Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Had a surprise this morning when I woke up remembering a dream O.o Didn't expect it because usually the exams knock out my recall until about a week after they've finished xD
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by djpatch)
    Didn't expect it because usually the exams knock out my recall until about a week after they've finished xD
    Same! We had this discussion at lunchtime, and most of the people I live with say their dreams get more memorable (and more exam-oriented) as we run up to the exams, but I forget my dreams more and more coming up to the exams. A friend accidentally had a lucid dream last night, which sparked the conversation I did wake up a couple of days ago thinking I'd missed an exam, which was probably dream-related, but I didn't remember the dream even at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaug123)
    Same! We had this discussion at lunchtime, and most of the people I live with say their dreams get more memorable (and more exam-oriented) as we run up to the exams, but I forget my dreams more and more coming up to the exams. A friend accidentally had a lucid dream last night, which sparked the conversation I did wake up a couple of days ago thinking I'd missed an exam, which was probably dream-related, but I didn't remember the dream even at the time.
    Really? You discuss it openly and people don't look at you weird? That's what happens to me all the time when I try and explain it to people. I find it odd that some people remember more the closer they are to exams, it doesn't make sense! xD
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Really? You discuss it openly and people don't look at you weird? That's what happens to me all the time when I try and explain it to people. I find it odd that some people remember more the closer they are to exams, it doesn't make sense! xD
    We have some very unusual discussions sometimes - nothing is off-limits if it would make for an interesting argument/debate/conversation. I think people are used to odd topics of conversation by now :P
    Again, having just woken up - no memory of any dreams, even though I did halfheartedly try for lucidity just before going to sleep. Maybe once my exams are over on Tuesday…

ReputationRep:
    Lucid dreaming seems so cool...I really want to try it!!

ReputationRep:
    It's so frustrating when you try to tell people about lucid dreaming and the virtually endless possibilities which it entails. I told my mum about it, she said she believed me, but she didn't seem enthused at all. I'm afraid that people aren't willing to give it a chance and just dismiss it as some sort of new age bulls***. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think I had a lucid dream once. Ironically it was only a few days after i'd watch inception

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    Don't think of trying lucid dreaming. Sometimes it will go wrong and you will have dreams that haunt you for the rest of your life.

Some things are psychological like we never see ourselves in a mirror, or even look in the mirror in the first place, in our dreams.

Lucid dreaming removes these psychological boundaries, and if you see your face in the mirror and the background is black or something really unnatural, then that's gonna **** you up.

Posted from TSR iPad
    Once, my eyes were gauged out yet I could see them not there? Freaky ****...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    It's so frustrating when you try to tell people about lucid dreaming and the virtually endless possibilities which it entails. I told my mum about it, she said she believed me, but she didn't seem enthused at all. I'm afraid that people aren't willing to give it a chance and just dismiss it as some sort of new age bulls***. :rolleyes:
    It's great! I once had telekinesis... It was amazing:cry2:

ReputationRep:
    We have some very unusual discussions sometimes - nothing is off-limits if it would make for an interesting argument/debate/conversation. I think people are used to odd topics of conversation by now :P
    Again, having just woken up - no memory of any dreams, even though I did halfheartedly try for lucidity just before going to sleep. Maybe once my exams are over on Tuesday…

Yeah I told one of my friends about it and he just didn't think it was possible. My mother was the same as yours ladymarshmallow, she believed me but thought it was just a silly phase. I wish it were more widely known about and accepted :/

(Original post by tealover96)
    Lucid dreaming seems so cool...I really want to try it!!
    Go ahead! You've got nothing to lose! It would seem a good number of us on this thread have had experience in LDing so we could help you if need be

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    It's great! I once had telekinesis... It was amazing:cry2:
    Never tried that myself, I've always ended up being distracted with something else :L What did you move/lift? :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I told one of my friends about it and he just didn't think it was possible. My mother was the same as yours ladymarshmallow, she believed me but thought it was just a silly phase. I wish it were more widely known about and accepted :/

Go ahead! You've got nothing to lose! It would seem a good number of us on this thread have had experience in LDing so we could help you if need be

Never tried that myself, I've always ended up being distracted with something else :L What did you move/lift? :P
    Trays

You know in primary school, we had coloured trays with names on?

Those, and small balls and cards and that, a table too. Only slightly though...

my skills obviously weren't good enough for big things
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Ah, I remembered a dream today! Not lucid, unfortunately, but then I haven't been trying to induce them. It involved receiving my exam results in excruciating detail; I failed every paper by a stupendously large margin. Hopefully that's not an indicator of how my last exam will go this afternoon…
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    The way I do this (if I can't do it without help) is to summon a syringe containing some kind of superpower-giving chemical.

ReputationRep:
    The way I do this (if I can't do it without help) is to summon a syringe containing some kind of superpower-giving chemical.
    :rofl: might try that

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I remembered a dream today! Not lucid, unfortunately, but then I haven't been trying to induce them. It involved receiving my exam results in excruciating detail; I failed every paper by a stupendously large margin. Hopefully that's not an indicator of how my last exam will go this afternoon…
    I had a similar dream, although instead of failing I found out that I'd achieved top marks for every subject. :rolleyes: The relief felt so palpable, until I woke up and realised it wasn't true.

ReputationRep:
    Sure it can help if you're a beginner but why pay money when you can learn for free?

For anyone in this thread wanting to learn a good website for guides and tutorials is www.dreamviews.com, my username on there is djpatch999 so if you need any help with anything on that side of things feel free to message me.

On another note, a lucid nightmare can be the scariest thing in the world at first because of how vivid and real it feels. But after a minute things get better
    thx~

ReputationRep:
    Trays

You know in primary school, we had coloured trays with names on?

Those, and small balls and cards and that, a table too. Only slightly though...

That's cool!

I had a similar dream, although instead of failing I found out that I'd achieved top marks for every subject. :rolleyes: The relief felt so palpable, until I woke up and realised it wasn't true.
    So many people are dreaming about their exams! xD

Hoping to get in touch with a mod this evening too to ask about the LD subforum

ReputationRep:
    That's cool!

So many people are dreaming about their exams! xD

Hoping to get in touch with a mod this evening too to ask about the LD subforum
    That's a good idea, seeing as lucid dreaming seems to be garnering more and more interest. Have you ever tried inducing an LD through sleep paralysis? I tried to enter sleep paralysis last night and managed to lie there without moving for about half an hour. Occasionally, I would feel a pins and needles sensation in my limbs and have very brief moments of vertigo or weightlessness, but nothing significant happened. Is the best way just to set my alarm for around 4-5am and then try to enter it?

ReputationRep:
    I remember my dreams from the past few days really well! None of them were lucid though as I've only just recently heard about this. A dream a few days ago was zombies in a coach on the motorway but my gun had no bullets so the zombies just laughed at me. Another dream was me and my friends sitting and drinking shots in school...but a teacher bought the alcohol :P seriously want to have a lucid dream now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by tealover96)
    I remember my dreams from the past few days really well! None of them were lucid though as I've only just recently heard about this. A dream a few days ago was zombies in a coach on the motorway but my gun had no bullets so the zombies just laughed at me. Another dream was me and my friends sitting and drinking shots in school...but a teacher bought the alcohol :P seriously want to have a lucid dream now
    It might take you a couple of gos before you can become lucid and not wake up straight away (I never had this problem, but apparently many people do) - don't get discouraged if that happens The fact that you want a lucid dream is a pretty good start, because the subconscious mind does all sorts of interesting things when we want it to. It's also a great sign if you're remembering your dreams long-term; after all, it's no use being lucid if you don't remember the experience!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.