Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worst thing you've done to your pet? Watch

ReputationRep:
    killed it in one day of having it. it was a goldfish and died overnight...:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Our dog actually did it to himself - but we should have kept him away from the scene.

We were painting our metal shed door - the colour was a rather ghastly shade of green. Our dog - a rottweiller/labrador cross was rather partial to dozing off near there and leaned against the wet paint. He was a heavy dog and managed to imprint the entire side of his right side with green gloss paint.

And as we all know you can't get gloss off unless you use turps - which we couldn't do obviously

So we had a green dog for several months
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    Our dog actually did it to himself - but we should have kept him away from the scene.

We were painting our metal shed door - the colour was a rather ghastly shade of green. Our dog - a rottweiller/labrador cross was rather partial to dozing off near there and leaned against the wet paint. He was a heavy dog and managed to imprint the entire side of his right side with green gloss paint.

And as we all know you can't get gloss off unless you use turps - which we couldn't do obviously

So we had a green dog for several months
    We had similar - our black lab / spaniel had walked into a wall and the paint was light grey. It was waterproof paint; so we couldn't do anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    Not me but my cousins wardrobe fell on top of her guinea pig and after staying flat for a few hours he amazingly survived and lived a long life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by bexl24)
    Am I the only person who has an evil pet who does nasty things to me instead?
    No. One of my parents dogs has the disgusting habit of weeing on me and he (play) bites me too.

ReputationRep:
    Closed the door on my cat's tail (by accident of course). :sad:
    Made a scary noise at my puppy in the dark, he jumped up on me and started barking and ran back into the house and slipped. :teehee: I felt bad afterwards, but we made up.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to introduce a sombre tone, but:

Shut the downstairs toilet door behind my cat Thomas because he'd been cornered by our new puppy and wasn't enjoying it - she couldn't get at him in there and the cat flap is in the window in there so he could just go outside.

About half an hour or so later I look in the toilet and he's lying on the tiled ledge around the cistern, which I found weird. I look closer and his head is pressed very hard up against the wall as well. So I stroke him and he seems weird. That's when I pick him up and realise he's had a stroke and is paralysed. It was just me and my ~7 year old sister in the house and I was scared of letting her see him like this, so I put him back down on the ledge and ring my mum. She and my stepdad are in the middle of a play (performing, not watching) and they don't answer. I ring my stepdad despite his phone possibly going off in the wings. I leave frantic messages for them both. Eventually I get through and they say they can't come home. Under any other circumstances I would have brought Thomas into the lounge with us and held him in my lap but I didn't want my sister to see. I held him for a while in the toilet, and I think he died while I was holding him.

I still feel awful for letting him lie there all alone. Even though I didn't know he was there. This is like ten years ago now and I still blame myself, even though he had probably already started having the stroke while he was still cornered by the dog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    Sorry to introduce a sombre tone, but:

Shut the downstairs toilet door behind my cat Thomas because he'd been cornered by our new puppy and wasn't enjoying it - she couldn't get at him in there and the cat flap is in the window in there so he could just go outside.

About half an hour or so later I look in the toilet and he's lying on the tiled ledge around the cistern, which I found weird. I look closer and his head is pressed very hard up against the wall as well. So I stroke him and he seems weird. That's when I pick him up and realise he's had a stroke and is paralysed. It was just me and my ~7 year old sister in the house and I was scared of letting her see him like this, so I put him back down on the ledge and ring my mum. She and my stepdad are in the middle of a play (performing, not watching) and they don't answer. I ring my stepdad despite his phone possibly going off in the wings. I leave frantic messages for them both. Eventually I get through and they say they can't come home. Under any other circumstances I would have brought Thomas into the lounge with us and held him in my lap but I didn't want my sister to see. I held him for a while in the toilet, and I think he died while I was holding him.

