Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age do women start to lose their attractiveness? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    No men generally don't age as bad as women. Besides the thing men have on their side is that looks is certainly no the make or break factor in most cases. It's pretty accurate if you look around. Men also peak at a much later age than women.
    It's partly correct. Men don't age slower, less or better than women. They age at the same rate and they become less physically attractive. The difference is, like you say, that men benefit from the fact that women are less visual than men. Women don't look at a man and think that he is attractive in spite of his looks, his personality makes him more physically attractive, to the extent that she cannot really tell the phenomenons apart (the same thing happens when men see a beautiful woman - they can be "fooled" into thinking she has a great personality, they don't feel like they're compromising).
    Men generally gain more of the attributes women are looking for as they age - confidence, worldliness, success, wealth, intelligence and manners. That can make him significantly more attractive. His peak is therefore somewhere after the point where he's started gaining these attributes but before he's started gaining weight or losing his hair. For a lot of men, this can be around mid-thirties.
    But it's very difficult to generalize in men's situations, because it is absolutely individual.
    Men aren't luckier than women when it comes to aging, but they have the potential to be luckier. Of course an older man's SMV (sexual market value) depends on him developing the factors which attracts women. If he hasn't become more confident, well traveled, wealthy and successful, he's not in a good place. I suppose what the other girl was referring to is the delusion when some people have the tendency of mentioning 50+ men such as George Clooney. Clooney has perhaps the highest SMV in the world and there can only be so many millionaires, so it is not really relevant to the overall dating market.

But yeah, seeing as few men have reached their potential in their twenties, there is a reason why there is usually an age gap between men and women in relationships.

ReputationRep:
    No men generally don't age as bad as women. Besides the thing men have on their side is that looks is certainly no the make or break factor in most cases. It's pretty accurate if you look around. Men also peak at a much later age than women.
    You would say that though as you are male so it makes you feel better than thinking vica versa. However are you sure you are not mistaking actual age with presentation? I think that it appears that women lose more attractiveness than men because more young women/girls tend to fuss over their appearance more than older woman. So you see all these pretty young fashionable long haired girls who get older and dress plainly/cut their hair short. Men dont rely as much on presentation so there doesnt appear to be as much difference as they age.

When I look around I do see a load of fat middle aged women (and men) but I dont think the average woman looks any worse than the average man.

ReputationRep:
    It would be interesting to hear people's opinions on what age GUYS start loosing their attractiveness too

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because in most cases if a woman in as at 'advanced' age and she is struggling to find a partner despite drsperately wanting one then most likely reason is that she used to be a slut.

It is what it is unfortunately.
    I've actually found that never being a "slut" has hindered me from getting into a relationship if anything.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because in most cases if a woman in as at 'advanced' age and she is struggling to find a partner despite drsperately wanting one then most likely reason is that she used to be a slut.

It is what it is unfortunately.
    Im actually still a virgin though so total opposite lol
    For some reason sex and relationships have never been a priority for me, dont know why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    cause im getting old, still not found a man and am wondering if all the training and being toned will benefit me in terms of getting a man. Im heading for 30 though.
    30 is still young (and fertile!) so think you will be fine. A woman, rather than a girl, is appealing to many and there are many single men of this age.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me why Jennifer Lopez Never Ages ...

Just Wondering

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    There isn't an answer, OP. A lot of older women look amazing, a lot don't. Likewise with younger women. I'd guess 60+ though
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie228)
    It's partly correct. Men don't age slower, less or better than women. They age at the same rate and they become less physically attractive. The difference is, like you say, that men benefit from the fact that women are less visual than men. Women don't look at a man and think that he is attractive in spite of his looks, his personality makes him more physically attractive, to the extent that she cannot really tell the phenomenons apart (the same thing happens when men see a beautiful woman - they can be "fooled" into thinking she has a great personality, they don't feel like they're compromising).
    Men generally gain more of the attributes women are looking for as they age - confidence, worldliness, success, wealth, intelligence and manners. That can make him significantly more attractive. His peak is therefore somewhere after the point where he's started gaining these attributes but before he's started gaining weight or losing his hair. For a lot of men, this can be around mid-thirties.
    But it's very difficult to generalize in men's situations, because it is absolutely individual.
    Men aren't luckier than women when it comes to aging, but they have the potential to be luckier. Of course an older man's SMV (sexual market value) depends on him developing the factors which attracts women. If he hasn't become more confident, well traveled, wealthy and successful, he's not in a good place. I suppose what the other girl was referring to is the delusion when some people have the tendency of mentioning 50+ men such as George Clooney. Clooney has perhaps the highest SMV in the world and there can only be so many millionaires, so it is not really relevant to the overall dating market.

But yeah, seeing as few men have reached their potential in their twenties, there is a reason why there is usually an age gap between men and women in relationships.
    "Sexual market value" - Jesus christ, is that how people speak now.

Plus, George Clooney - the eternal bachelor(if he isn't at the moment, he will be soon, trust me), is starting to look a bit sad.

ReputationRep:
    Jennifer Lopez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanseansean)
    "Sexual market value" - Jesus christ, is that how people speak now.

Plus, George Clooney - the eternal bachelor(if he isn't at the moment, he will be soon, trust me), is starting to look a bit sad.
    It's just an objective term to describe how desirable a person is, all measurements taken into account. If you read blogs on these things, or statstics, it's what they use. On TSR, I've only seen the 1-10 scale, which is slightly limiting, as I assume it only refers to looks.

ReputationRep:
    Any woman over 28 is past their sell-by date, IMO.

Women who aren't married by the age of 28 are usually the ones whom TSR rate low on the 1-10 scale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    What about the years between 27 and 30?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ugly but sexy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Any woman over 28 is past their sell-by date, IMO.

Women who aren't married by the age of 28 are usually the ones whom TSR rate low on the 1-10 scale.
    Inclined to disagree - nowadays most women I know of my age (early 20s) don't want to get married until their early 30s, myself included (and I've been in a relationship for 4 years). I think the culture's changing nowadays, 28 is still quite "young" in most people's eyes.

ReputationRep:
    they keep it a sight longer than men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica_T)
    Inclined to disagree - nowadays most women I know of my age (early 20s) don't want to get married until their early 30s, myself included (and I've been in a relationship for 4 years). I think the culture's changing nowadays, 28 is still quite "young" in most people's eyes.
    This. Most women I know in their late 20s/early 30s are unmarried. Only two of my friends are married and one of them is older and didnt get married until she was 33. I think its more common for people to put marriage off these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    Guys .. what age are women when you think they lose their attractiveness to the point where you are not interested in seeing them in revealing clothes like shorts/strappy tops etc in summer etc? Assuming they keep themselves slim/toned.
    Some women are still attractive in their 50s.

ReputationRep:
    If you're in love with her? Never.

<3 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuentinMids)
    Some women are still attractive in their 50s.
    like who?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.