The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TreeOfKnowledge
Then why don't you go walking around naked in public if they're just 'flaps made of fat'?

Ok, so I said basically that it's not a big deal for the OP to show her a breasts at the beach.
You said, then why don't you go around naked in public.

Well, I think there's a difference between showing your breasts on the beach and walking around naked in public. Society in general doesn't accept people male or female walking around naked in general, it's not seen as appropriate. You don't just randomly strip off for no reason in public, because people wear clothes. (not going to debate the whole full nudity in public thing)

However, with regards to the whole breast thing, in this context, some people find it offensive for women to show their breasts at a beach, because they see it in the same way they see the penis and vagina (sex organs), which I think is a bit much, which, is why I made the flaps of fat comment, to trivialise how people view breasts. People oversexualise parts of the body that really don't need to be. And as a society things that are seen as sexual can/are (be) seen as bad. I mean wasn't there a time where women couldn't have their hemlines above the ankle because it was seen as indecent? And aren't some women still frowned upon for breast feeding in public? Don't some women cover their hair too? It's a bit silly,no?

What are your thoughts? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by tu_es_jolie_x
Because that's called incident exposure and you'll get arrested ...

I would sunbathe topless and I wouldn't actually care if it pissed my boyfriend off or not, they're my boobs not his.

Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable with loads of men - young and old, staring at your chest?
Reply 42

I would sunbathe topless and I wouldn't actually care if it pissed my boyfriend off or not, they're my boobs not his.

I don't understand this attitude at all. Why is it okay, or even praiseworthy, for you to disregard your own partner's opinions on your choices simply because they involve your body and you should ultimately make the call?

What if your boyfriend said, "I would walk around in a mankini all day and I wouldn't actually care if it pissed my girlfriend off or not, it's my body not hers."

Surely relationships are about mutual respect, not disregarding your partner because "my body my rules". You can apply "my body my rules" to cheating on someone too, no? I know it's a leap, but it has many aspects in common (choice based on a desire to prove your autonomy over your own body, which as a consequence causes your partner to have a negative emotional reaction). If it hurts your boyfriend, why are you completely unwilling to make a simple compromise? Is proving that you don't take "orders" from men really that important?
Reply 43
Would be fine if it was face down. Otherwise I wouldn't like it. For my eyes only you know?
Original post by Elm Tree
Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable with loads of men - young and old, staring at your chest?

Not really. I fairly liberal when it comes to things like nakedness. Boobs are just to me are just two lumps of flesh, they're nothing special. Plus if I was on a beach then I would probably be an a bikini so it's not like I would be fully covered up anyway.

Original post by Redolent
I don't understand this attitude at all. Why is it okay, or even praiseworthy, for you to disregard your own partner's opinions on your choices simply because they involve your body and you should ultimately make the call?

What if your boyfriend said, "I would walk around in a mankini all day and I wouldn't actually care if it pissed my girlfriend off or not, it's my body not hers."

Surely relationships are about mutual respect, not disregarding your partner because "my body my rules". You can apply "my body my rules" to cheating on someone too, no? I know it's a leap, but it has many aspects in common (choice based on a desire to prove your autonomy over your own body, which as a consequence causes your partner to have a negative emotional reaction). If it hurts your boyfriend, why are you completely unwilling to make a simple compromise? Is proving that you don't take "orders" from men really that important?

1) If I was to sunbathe topless it would be on my deck chair/ towel, I wouldn't be running round the beach half naked. If i was strolling around talking to loads of men and waving them in their face then I could get why that would be annoying
2) I don't think my boyfriend would care, people act like boobs are something highly sexual when to me they aren't, It's not like I'm running about with my Garfield out.
3) If my boyfriend wanted to wear a mankini I wouldn't care, its his body and he is free to show it off how he pleases. My boyfriend actually wore a mankini to a fancy dress party once and I just thought it was funny if anything.
4) So I don't sunbathe topless because my partner doesn't like it how far am I going to take it, he thinks my bikini is too revealing so I wear a one piece, He still thinks that's too much flesh so I have to wear a kaftan. How far does it have to go before people would say he was being controlling?
5) I think that leap is too big a leap to be that justified, cheating on someone is way more complex than that.
Reply 45

1) If I was to sunbathe topless it would be on my deck chair/ towel, I wouldn't be running round the beach half naked. If i was strolling around talking to loads of men and waving them in their face then I could get why that would be annoying
2) I don't think my boyfriend would care, people act like boobs are something highly sexual when to me they aren't, It's not like I'm running about with my Garfield out.
3) If my boyfriend wanted to wear a mankini I wouldn't care, its his body and he is free to show it off how he pleases. My boyfriend actually wore a mankini to a fancy dress party once and I just thought it was funny if anything.
4) So I don't sunbathe topless because my partner doesn't like it how far am I going to take it, he thinks my bikini is too revealing so I wear a one piece, He still thinks that's too much flesh so I have to wear a kaftan. How far does it have to go before people would say he was being controlling?
5) I think that leap is too big a leap to be that justified, cheating on someone is way more complex than that.

