Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliHannaford)
    are you sure it wasn't -3-2i?
    Probs man.

ReputationRep:
    i seem to remember plotting Z1 in the bottom right of the argand diagram you see.

ReputationRep:
    i seem to remember plotting Z1 in the bottom right of the argand diagram you see.
    It was definitely 3-2j

ReputationRep:
    I gotta admit the argand diagram got me a little worried, did anyone else get surds on some numbers?

ReputationRep:
    yeah 3-2i hahah, of course its 3-2i if its bottom right. i dont think alot of the time when i type or write, probably why i'm heading for a poor result in that exam..

in general how did people find it?

ReputationRep:
    it was much easier than jan2013. I really wanna know though, for the z1+z2 and z2-z1, did you guys add and subtract first and then plot a single point, or do the thing in the textbook where you draw a parallelogram and for the subtraction draw the arrow ? I did the second one, reckon I'll get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriselle15)
    it was much easier than jan2013. I really wanna know though, for the z1+z2 and z2-z1, did you guys add and subtract first and then plot a single point, or do the thing in the textbook where you draw a parallelogram and for the subtraction draw the arrow ? I did the second one, reckon I'll get the marks?
    I added and subtracted, which gave me some numbers involving surds. Is tis the correct way? I dont know the vector way of doing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriselle15)

You mean it was Z2-Z1? :eek:

i plotted Z1-Z2!!! :unimpressed:

If you've done that method correctly, you'll still get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panople)
    I wrote that it does not have an inverse, as the determinant is 0.

As for the paper - it wasn't too difficult but I know I have made a few silly mistakes.
    http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/fp106ja_pcx12a.pdf in question 9vii it is very similar to the one today and says 'Transformation many to one'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    I added and subtracted, which gave me some numbers involving surds. Is tis the correct way? I dont know the vector way of doing it
    well seeing as everyone else in my class did it that way then yeah its probably right (dammit for me)

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm, z1 = 3 -2j looking at the paper now.

ReputationRep:
    You mean it was Z2-Z1? :eek:

i plotted Z1-Z2!!! :unimpressed:

If you've done that method correctly, you'll still get the marks.
    if you plot z2-z1 it will be arrow from z1-z2, make sense? I think you've done it right? fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm, z1 = 3 -2j looking at the paper now.
    Can you take a photo and upload it by any chance ?

ReputationRep:
    that paper threw me a little, didnt expect a induction q in section B but i thought it was alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdcefghi)
    http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/fp106ja_pcx12a.pdf in question 9vii it is very similar to the one today and says 'Transformation many to one'
    Yeah exactly that, its only 1 mark but pissed off cus of it rofl.

ReputationRep:
    Can you take a photo and upload it by any chance ?
    Could i get in trouble for doing so? My head of maths would murder me if he knew i took it out

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't it starting with Σr^2 -Σr -n

Then factorize out 1/3 then take out n and if you multiply the stuff left in the right hand side bracket you get n^2-4 which is the difference of 2 squares so its (n-2)(n+2)
    Well then... Probably lost a couple of marks on that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could i get in trouble for doing so? My head of maths would murder me if he knew i took it out
    I don't think so I see people putting them up all the time but check lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so I see people putting them up all the time but check lol
    ok inabit

ReputationRep:
    Hard paper i reckon below 58 for an a. What lines did everyone get for the last question

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.