Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stupidest thing you have done Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not revise for my GCSEs :/

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anything epically stupid, my life is just made up of lots of really stupid, but mundane things

Maybe getting into a drinking competition with a Welsh guy twice my size, 2 years my senior and a veteran of a Uni rugby team when I was already pretty half-cut. And every action after it that night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    I can't think of anything epically stupid, my life is just made up of lots of really stupid, but mundane things

Maybe getting into a drinking competition with a Welsh guy twice my size, 2 years my senior and a veteran of a Uni rugby team when I was already pretty half-cut. And every action after it that night.
    Yep, that was seriously dumb.

What happened after?

ReputationRep:
    Asking for phone numbers in my retail job during Christmas. Plus just made a thread with a title called How to become a great BBC? not bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Yep, that was seriously dumb.

What happened after?

Well, it started out ok. The first part of the competition was just how fast you could down a pint, and I'm pretty quick.I won that bit, and after 3 attempts each it escalated to how many pints can you drink :facepalm:

Umm, I don't remember any of it, however, I have been regailed with the tale, and I shall tell it

About 5 pints into the competition both sets of friends intervened, the rugby player's because he was going through his money too fast, mine because they were worried. I got rather messy in the pub, struggling to walk as the 5 pints over 30-40 minutes began to really hit me. I declared to my friends and some passers-by that perhaps going home was the best course of action and the only thing stopping me was the fear that I'd have to crawl to the taxi.

Two of by mates helped me to a taxi and one came home with me. I had a deep conversation with him which involved me lamenting the lack of girls I'd been having sex with, and then proceeded to talk about every female we knew, give them ratings and come to the conclusion that I would have sex with all of them at a moments notice. It was all pretty pitiful I'm told.

Once back at the Hall I had to be supported up the stairs and I was dropped in bed. This was about 1am, a fire alarm went off about 2.30 and I went out in a pair of boxers and my duvet, only 4 or 5 people went out for it, I stood out. I also forgot my keys, I knocked on the flat door for about 5 minutes and then collapsed against it curled up in my duvet and was only rescued when someone had to use the toilet, saw me and let me in. I then proceeded to cook a pizza in my boxers and eat it. Around 3.30am some people returned to find me in the kitchen with said pizza which I refused to share, rather vehemently.

We went outside for a smoke, I went in just my dressing gown, when asked why I apparantly replied because it 'makes me feel like a sir', something which none of them understood. Whilst outside we found a traffic cone, naturally, it became out property. Back in the kitchen I spent 10 minutes drawing a face on it (seeing it the next morning it looked like the drawing of a 5 year old on crack.) We later went for another smoke, about 4.45-5.00am, I took the cone with us as I didn't want him to be lonely. And my first memory of that night/morning is being slumped against a wall in only my dressing gown, my arm around a traffic cone with a face and smoking a joint.

I miss that cone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Well, it started out ok. The first part of the competition was just how fast you could down a pint, and I'm pretty quick.I won that bit, and after 3 attempts each it escalated to how many pints can you drink :facepalm:

Umm, I don't remember any of it, however, I have been regailed with the tale, and I shall tell it

About 5 pints into the competition both sets of friends intervened, the rugby player's because he was going through his money too fast, mine because they were worried. I got rather messy in the pub, struggling to walk as the 5 pints over 30-40 minutes began to really hit me. I declared to my friends and some passers-by that perhaps going home was the best course of action and the only thing stopping me was the fear that I'd have to crawl to the taxi.

Two of by mates helped me to a taxi and one came home with me. I had a deep conversation with him which involved me lamenting the lack of girls I'd been having sex with, and then proceeded to talk about every female we knew, give them ratings and come to the conclusion that I would have sex with all of them at a moments notice. It was all pretty pitiful I'm told.