1) Fair enough.

2) But to a lot of guys, boobs are something fairly sexual. If you walk around with your boobs out they are going to notice, they might even fantasise about it. Personally I wouldn't blame someone for not wanting their girlfriend to be looked at in such a way. Rather than an attempt to control a woman (it certainly can be), I would say it is often an attempt to prevent the woman from being looked at disrespectfully by other men.

3) Fair enough, but would it make you uncomfortable if he started receiving women's sexual attention for it?

4) I think in a healthy relationship you can decide that level between you, and if his best compromise is something you consider unreasonable, then you wouldn't really be compatible. What I do find strange is this absolute "no compromise" stance that a lot of women are starting to take when it comes to clothing choices ("I wouldn't care if it pissed my boyfriend off"). I wouldn't feel affronted if my female partner openly preferred one clothing choice on me to another, for whatever reason. I'd at least consider her preferences.

5) Yes it is a big leap, and a little paranoid of me, but I've seen some places where this "my body my rules" attitude has started to bleed out into a "you don't have to give your body to just one man" attitude. Of course in an explicitly monogomous relationship it's just basic human decency not to cheat, but it does alarm me when I see people who consider rejecting exclusivity (sometimes while in an ostensibly exclusive relationship) to be this weird form of empowerment. It's not really that relevant/important/common though so feel free to disregard.
(edited 11 years ago)
My girlfriend is such a slut, she goes topless everywhere. Unless it's really cold, then I put a glove on her.
Reply 47
Original post by RabbitCFH
My girlfriend is such a slut, she goes topless everywhere. Unless it's really cold, then I put a glove on her.

:rofl:
Reply 48
Original post by Zenomorph
I think it's total BS - why would a gf want to go topless with her bf around ?

It's just to get attention and to play mind (power) games with her bf.

Why the need for more male attention when she supposedly already has a male. Either she has no respect for her bf or it is some sort of bait to dick tease innocent bystanders.

No I have no respect for it - I just ignore them and think about it less than the two dungs I made this morning.

That's definitely not the reason I was considering this! Personally I'd be very shy to go topless and not entirely sure that I would - partly because of the reasons I brought up; wondering what others' views are and how my boyfriend would feel. My reasons wouldn't be to get other male attention or to play a power game with my man. I'd only do it (if I was confident enough) to get an even tan. Maybe it sounded like my reasons were about what or how my boyfriend and other males would think or feel, but they were considerations, not reasons!!

And to those who said 'just ask your boyfriend what he thinks' - I will do/would do, if I decided I definitely wanted to go topless, I was just wanting other opinions beforehand. Think anyway I would chicken out (unless I was on my front, as some said, which I think would be fine :smile: )
I wouldnt go topless sunbathing just for the simple fact that If i was on the beach I wouldnt like seeing girls with their tits hanging out and I wouldnt do the same. I dont think its very appropriate on a beach to be exposed like that in general just wear a smaller bikini if you want your boobs to tan.

And I dont think it would make any difference my boyfriend has seen my boobs so whether this is on a beach or at home he wouldnt care there not suddanly going to get sexier and more attractive if i get them out on a beach.

maybe its just me but i feel sexier in a bikini that holds me in and gives my bust the shape i want not with my boobs flying all over the place
Reply 50
Stay classy TSR.
I never sunbathe topless anyway but if I had to, I don't think it's much of a good idea to do it in front of my bf, just avoiding the awkwardness in the air at that time...... And besides I don't like bearing my bare breasts in front of strangers and possibly little kids!!!!
Reply 52
I have never seen bare breasts on a British beach - I thought that was a Mediterranean phenomenon.

I've not had a girlfriend so don't know what I'd think about other people looking at her, but I doubt I'd be particularly pleased.
Reply 53
I don't mind at all, with my boyfriend to the alone, it's a common things being a toples on beach, my boyfriend like it when I toples on beach, he put sunloation on me too and we walk around the beach too.
No i don't cause yes I feel insecure and secondly I heard it is detrimental
Reply 55
By all means everyone should be Naked!!
Perfectly OK but a bit too cold for sunbathing in the UK today.
Reply 57
I go topless sunbathing with my boyfriend, for me it's normal, l love it, enjoy it, my boobs not too big nor too small right sized right shaped And he love nipples, he rubs sunloation on my breasts.
Well I suppose if we revert to the 1950s by leaving the EU it will be banned at some point.
The amount of cuckery in TSR genuinely sickens me. Please grow a pair guys and stop letting people look at your girlfriend's breasts.

Latest

Trending

Trending