Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSR08)
    Have you got a link for this mate?
    Sure
    http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.ph...aminers-minds/

But for each there is alot of detail, im just gonna finish content from the textbook, then make brief notes on each because there is no saying they will come up , but might be of use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver1234)
    Sure
    http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.ph...aminers-minds/

But for each there is alot of detail, im just gonna finish content from the textbook, then make brief notes on each because there is no saying they will come up , but might be of use
    Thats a link from 2011 mate so not sure how valid it will be for this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSR08)
    Thats a link from 2011 mate so not sure how valid it will be for this year
    **** my life

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone find the january 2013 econ 4 exam and upload it please.

ReputationRep:
    Here's something that my teacher made for our class outlining what has come up in the previous years. Plus at the bottom she has made her predictions for what will come up for this year. Obviously there's no guarantee that it's going to be correct but she did correctly predict one of the topics in both the unit 2 and 3 exams in january.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx A2 unit 4 Que Analysis.docx (17.2 KB, 502 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran?)
    Here's something that my teacher made for our class outlining what has come up in the previous years. Plus at the bottom she has made her predictions for what will come up for this year. Obviously there's no guarantee that it's going to be correct but she did correctly predict one of the topics in both the unit 2 and 3 exams in january.
    Ok thanks for sharing ill take a look later because I cant open this file on my phone :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone got the mark scheme for the January 2013 ECON4 paper if so can you please post it?

Only pray something about fiscal policy/budget deficit, unemployment, (basically the AS topics). I don't fully understand international trade and Globalisation and Exchange rates. Need to do some work on it now. I most likely will end up answering context 2, The European question.

ReputationRep:
    Check the first few pages

ReputationRep:
    I did this paper in Jan and messed it up (67 UMS). I really don't like the context questions as most of them are along the lines of; If this happened what would be the impact on the UK. I'm not always confident answering questions regarding the international economy and its impact on the UK, unless its on exchange rates

Really hoping for 90+ UMS in this to get an A* because I thought the unit 3 paper went well so hopefully I should have 90 in that!

I have a feeling the EU context will be regarding whether or not the UK should leave the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Are student loans and investment in infrastructure supply side policy

ReputationRep:
    What topics are most likely that we should priortise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd also like to ask this..? Does anyone have information regarding what has came up in the past and any topics that are particularly likely/unlikely to come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by curtisblackham)
    I'd also like to ask this..? Does anyone have information regarding what has came up in the past and any topics that are particularly likely/unlikely to come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Check the attachment I posted a few posts up...

ReputationRep:
    Check the attachment I posted a few posts up...
    Can you just tell the topics I can't open that file on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Topics (somewhat) likely to come up according to my teacher:

Evaluation of monetary policy especially success of QE (‘what else’ = interest rates, fiscal, supply side)

Evaluation of Role of City (financial sector) or should we rebalance economy towards manufacturing?

Cost Push Inflation – causes, solutions – should the 2% inflation target be relaxed (ads and dis ads)?

Measurement of living standards – does GDP do the job, if not, why, what else?

Economic Cycles – causes, how to get away from ‘boom and bust’ cycles (less consumption led, flexible labour markets which can respond better to shocks, more export led growth, more supply side capacity so that growth not inflationary and curtailed)

ReputationRep:
    Topics (somewhat) likely to come up according to my teacher:

Evaluation of monetary policy especially success of QE (‘what else’ = interest rates, fiscal, supply side)

Evaluation of Role of City (financial sector) or should we rebalance economy towards manufacturing?

Cost Push Inflation – causes, solutions – should the 2% inflation target be relaxed (ads and dis ads)?

Measurement of living standards – does GDP do the job, if not, why, what else?

Economic Cycles – causes, how to get away from ‘boom and bust’ cycles (less consumption led, flexible labour markets which can respond better to shocks, more export led growth, more supply side capacity so that growth not inflationary and curtailed)
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Guys do you think Balance of Payments will come up it hasn't come up in Jun 12 or Jan 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtorevise127)
    Guys do you think Balance of Payments will come up it hasn't come up in Jun 12 or Jan 13
    It came up for the June unit 2 exam last month so not sure if this means anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas about the EU question guys?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.