Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your own race invading your home country, what would you do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would defend the lives of the people I know and love.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, they're probably right when they say you wouldn't be welcomed by people in the UK. I imagine it would be like the Japanese in WW2 USA - people wouldn't trust you because of how you look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    You and you're family are more than welcome into Great Britain, if you wish to contribute to the benefit of the state and society as a whole. You're biological family should realise that if they have our back, then we have theirs, no matter what colour or creed are.
    I had a hard time choosing, but I think this is the most patronising post in the thread. Well done!

CRINGE.

ReputationRep:
    Only England!

ReputationRep:
    Im an individual and I don't like to associate myself with things. I'd only fight for the side who I think is righteous, regardless of their race and nationality.

ReputationRep:
    I'm loyal to the UK and I couldn't see that changing if I moved countries.
    Maybe if I was second generation but definitely not if I just moved. Unless I loved the country. But from the ones I've been to, I am not swayed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    I had a hard time choosing, but I think this is the most patronising post in the thread. Well done!

CRINGE.
    And this is why out of control immigration is so readily accepted. Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Wonder how my country could possibly invade itself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed-)
    And this is why out of control immigration is so readily accepted. Well done!
    What? I was referring to:

1. The poster thinking that someone born and raised in the UK somehow needs a nice white guy to 'welcome' him here. It was cringeworthy because the poster felt he was being magnanimous when in fact he was being a tiny bit racist. It would be like a white American telling Obama he's welcome in America - it would imply that Obama is welcome in America but is, because of his skin, not actually an American.

2. How could you possibly not cringe at "if your family's got our backs we've got theirs"? Surely that needs no explanation.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on each persons situation. I wasn't born here, 99% of my family is elsewhere, English is not my first language, therefore I won't join Britain if my country would invade it. As much as I respect the country and do everything I can to adapt to society and be British around British people, I won't be able to join Britain against my country. That does not imply that I will join the invasion and turn against all of you guys, because that's just an awful thing to do, but to put it this way, if I do join Britain, I will end up shooting one of my own people, people who I share a lot in common with, and that's just as awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    LOL, he was born and bred here. He's as much British as I am or you are.
    Oh I must of missed that, thanks for informing me!. Still, my point is the same.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.