Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On what mushrooms this woman is :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    No, by doing sleep with whores is showing natural human nature instinct, like all other mammal in animal kingdom who is doing sex with more that one partner. Who is making rule that sex with more that one partner is not moral? is all arbitrary.

The man is actually showing more respect because he choosing to have family with wife, have children with wife, live with wife, raise family with wife, die old with wife, whereas whores are just sex. This desire for family is much more meaning that sex, and the man is showing the family is more important than sex because he is not having family with any one else (only sex)

The man is also not saying to woman she cannot sex other man whore, so this is mutual respect.

why is woman not having self respect for doing this? how is it no self respect? do please some explaining on this commenting?
    Many animals are monogamous.

Maybe there's too much of a culture difference for us to see eye to eye. From what you describe sex in Islam is nothing more than for having children and the physical pleasure of men. Their wives are just women to raise their children and keep their house, not people to have intimate relationships with.

Maybe they do have self respect but have no respect for sex.

Is the only point of Marrigje in Islam to raise children? Is it so unemotional everybody can have sex with anybody?

Does sex have no emotional attachments to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    On what mushrooms this woman is :teehee:
    She really is crazy! She either places no value in sex at all or is quite happy for her husband to disrespect her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chappers-94)
    This is one of the reasons why it should not be legalized! Polygamy is natural, yes but men committing rape is natural, women committing infanticide is natural, also genocide, torture and war all of those things are natural in chimpanzees and to an extent humans.

But society has been created to try and make those things a remnant of the past, let's pretend society didn't exist for a second lets go with "natural selection" and our instincts.

let's say I wanted sex with someone and they didn't, because of society and moral reengineering, society to an extent overrides biological nature, instead of me biting you in the neck and doing it anyway I don't because it's bad for you and i'm taught to consider others, natural selection don't do this, let's legalize rape then, it's natural is it not?

The same applies to polygamy, which is actually quite harmful to all women jealousy and resentment to eachother is common among polygamist families, and most men as they never have a partner. Monogamy creates equality among the sexes as its basically saying a man and a woman are both as good as one another, it's the same with homosexuality, which, yes is natural, but unlike polygamy and rape isn't oppressive, or harmful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are doing awful straw man.

no one is say that polygamy is good because is natural, the argument is being say that there is no rational reason to saying polygamy is wrong. there is no intrinsic truism reason to saying polygamy is irrational.

However all the silly example like rape and war you are doing are irrational. There are multiple endless reason to saying why rape and war is wrong.

the only reason you can saying polygamy is wrong is because jealousy and resentment?
    this is being called 'self-fulfilling prophecy'

How is polygamy actual being harmful?

And how is polygamy ruining equality? how is it any less saying 'man and woman are equal to one another' when polygamy is meaning both man and woman can having multiple mates? How is this any less equal than monogamy?

Is no understand, you're comment, to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thriftworks)
    But women get to choose aswell.
    Umm no, polyandry (many husbands) is not natural. Polygyny (many wives) is. They don't get to choose, the alpha male does that in nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Umm no, polyandry (many husbands) is not natural. Polygyny (many wives) is. They don't get to choose, the alpha male does that in nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it not natural, or is it a social construct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))

Maybe there's too much of a culture difference for us to see eye to eye. From what you describe sex in Islam is nothing more than for having children and the physical pleasure of men. Their wives are just women to raise their children and keep their house, not people to have intimate relationships with.

Is the only point of Marrigje in Islam to raise children? Is it so unemotional everybody can have sex with anybody?

Many animal is monogamous? human is mammal. Only 3% of mammal species is monogamous, this is many to you?

I am not talking about islam in this thread at all, i am talk about polygamy. polygamy is haraam in islam, (although polygyny is not, but there are rules.)

I do not know why you are doing comment about islam because this thread is not about islam, is about polygamy.

I am not understanding what you mean by 'respect for sex'. what is sex having respect? is sex a person? does sex having a mind to know you are doing respect to him? sex is activity, what exactly do you meaning to have respect for an activity, and where is morality involved in this?

