Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there something wrong with roids?
    (Original post by Jd1982)
    He also took steroids from the get go.

edit: Oh and he's also dead -'heart complications'

I'm beginning to think splits mightn't be such a good idea, I'll give it a while though and see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    At 16, you should avoid doing a lot of strength training. Stick with slightly higher repetitions and give your body a chance to grow as it is.

Your metabolism will be through the roof, so you aren't likely to build any serious bulk until you reach 19-20.

ReputationRep:
    At 16, you should avoid doing a lot of strength training. Stick with slightly higher repetitions and give your body a chance to grow as it is.

Your metabolism will be through the roof, so you aren't likely to build any serious bulk until you reach 19-20.
    I typically aim for 3 x 8-15 or so but on deadlifts and harder movements I sometimes do 5 x 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamHedges)
    I typically aim for 3 x 8-15 or so but on deadlifts and harder movements I sometimes do 5 x 5.

Sounds good. Strength training won't do you any harm, it can't stunt your growth or anything like that - it's just a lot of demand to place on your body. Unless you want to get into powerlifting then don't get to caught up with poundage.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good. Strength training won't do you any harm, it can't stunt your growth or anything like that - it's just a lot of demand to place on your body. Unless you want to get into powerlifting then don't get to caught up with poundage.
    Yeah, I'm not so interested in strength. I just want to gain a bit of muscle!

ReputationRep:
    Today was supposed to be a rest day but I was bored so I went and trained. I won't go into detail today but I tried to do a mix of compound movements. I did squats, C&Js, deadlifts, power cleans and lat pull downs among others.

ReputationRep:
    Chest day today, TGIM!

Chest Press Horizontal Grip (Multi Gym) - 3 x 13
    Dumbbell Press 8KG - 3 x 10
    Raised Legs Push Ups - 3 x Fail
    Vertical Grip Chest Press (Multi Gym) - 4 x 8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    You think his workout plan will make you look like him? Okkaaaaay...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Op doesn't seem to know much and the plan will give him the basics, everyone is different and everyone has to experiment to know what makes them grow in muscle size.

ReputationRep:
    He also took steroids from the get go.

edit: Oh and he's also dead -'heart complications'
    Yes because as soon as you enter a gym, steroids are in the water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llegend)
    Op doesn't seem to know much and the plan will give him the basics, everyone is different and everyone has to experiment to know what makes them grow in muscle size.
    The way naturals and those on gear train are different. There's also experience vs a newb. There's no point in starting on an intermediate or advanced routine. This will mean sloooow gains.

ReputationRep:
    Yes because as soon as you enter a gym, steroids are in the water.
    Not quite. But I'm thinking the fact that he openly admitted to taking steroids, the fact that he references them several times in his videos and the fact that his brother 'chestbrah' did time for dealing steroids, combined with his astonishing transformation, kind of points to the fact that maybe - just maybe, he juiced.

And speaking as someone who has worked as a trainer for 6 years in just abut every kind of facility and been training myself for more than a decade, you'd be surprised just how prevalent steroid use is.

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding that I'm always hungry throughout the school day and I was wondering if there are any drinks that fill you up a bit between meals. Do carb drinks help make you less hungry?

ReputationRep:
    MILK!

ReputationRep:
    Not quite. But I'm thinking the fact that he openly admitted to taking steroids, the fact that he references them several times in his videos and the fact that his brother 'chestbrah' did time for dealing steroids, combined with his astonishing transformation, kind of points to the fact that maybe - just maybe, he juiced.

And speaking as someone who has worked as a trainer for 6 years in just abut every kind of facility and been training myself for more than a decade, you'd be surprised just how prevalent steroid use is.
    He took them at his own risk, so why should others care what he did, he got massive gains even though what he did could be seen as morally wrong, but then again people need to stop judging.

ReputationRep:
    He took them at his own risk, so why should others care what he did, he got massive gains even though what he did could be seen as morally wrong, but then again people need to stop judging.
    Im not anti-steroids and I was a fan of Zyzz, a lot of people miss the fact that he was über tongue-in-cheek. But he is old news now, yet suddenly everyone is giving it the lingo like 'come at me bro/brah'.

It just misleading, Zyzz took steroids almost as soon as he started training. You are right that it was his choice, but his given his lifestyle of gear and cocaine, I'm suspicious that him dying of heart failure at 22-23 was unrelated - aren't you?

So advising a 16 year old to look to him for an example isn't the best of ideas!

ReputationRep:
    MILK!
    I'm not a great fan of milk unfortunately, or the new TSR look coincidentally..

ReputationRep:
    I was working shoulders and traps today, I did:

Shrugs 30KG - 3 x 15
    Seated Barbell Military Press 15KG- 3 x 8
    Upright Dumbbell Rows 10KG Each - 3 x 10
    Alternating Lateral Dumbbell Raises 3KG Each - 3 x 10
    Clean and Jerks - 15KG x 3, 24KG x 3, 28KG x 3, 32KG x 2

ReputationRep:
    Tried to go hard as I could today, I did:

Squats 26KG - 3 x 10
    Dumbbell Lunges 10KG - 3 x 7(Each Leg)
    Calf Raises - 1 x 30 (Both Legs), 3 x 15 (One Leg)

I can hear a crunching in my right knee when I bend it which I find slightly unnerving and I would probably have been squatting more if I had a rack but I basically had to C&J before each set and try and jerk the bar of my shoulders afterwards.

Is it true that bringing the bar down behind your head can damage your rotator cuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamHedges)
    Tried to go hard as I could today, I did:

Squats 26KG - 3 x 10
    Dumbbell Lunges 10KG - 3 x 7(Each Leg)
    Calf Raises - 1 x 30 (Both Legs), 3 x 15 (One Leg)

I can hear a crunching in my right knee when I bend it which I find slightly unnerving and I would probably have been squatting more if I had a rack but I basically had to C&J before each set and try and jerk the bar of my shoulders afterwards.

Is it true that bringing the bar down behind your head can damage your rotator cuff?
    I used to get that crunching in my knee when I was around your age. Apparently it was an issue related to growing.

I ignored it and wound up limping everywhere for three months with ligament damage. Be careful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LexiswasmyNexis)
    I used to get that crunching in my knee when I was around your age. Apparently it was an issue related to growing.

I ignored it and wound up limping everywhere for three months with ligament damage. Be careful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you squat nowadays?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.