Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do you pay for your gym and how far do you travel to get there? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Kant Spall)
    20 € a month, 5 minutes by bike. In the USA I also paid $20 a month but it took practically half an hour on foot.

Do British universities seriously not offer a gym to their students? I know I know different institutions entirely compared to their American counterparts that place such a heavy emphasis on sports, but I thought at least some unis had a gym.
    Every Uni I know has a gym, where are you getting the idea from that they don't lol?

ReputationRep:
    The Gym I went to in Swansea was £10.99 a month and was open 24 hours! 5min walk into city centre

ReputationRep:
    Relatively expensive compared to others here...

£50 a month and it takes about 15 mins to walk there.

ReputationRep:
    £5.80 a go, about a five minute drive/20 minute walk.

ReputationRep:
    £58 a month and it takes 5 - 10 mins to drive there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    £20 a month, 30second walk.

ReputationRep:
    10 pounds per month and it is only 5 minutes walk away

ReputationRep:
    £2.95 Per Session, 30 Seconds - 1 Minute walk

ReputationRep:
    £20 a month, 3-5 min walk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Relatively expensive compared to others here...

£50 a month and it takes about 15 mins to walk there.

(Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    £5.80 a go, about a five minute drive/20 minute walk.
    Thats expensive, are your gyms one of those with pools, saunas etc by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    45/month. Takes about 20 minutes to get there from home/40 minutes from work.

ReputationRep:
    £176 for 13 months and takes me about 20 minutes to jog there or 5 minutes by car!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    Thats expensive, are your gyms one of those with pools, saunas etc by any chance?
    Yes, the gym's got those. Also has quite a few outdoor facilities too. But for £50 a month the gym isn't all that great compared to the cheaper ones I've seen (which are much further away).

ReputationRep:
    Yep.

A monthly membership is £36 but I only tend to go once a week anyway so may as well just pay per visit.

ReputationRep:
    £0, one-hour bike ride there and back.

See what I did there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken Hulk)
    Just curious to see the price of memberships that TSR members are paying and also how far is your gym from you, how long does it take to get there?

Also if you dont go to the gym to exercise what other activities do you do?

For me, i left a £18.99 a month gym which took 30 minutes to get there. I left it because it was ALWAYS packed and i just couldnt get a decent workout. Currently looking for a new gym.
    My gym at university works out at about £30 a month although. Which is quite a lot, but let's put it this way, would much rather sacrificce a night out to save the £30 needed. Gotta get your priorities right.

If your gym is too packed, which mine is at around 5-8pm, you gotta be getting in there EARLY doors. Usually get up at around 6.30am in the morning, at the gym by 7am and smash it in before a day of work. Gotta love the aesthetic lifestyle!

ReputationRep:
    £36 a month and a 15 minute drive to get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaa.xo)
    Every Uni I know has a gym, where are you getting the idea from that they don't lol?
    But you still have to pay a gym membership.

In the US uni gyms are much bigger and free for students.

ReputationRep:
    £90 per year. About 10 minutes bus journey.

ReputationRep:
    I've been a member of two gyms that had a pool and a sauna ect, one in my home town then one at uni. one was £19 a month and one is £21 a month. That is not an explanation for the prices they quoted :confused:

those were off peak memberships but the peak memberships for both were about £30-£35 so even still..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.