Is it morally wrong to 'not have respect' for an activity?
    if so, how is this so?

i am thinking moral is only involving between people and animal and life, not activity.

Sex is only having emotional attachments when you doing with you're husband or wife. the emotional attachment is coming from the husband/wife part, not the sex part.

Sex with whore is not having emotional attachment at all.

Sex with spouse is of course having emotional attachment.

Polygamy is good in this because is doing stress on the fact that the emotional attachment is with the family and spouse, not the sex.

ReputationRep:
    She really is crazy! She either places no value in sex at all or is quite happy for her husband to disrespect her.
    why are you always do insult to me? i am doing enjoy of having engaging conversation but then you just doing hurtful insult to me? why are you doing is?

ReputationRep:
    You are doing awful straw man.

no one is say that polygamy is good because is natural, the argument is being say that there is no rational reason to saying polygamy is wrong. there is no intrinsic truism reason to saying polygamy is irrational.

However all the silly example like rape and war you are doing are irrational. There are multiple endless reason to saying why rape and war is wrong.

the only reason you can saying polygamy is wrong is because jealousy and resentment?
    this is being called 'self-fulfilling prophecy'

How is polygamy actual being harmful?

And how is polygamy ruining equality? how is it any less saying 'man and woman are equal to one another' when polygamy is meaning both man and woman can having multiple mates? How is this any less equal than monogamy?

Is no understand, you're comment, to me.
    Okay I'll show you stories of polygamy in countries and what the women think of it, it's a tool of status in many countries, where men basically flaunt having many women, it's alpha male mentality. Polygamy only appears in patriarchal (alpha male dominance) animals. Polymonogamy on the other hand, which is like having four husbands and four wives in one relationship isn't, one man having four women isn't out of love, it's about the guy's very selfish desire to dominate the genetic pool, and have status above other men, why should.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay I'll show you stories of polygamy in countries and what the women think of it, it's a tool of status in many countries, where men basically flaunt having many women, it's alpha male mentality. Polygamy only appears in patriarchal (alpha male dominance) animals. Polymonogamy on the other hand, which is like having four husbands and four wives in one relationship isn't, one man having four women isn't out of love, it's about the guy's very selfish desire to dominate the genetic pool, and have status above other men, why should.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am still doing wait for you to telling me a story? give an example? give sources and reference for you example? you have not giving any example.

also, i am doing talk about polygamy, not polygyny.

also: nobody is having sex with multiple whore because they wanting to spread they gene or 'dominate the gene pool'. man does not go into whore house thinking "ah, i'm going to dominate the gene pool now"

ReputationRep:
    Many animal is monogamous? human is mammal. Only 3% of mammal species is monogamous, this is many to you?

I am not talking about islam in this thread at all, i am talk about polygamy. polygamy is haraam in islam, (although polygyny is not, but there are rules.)

I do not know why you are doing comment about islam because this thread is not about islam, is about polygamy.

I am not understanding what you mean by 'respect for sex'. what is sex having respect? is sex a person? does sex having a mind to know you are doing respect to him? sex is activity, what exactly do you meaning to have respect for an activity, and where is morality involved in this?

Is it morally wrong to 'not have respect' for an activity?
    if so, how is this so?

i am thinking moral is only involving between people and animal and life, not activity.

Sex is only having emotional attachments when you doing with you're husband or wife. the emotional attachment is coming from the husband/wife part, not the sex part.

Sex with whore is not having emotional attachment at all.

Sex with spouse is of course having emotional attachment.

Polygamy is good in this because is doing stress on the fact that the emotional attachment is with the family and spouse, not the sex.

why are you always do insult to me? i am doing enjoy of having engaging conversation but then you just doing hurtful insult to me? why are you doing is?
    I'm insulting your views. Which are crazy.

By respect for sex I mean do you value it. Does it symbolise anything? Does it represent a couples love?

I don't think you have much experience with sex and love. Sex obviously means nothing to you if you can do it emotionlessly.