I still feel awful for letting him lie there all alone. Even though I didn't know he was there. This is like ten years ago now and I still blame myself, even though he had probably already started having the stroke while he was still cornered by the dog.
    I'm so sorry to hear that x It's not your fault whatsoever, even if you noticed Thomas was having a stroke, what could you do? Don't beat yourself up about it xx

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes i put ham on my cats head because....its just hilarious...

when im home he sleeps in my bed but walks over my face, shoves his snotty nose in my mouth and then goes down to sleep on my feet... so sometimes i kick him a bit (gently!!) just so he's as pissed off as i am. I've also accidentally shut him in the fridge, only for like 3 seconds before i realised! it's his own fault for getting in there!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I once accidentally poked one of my parents dogs in the eye. He sat there and did nothing. WTF?

@ Ronove - that is very sad.

ReputationRep:
    Every time I give my dog a bath, he makes sure that I feel like I'm doing the worst crime in the world...

The way he writhes, whines and looks at me beseechingly...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Relaxedexams)
    Every time I give my dog a bath, he makes sure that I feel like I'm doing the worst crime in the world...

The way he writhes, whines and looks at me beseechingly...
    The poor dog! One of my parents dogs loves having a shower. He only has to be asked to follow mum into the bathroom.

ReputationRep:
    Used to slam my cat down the stairs everyday.

I was only 5

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends was staying over at her dads and she left her guitar leaning on a wall in the downstairs office. Her dad had a grey boy kitten and the rest of the family were upstairs. They heard a thud and came running down and the guitar had fallen in the kitten. She said it was horrible because its skull had been crushed and there was brain matter leaking out. The worst thing was that it wasn't dead yet so they had to have it put down. The next one is even worse because I could swear she has a family which (accidentally) murders animals: her hamster was running around on a table and her dad put his elbow down on it. It died. However, when I was 5, I sat down on a sofa at my grandparents' house and accidentally sat on their adolescent cat, Tikky and all her pregnancies were still born so we had to have her neutered. I felt so bad.

ReputationRep:
    I was holding my gerbil while standing in the kitchen when he twisted out of my hands and fell on to the hard wood floor he broke 1 foot and both his hands his brother through all the time it took for him to recover brought him food and some how water keeping him fed and watered kind of like if you hurt your self how your family would help you he made a full recovery and lived a full gerbil life sadly he's dead and gone now.

ReputationRep:
    I was sitting at my desk in my spinnie wheelie chair, and I start feeling thirsty.
    I roll the chair back pretty swiftly, completely unaware that my cat is sitting under the chair. I run over the poor thing's tail, ripping all of the hairs out where I ran over it and left a bit of a cut He let out a pretty loud yelp and hissed at me, but I picked him up and he started licking me so I think he forgave me instantly. Still feel bad about it though, took a couple of months for that hair to grow back fully...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    my friend had a cat who died and placed him into a bin (yes... in the park bin).....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PricklyPorcupine)
    One of my friends was staying over at her dads and she left her guitar leaning on a wall in the downstairs office. Her dad had a grey boy kitten and the rest of the family were upstairs. They heard a thud and came running down and the guitar had fallen in the kitten. She said it was horrible because its skull had been crushed and there was brain matter leaking out. The worst thing was that it wasn't dead yet so they had to have it put down. The next one is even worse because I could swear she has a family which (accidentally) murders animals: her hamster was running around on a table and her dad put his elbow down on it. It died. However, when I was 5, I sat down on a sofa at my grandparents' house and accidentally sat on their adolescent cat, Tikky and all her pregnancies were still born so we had to have her neutered. I felt so bad.
    I think this is one of the most depressing threads on TSR :/

ReputationRep:
    It's not that bad compared to some of the things here but I did manage to get my dog stuck under a coffee table (he was quite big).

I was sat in my living room eating biscuits and he was staring at me so I decided to teach him a lesson, I broke of bits of my biscuits and put them just far enough ahead of him that he had to crawl forward a little to get it, I kept doing this until he was right under the coffee table. He tried to get up and realised he couldn't so let out a long drawn out sigh and fell asleep.

Oh and I also got him to do a backflip of a chair once.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't let him lick the lid of my yogurt.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.