bit more at a level. But I have a feeling if access to education was limited, Im sure many would want to go back to school who disliked it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    What year are you in? People will grow up eventually, trust me. It gets better
    I'm in Year 10. I can't wait to get to sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoonerGirl)
    I'm in Year 10. I can't wait to get to sixth form.
    I hated school too, so much happier at college The number of immature morons back in school was just beyond belief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    I hated school too, so much happier at college The number of immature morons back in school was just beyond belief.
    I thought so! There are some really immature girls (unfortunately I go to an all girls' school) in my year who are right ****holes! I probably won't ever see them again in sixth form!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicodin)
    your sig.. shaft?
    Good song haha, but nope, just like the saying lol

ReputationRep:
    I hated school. :yep: College was slightly better but still had very little enthusiasm for it.

ReputationRep:
    I hated my school. It failed to adequately prepare me for just about anything.

I loved college though, and am quite looking forward to university.

ReputationRep:
    I hated my school. But that was because it was full of *******s.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.