Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Depends... Generally once a day/every other day depends on if I can be bothered. However I know I always smell nice but I have a friend who seems to shower once a week because he doesn't smell Monday to Wednesday but Thursday and Friday he reeks. Don't know how to bring it up but it's really annoying :mad:

ReputationRep:
    3 times a week, after my 3 workout sessions. Otherwise I don't smell or anything

ReputationRep:
    I end up sweating a lot, if i dont shower i feel dirty and end up sweating even more. If im on a holiday and dont have to go anywhere then i wouldnt shower everyday but when it comes to going to uni or work then yes i will shower in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer having baths so I have a bath once a week and every other day a shower. If I've been to the gym then I'll shower that day too.
    The days I don't shower I wash my face, exfoliate and use moisturiser, I still feel very fresh faced.

ReputationRep:
    I shower every evening (washing my hair every other evening - if I washed it more than that, I dread to think how dry it would be!) . I don't really need to, because I'm lazy so never do any exercise, but I guess it's just become routine now so I feel a bit disgusting if I break it. Also, it gives me quarter of an hour to think and relax before bed.
    I've absolutely no problem with anyone who doesn't shower once a day. It's just a stupid expectation in our culture that we need to - I think we're all germophobes.

ReputationRep:
    Every day. Singing + shower + Magic 10 at 10 = bliss.

ReputationRep:
    Fun fact: washing your hair daily can cause damage.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how people don't shower in the morning. It just wakes me up and feels nice after a night in bed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I shower every day in the morning. Nothing pisses me off more than greasy, stubborn and unmanageable hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I had a shower I would at least shower every two days.

But we only have a bath, and I would really love to have a shower!!!

ReputationRep:
    Every other day for me. My hair is really thick and takes ages to do and I cba drying it and straightening it every day!

ReputationRep:
    I shower usually Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday if I am going out...last week I virtually didn't shower for a week. My housemates are disgusted by this. Clean freaks do my head in.

I am well above average in being disgusting....I think I am like it because I am fairly good looking so females just accept it.

ReputationRep:
    Probably worst with me because I do a lot of exercise as well. I actually think I am the most disgusting person I know....at festivals I eat food off the floor and if someone has binned perfectly good food I pick it out and eat it.

I am a survivor.

ReputationRep:
    Every three days. I spend the money I save on water on deodorant and aftershaves

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    What is this 'full shower' that so many people are mentioning? I don't think I've ever had a 'half shower'... I shower every day, and on the days I don't I tend to have a bath in the evening instead.

ReputationRep:
    5 or 6 times a week.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. I always shower before going outside, even if just to the shops (so that means that when anyone sees me, I've probably showered less than an hour ago). However, if I'm not going anywhere, I shower every couple of days. It really doesn't bother me, but no way would I want to go out in public like that.

ReputationRep:
    it might just be me but i didn't think that showering was synonymous with washing your hair, i shower every day but i could never be bothered to straighten my hair everyday! that would be crazy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you know you need a shower wen you wake up feeling dirty and get a whiff of the stench from your balls after taking a pee..

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe the amount of people on here who don't shower/bath once a day? I thought showering daily was standard hygiene practice? :lolwut:

I shower once a day, usually evening, to wash the day off. Can't get into bed without doing it because I'd feel gross. I don't even sweat that much, but I like being clean. Wash my hair every 2/3 days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.