Once back at the Hall I had to be supported up the stairs and I was dropped in bed. This was about 1am, a fire alarm went off about 2.30 and I went out in a pair of boxers and my duvet, only 4 or 5 people went out for it, I stood out. I also forgot my keys, I knocked on the flat door for about 5 minutes and then collapsed against it curled up in my duvet and was only rescued when someone had to use the toilet, saw me and let me in. I then proceeded to cook a pizza in my boxers and eat it. Around 3.30am some people returned to find me in the kitchen with said pizza which I refused to share, rather vehemently.

We went outside for a smoke, I went in just my dressing gown, when asked why I apparantly replied because it 'makes me feel like a sir', something which none of them understood. Whilst outside we found a traffic cone, naturally, it became out property. Back in the kitchen I spent 10 minutes drawing a face on it (seeing it the next morning it looked like the drawing of a 5 year old on crack.) We later went for another smoke, about 4.45-5.00am, I took the cone with us as I didn't want him to be lonely. And my first memory of that night/morning is being slumped against a wall in only my dressing gown, my arm around a traffic cone with a face and smoking a joint.

I miss that cone
    :rofl:

I take off my hat to you good sir, that was pretty epic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    What happened?
    I slept on a very uncomfortable tiny top bunk bed for the journey there, attempted to have a couple of drinks but my stomach couldn't hack the swaying, then walked up and down the main street in Cork going into each shop about three times because I was afraid of getting lost and missing the ferry back, then I got back on the ferry for the night and got back home to Swansea at 8am next morn I was attempting to teach my boyfriend to be adventurous. It didn't work.

All very random but you gotta have some random memories right? It may have been an unorganised waste of money but at least I can remember it vividly and probably will for a long time, as the rest of my life is dull as ****.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I fell right out of my skis in a ski lesson once. now I'm well aware that that's not too bad but there are a few factors to consider here:

1) I was standing still

2) I was on the flat

3) I was teaching the lesson

I was demonstrating how your bindings will keep you in your skis and you wont fall my bindings were only done up to about 4.0 and i fell right on my face in front of my 12 students 2 other lessons 2 instructors 1 shadower and many other customers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forgetme)
    teasing a rooster who then chased me around the barn and i was screaming like a girl :mmm: but hey i was then young and curious how roosters react to red colour :mmm:
    I HATE red!

ReputationRep:
    My friend and I thought it was a perfectly sensible conclusion that no, the Ugandan immigration officials won't mind if we don't extend our visas to cover the entire length of our stay.

Long story short, I may or may not have bribed government officials into back dating and stamping new visas into my passport...at a tenth of the price of an actual visa.

ReputationRep:
    Nearly burnt the house down by seeing how far i could put a cuddly-toy near a candle without it setting alight when i was a kid, needless to say it set alight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    I HATE red!
    Turkeys hate red too :teehee: I couldn't enter friend's house because of a turkey trying to attack me because I was wearing a red jacket :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Hired a motorbike on an Island in Thailand, never having driven one before, and then driving it later that night whilst drunk. I didn't, but probably deserved to crash and reduce the number of society's surplus idiots... :P

Don't judge me, I was young back then (a month ago)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mockery)
    Started a thread but gave absolutely no personal contribution into the topic and then still expected it to lift off.
    LOL !

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Teasing a rooster who then chased me around the barn and I was screaming like a girl :mmm: But hey I was then young and curious how roosters react to red colour :mmm:
    never knew rooster would do that :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammi_K?)
    **** ! I just had a close call today with this and I didn't even realize it until I read this. Today I made toast with bread bun [didn't have bread slice, so I toasted the bun slice], and it was a hassle taking the bun slice out of the toaster. If I didn't get out the bread in the next 20 seconds I would have used a fork/knife to take it out, and ultimately become toasted myself , because I had forgotten the toaster was plugged in.
    I thoroughly recommend that you don't do it. It does sting a bit.

Not my finest moment!

ReputationRep:
    Procrastinate
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I've done plenty of stupid things in my life.... too many, too many One I remember right now though (and this isn't even very stupid) was being around seven and deciding to try juggling in my room. To cut a long story short... I couldn't juggle and ended up with broken ornaments all over the floor. My family was so angry!

ReputationRep:
    defiantly something drink related.. like sick in my own bed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.