Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a large income and a good amount of savings, what causes could I donate too? watch

ReputationRep:
    Is this thread basically another way to boast? There seem to be quite a few threads that begin something like "I'm not doing this to boast, but I earn 10 grand a month, what should I do with it?", etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    It just is :rofl: from seeing your previous posts about your driving i think i can...
    I've been driving since the age of 14 and so far I have had only 1 accident and 1 speeding ticket. How is that so bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Is this thread basically another way to boast? There seem to be quite a few threads that begin something like "I'm not doing this to boast, but I earn 10 grand a month, what should I do with it?", etc...
    No I assure you I'm serious. No intention of boasting or anything, why would I:confused:?

ReputationRep:
    OP, you are a ***** :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered offering a bursary to a university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsCourtney)
    I've been driving since the age of 14 and so far I have had only 1 accident and 1 speeding ticket. How is that so bad?
    How have you been driving since the age of 14 you have to be 17 to legally learn to drive in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxchloexo)
    How have you been driving since the age of 14 you have to be 17 to legally learn to drive in the UK?
    In Canada (Not sure about all the provinces), you can drive supervised at 14 and have a full license (with a lower limit on points) and drive alone at 16.

I live both in Canada and the UK. The UK's driving age is way to high IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Speeding is a very common thing and not everyone notices their speed increasing sometimes and they could do it unknowingly.
    "Could do it unknowingly" Are you mad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CRIKEY12)
    Have you considered offering a bursary to a university?
    I'm not extremely rich or anything! Just would like to donate what I can afford too.

ReputationRep:
    In Canada (Not sure about all the provinces), you can drive supervised at 14 and have a full license (with a lower limit on points) and drive alone at 16.

I live both in Canada and the UK. The UK's driving age is way to high IMO.
    I disagree I think the driving age in UK is about right there are enough people on the raod as it is and the majority of crashes involve 17-21 year olds so lowering the age to would only make this problem worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxchloexo)
    I disagree I think the driving age in UK is about right there are enough people on the raod as it is and the majority of crashes involve 17-21 year olds so lowering the age to would only make this problem worse.
    Most people are mentally developed by 16 and can drive. Lets say the theory that young drivers are worse stands, that means in the US and Canada bad driving will happen between 16-20 and in the uk between 17-21. Assuming that it takes 3 years of experience to drive properly.

Mind you in Canada weather conditions are much harsher and you need to drive a lot in snow and manage to brake on ice (with a car without ABS).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Personally, the charities I support are the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and the Teenage Cancer Trust. Both for reasons very close to my heart. I used to have a monthly direct debit to CFT but just can't afford to do that anymore, so instead I try to organise fundraisers and give money myself to sponsor the people I get involved, and the occasional personal donation if I have a good payday. It actually raises more than I could ever donate, so it's for the best really! I would do pretty much anything to find a cure for CF and for cancer, so to be honest any money to either of those would get instant approval from me.
    Respect

You Should Be Proud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha Realest)
    Respect

You Should Be Proud
    I appreciate the sentiment, but I honestly believe that I'm only doing what anyone else touched so closely by the diseases would have done. It might be selfish to think this way, but being able to feel as though I'm making a difference helps me to grieve for those I've lost/am losing.

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate the sentiment, but I honestly believe that I'm only doing what anyone else touched so closely by the diseases would have done. It might be selfish to think this way, but being able to feel as though I'm making a difference helps me to grieve for those I've lost/am losing.
    True Say ! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Save the Calum fund, helping calums in trouble the world over since just this minute.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, the charities I support are the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and the Teenage Cancer Trust. Both for reasons very close to my heart. I used to have a monthly direct debit to CFT but just can't afford to do that anymore, so instead I try to organise fundraisers and give money myself to sponsor the people I get involved, and the occasional personal donation if I have a good payday. It actually raises more than I could ever donate, so it's for the best really! I would do pretty much anything to find a cure for CF and for cancer, so to be honest any money to either of those would get instant approval from me.
    As someone with CF, I appreciate this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    As someone with CF, I appreciate this
    I remember talking to you when I did my sponsored slim . Can't believe that was 2 years ago though.. wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evie Ninnenbaum)
    Israeli Defense Force
    https://www.fidf.org/Page.aspx?pid=300
    yes sponsor a terrorist organisation, smooth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    pfft ten grand is what we use to light our cigars with

ReputationRep:
    I remember talking to you when I did my sponsored slim . Can't believe that was 2 years ago though.. wow!
    Oh, that was you! I wasn't sure Bloody hell, 2 years ... time flies by on tsr

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.