Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feminists sabotage yet another University talk on men's equality Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    Well I still consider this to be an odd stand point ... If it were talking about incest between children or teens I could understand but he specifically refers to father daughter incest
    Is father daughter required to be father-infant, or father-child? Again, it's an understandable association, but not a correct one. I also understand that you find it odd, it's a very difficult subject to take an alternate view on, I often find the same when trying to have a discourse on things like beastiality or necrophilia. I'm very much of the view that 'harm' is the issue, rather than the percieved 'perversion.'

And I took a look at your link about the date rape stuff, and I can see why it's devisive, but again, in my opinion it's not a point against Farrell. I think it was perhaps ill thought out of him, but he's not endorsing date rape, he's merely pointing out the discongruity surrounding consent in such situations.

ReputationRep:
    Some please just kill the red haired woman in the first video... She does my head in beyond belief...

ReputationRep:
    As far as I can tell this sort of oppression only takes place on university campuses. Feminism has infiltrated all levels of academia. Fair enough, you sort of expect it in cultish things like "critical theory" (which was made up by humanities academics to make their subject look rigorous) - but I took an international relations module in first year and one lecture was about women's power or lack of it in the world. Why? Complete irrelevance.

Our campus newspaper and our campus politics are also often centred around feminist debates.

ReputationRep:

Here's TheAmazingAthiest's video ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrietharmman)
    Toronto feminists have "protested" yet another academic talk on men's issues, this time one focusing on misandry (previous talks included The Boy Crisis and a critique of women's studies).

Feminist tactics including hurling abuse at those attending, brandishing weapons, shouting in attendees ears with megaphones and setting off the fire alarm thus forcing the evacuation of the building. There have been three such events at the university thus far, and the feminists have targeted all three.

Here's two videos from the most recent event:

Note how many of the mob cover their faces whilst chanting about being able to see through the "disguise" of men's rights activists, such incredible hypocrisy.

Some media coverage:
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/04/10/...about-equality
    (sadly that's all there is, just imagine how much there would be if a women's rights event was targeted by masked thugs)

Anyway, feminists obviously don't want anyone to know about the work of Nathanson and Young so lets hope that backfires completely and their work reaches a wider audience thanks to the misandrists in the video.

If anyone knows who keeps pulling the fire alarms, then there's now a $1,000 reward on offer: http://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-...-false-alarms/

Here's a video of the feminist antics at a previous Toronto event, what do others think can be done to stop these mobs?
    If I had a face like some of those ****s I'd be ****ed off with the world as well.

ReputationRep:
    http://i.imgur.com/cwSoc.png ... Sorry it is a link from a link

At the change of page

Don't get me wrong ... I believe that we should all take responsibility for our actions

This seems to suggest that romantic novels show that a woman wants to be raped ... The blurring of the issue of date rape is not good
    Ahh yes, I can see how that is controversial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)

Here's TheAmazingAthiest's video ^
    He's on the money again here.

That woman with the red hair is an absolutely, vile, whiny, nasty piece of work.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, I'm not one for advocating violence, but that ugly ***** in the red hair deserves a good beat down.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I do not support or defend the way in which the protesters in that video were behaving in fact I abhor their behaviour

I have looked up some information on warren Farrell and can see why they were protesting

The sad thing is that their message was lost because their behaviour was so awful

What is also sad is that the potentially positive message that warren Farrell has regarding equality for all is also lost because of his other statements about incest and date rape
    Thank you, there's a lot of sense in this post. I feel like people are so outraged by the behaviour of some of these protesters that the meaning of the demonstration has been forgotten. We shouldn't forget that Warren Farrell genuinely has expressed some pretty questionable views on date rape and so it's understandable that some students would take exception to him being given a platform at their university. Obviously the people in the video aren't doing much to help their cause with their, uh, undiplomatic behaviour, but I can't help but wonder how representative they were of the demonstration as a whole. The video certainly seems to have been deliberately edited to make them look as bad as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Saw this a while ago: yes, it is disgusting. That people like this can call themselves 'progressive', and then clamp down on free academic discourse is ridiculous. At the risk of Godwin'ing this thread, those scenes are somewhat reminiscent of Nazi thugs shouting down lectures by Jewish academics in the 1930s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    Thank you, there's a lot of sense in this post. I feel like people are so outraged by the behaviour of some of these protesters that the meaning of the demonstration has been forgotten. We shouldn't forget that Warren Farrell genuinely has expressed some pretty questionable views on date rape and so it's understandable that some students would take exception to him being given a platform at their university. Obviously the people in the video aren't doing much to help their cause with their, uh, undiplomatic behaviour, but I can't help but wonder how representative they were of the demonstration as a whole. The video certainly seems to have been deliberately edited to make them look as bad as possible.
    Normally I would've totally agreed with you, however I saw the actual meeting the feminists were protesting against. He mentioned nothing related to the quotes aforemented, no incest, no date rape, just how men are discriminated against in society.
    Although I could see why they are protesting.

ReputationRep:
    I just lol'd at those poor white knights thinking they gonna get some

ReputationRep:
    that guy whose friends committed suicide....damn bro. These "fems" need to relax, no ones against women's rights. I've got a feeling they care more about female supremacy..

ReputationRep:
    Some media coverage:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04...n_3061876.html

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, i could name a ridiculously long list of how men are discriminated against.

ReputationRep:
    never quite understood feminism, how can you campaign for gender equality and yet place all your focus on one gender

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by absman123)
    never quite understood feminism, how can you campaign for gender equality and yet place all your focus on one gender
    Depending on which feminist you ask, the answer could either be:

1. "The Patriarchy was designed to benefit men. Therefore mens' issues cannot exist."

2. "We do not only focus on one gender, we focus on male and female issues equally."

3. "Male issues are petty in comparison to female issues. We'll get around to male issues when we have stopped the systematic oppression of women."

4. "All men can die in a fire for all I care."

ReputationRep:
    These videos are old. Totally fed up of the anti-feminist threads on TSR - we get it already, you don't like feminists. These videos have been posted at least 5 times on different threads in the past month or so, really would like to see you come up with some new material to hate on :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edithwashere)
    These videos are old. Totally fed up of the anti-feminist threads on TSR - we get it already, you don't like feminists. These videos have been posted at least 5 times on different threads in the past month or so, really would like to see you come up with some new material to hate on :rolleyes:
    Not really that old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    Not really that old.
    As I've said, they've been posted on here multiple times already. Not really worth making a new thread about it since it's already been talked about lots of times. And thanks for the neg, didn't see that coming :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.