If you had your way it seems you have us having sex with everyone we can like animals. We are supposed to be the pinnacle or evolution and civilisation. Is forming an intimate bond less important to you than ****ing as many people as possible? Servicing only your base instincts of immediate pleasure make you sound so undeveloped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thriftworks)
    Is it not natural, or is it a social construct?
    Poly-andry don't appear in nature, polyandry is where one woman has four men. Poly-gyny appers in nature, where one man has four wives.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Poly-andry don't appear in nature, polyandry is where one woman has four men. Poly-gyny appers in nature, where one man has four wives.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see the point, I've not debated this topic before and I agree, changed my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I am still doing wait for you to telling me a story? give an example? give sources and reference for you example? you have not giving any example.

also, i am doing talk about polygamy, not polygyny.
    Only polygyny is natural.

About it being a tool of status? Only a fool wouldn't realize that is what it's for... As for miserable wives stories, here you go.
    http://www.cbn.com/entertainment/boo...reddreams.aspx

She was brainwashed, and she hated it.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm insulting your views. Which are crazy.

By respect for sex I mean do you value it. Does it symbolise anything? Does it represent a couples love?

I don't think you have much experience with sex and love. Sex obviously means nothing to you if you can do it emotionlessly.

If you had your way it seems you have us having sex with everyone we can like animals. We are supposed to be the pinnacle or evolution and civilisation. Is forming an intimate bond less important to you than ****ing as many people as possible? Servicing only your base instincts of immediate pleasure make you sound so undeveloped.
    You are not say my view are crazy, you did say i am crazy "she's crazy"
    this is insult me, not my idea.

Sex does have value. it does symbolise love. this is being my opinion. but is only having value or symbolising when you doing it with you wife.

you could going to a whore house right now and go find a random woman and have sex with her, lets say you are doing this right now. is this sex having meaning? of course meaningless sex is existing. sex is being able to being meaningful, but is not being the sex that is giving the meaning, is the spouse that is giving meaning to the sex that is giving meaning to the you.

meaningless sex is being man putting his genital in any random woman hole and oscillating until ejaculation. this is sex, is it not? does it always having meaning? obvious not.

Having my way (in this argument of ideas) is not to having sex with everyone, is about being able to concentrate on one good strong healthy family without worry that natural mammalian instinct will ruining this. It giving more meaning to the marriage if you can go having sex with million man or woman, but you still still coming back to wife because she meaning the most to you. Even though the man can having sex with anyone, he is choosing to come back to wife to live family.

This is sounding like true intimate relationship to me. strong and meaningful. is actually objectively showing meaning (by saying you choose wife over all other whores)

but what is monogamy actually objective showing? that you only have sex with one woman. How is this showing you preference for this woman if you not having choice between? and same way for woman to man aswel.

This is my view, not the view you are giving into my mouth you're self.
    you are do very bad straw man

ReputationRep:
    You are not say my view are crazy, you did say i am crazy "she's crazy"
    this is insult me, not my idea.

Sex does have value. it does symbolise love. this is being my opinion. bu
    To hold crazy ideas would make me conclude that you are crazy. Or very unintelligent or deluded.

If it symbolises love then why is it ok to have sex with whores? Does the man love them?

ReputationRep:
    Sex does have value. it does symbolise love.

NO IT DOES NOT. You'll figure that out eventually.

ReputationRep:
    To hold crazy ideas would make me conclude that you are crazy. Or very unintelligent or deluded.

If it symbolises love then why is it ok to have sex with whores? Does the man love them?
    Polygamy is harmful. The gender ratio is roughly 1:1 monogamy can and does work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only polygyny is natural.

About it being a tool of status? Only a fool wouldn't realize that is what it's for... As for miserable wives stories, here you go.
    http://www.cbn.com/entertainment/boo...reddreams.aspx

She was brainwashed, and she hated it.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    this is polygny. i am talk about polygamy.

if this was polygamy, i am do conjecture that this woman is not being unhappy or miserable at all.

ReputationRep:
    this is polygny. i am talk about polygamy.

if this was polygamy, i am do conjecture that this woman is not being unhappy or miserable at all.
    Polygamy is where one man has multiple wives it almost NEVER occurs where one woman has multiple husbands. Both are wrong and leave a lot of men and women depressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 30, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.