Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chelsea F.C vs Manchester City F.C, FA Cup Semi-Final Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    For Ramires or Obi?
    Mikel. Mikel hasn't been breaking down play well this half anyway. But it's a substitution we should do in the 60th min.

If we have lampard and mikel on the pitch the play will just be slower and city will get their men back. We need to hit them on counters from what it seems. Or we can go to a 4-3-3 and play with mikel, lamps and ramires to stop toure's runs forward and have oscar subbed off as he's done nothing this half.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    City are just playing dirty in my opinion, I've never liked the way they play. Toure can dominate the midfield, and every time their strikers get on the ball they look dangerous. I've never understood why they keep playing Milner, every time I see him he gives the ball away or does a useless run/cross. He's absolutely terrible. Chelsea need to pull something out of the bag, get some momentum going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Poor half, no excuse of midweek games as we rested pretty much all of the key players. Damn we need someone who can control a game from deep badly. Lampard should come on some time in the next half for mikel.
    not poor by chelsea, plenty of chances, no sloppy play, i see a few goals coming, great first half match, like a game of table football

ReputationRep:
    Bring the masked one on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Bring the masked one on.
    I have to agree, Ba hasn't got into the game at all. Torres and Lampard to come on.

ReputationRep:
    City are controlling too well from the middle (Yaya) and up front (both Tevez and Aguero holding the ball up well) whereas Chelsea have failed to do that (Mikel and Ramieres) and up front (Ba).

Otherwise it's been pretty even imo.

Torres might hold the ball up better up front than Ba and help bring in the trio behind him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    City are just playing dirty in my opinion, I've never liked the way they play. Toure can dominate the midfield, and every time their strikers get on the ball they look dangerous. I've never understood why they keep playing Milner, every time I see him he gives the ball away or does a useless run/cross. He's absolutely terrible. Chelsea need to pull something out of the bag, get some momentum going.
    Milner is a good player. Covers the ground really well. Good defensively and good attacking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    Completely agree with everything there, spot on.

Oscar, Mata, Hazard need to step their game up in the 2nd ½.

Also hate to say it but think Phantom of the Opera should come on for Ba.

ReputationRep:
    Also the goal was partially luiz's fault, should have sensed the pass and should have left tevez to ivanovic. We've been poor. CB's and DM's have been absolutely terrible.

(Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Milner is a good player. Covers the ground really well. Good defensively and good attacking

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, just no. He has energy, can tackle and that's it. Can't attack for ****.

ReputationRep:
    Drogba to come on and score for Chelsea.

...Oh wait.

They'll still turn it on in the second half though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I have to agree, Ba hasn't got into the game at all. Torres and Lampard to come on.
    Ba hasn't got into the game. But he's hardly had the ball in good positions. If our midfield actually worked better we'd have
    him getting more of the ball and can see his actual play. Lampard to come on definitely though and torres later.
    (Original post by Dukeofwembley)
    not poor by chelsea, plenty of chances, no sloppy play, i see a few goals coming, great first half match, like a game of table football
    That's bull****. Poor half by chelsea, city have barely been troubled. Dominated possession and created way more clear cut chances. Pantilmon has just made it look like we've had a chance but city have looked more troubled.

ReputationRep:
    ****. Again.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Whatever happens in this match i'm hoping for wigan to win it all
    No chance. They may as well engrave whoever wins today's game onto the trophy tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Well lets focus on top four now.

ReputationRep:
    **** off.

ReputationRep:
    0-2 Aguero

ReputationRep:
    It was a well placed header but why does Cech not try and go for it.

ReputationRep:
    We need terry to be playing personally. Would sort us out defensively in these occasions never seen us this poor in a match.

ReputationRep:
    wrong pass from Toure

ReputationRep:
    Oscar's gotta come off. Lad's just not on his game today.
    Moses on for Oscar
    Lamps on for Mikel

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.