Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    45 will be 100UMS I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    45 will be 100UMS I think
    Really? I think too many people are getting 40+ in these Isas so I think 47+ will be 100 with 45 being 95/96 ums. But if schools are being generous with their marking and marks are lowered 45 will probably be 100.

ReputationRep:
    47 is waaaay too high. I guess we'll see in 2 days

I got 39/50 ( I did it last year and they wouldn't let me retake because I was on an exchange ) how much UMS would you say that is.

I got 97ums in B1, 81ums in B2, so how much would I need for an a* in biology or is it impossible?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    47 is waaaay too high. I guess we'll see in 2 days
    What do you think the B1 grade boundaries are? I would say 43/60 is an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)
    I got 39/50 ( I did it last year and they wouldn't let me retake because I was on an exchange ) how much UMS would you say that is.

I got 97ums in B1, 81ums in B2, so how much would I need for an a* in biology or is it impossible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow you did very well in B1! I think 39 is around 84/85 but I'm expecting high grade boundaries for it. I hope I'm wrong though! So 97+81+85=263
    360-263=97 in B3, but if your ISA score is around 87/88 you might need around 94 instead of 97 in B3.
    its definitely not impossible!

Thanks so much I thought 39 is worth 78 UMS though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)
    Thanks so much I thought 39 is worth 78 UMS though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What?! Oh that's the highest possible grade boundaries...I think. So 40 for an A 45 for an A* etc... I doubt it will be that high though. It's like with the specimen papers. My school thought 54/60 was an A* and 48/60 was an A, and so on... But the grade boundaries for the actual exams were a lot lower. They use this high grade boundary for reassurment and to reduce chance of disappointment.

(Original post by a123a)
    What?! Oh that's the highest possible grade boundaries...I think. So 40 for an A 45 for an A* etc... I doubt it will be that high though. It's like with the specimen papers. My school thought 54/60 was an A* and 48/60 was an A, and so on... But the grade boundaries for the actual exams were a lot lower. They use this high grade boundary for reassurment and to reduce chance of disappointment.
    Oh thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    39/50 is not 78 ums :/// its 86UMS

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said the grade boundaries are probs gonna be me 44 for an a*, 39 for an a, 35 for a b, 30 for a C and 25 for a D

ReputationRep:
    hi guys i am doing my isa soon as well in 2 weeks please help its core aqa, its to do with vitamin c please help me guys

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.