Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larry31)
    Always good to have a contrasting subject :P I expect English Lit was a lot of work wasn't it? A friend of mine did it last year and was worked crazy See I've never had the opportunity to learn Japanese or Chinese...I was actually thinking of doing the beginners Japanese SSC as well :O Yeah I just hate C4, I'm with Edexcel, but seriously, I thought I didn't mind integration...I was wrong! :P
    Ah yes I can imagine it being a lot less stressful :P I can't even begin to imagine how it would feel if I saw a 'B' on my results sheet in August...:/
    Oh wow that sounds amazing! Was the language barrier difficult at first? My driving instructor's daughter is also in Japan at the moment and absolutely loves it over there
    Nah he's going to Bournemouth to study Animation He wants to work for Disney in the future
    Yeah I really enjoyed English Lit though. I've missed it in the past year and a bit I really enjoyed the poetry section but I went through SO much ink in the essays!

I don't really know what level Japanese I have I mean I can hold a conversation well enough but I have very little theory based knowledge of the syntax and grammar. I can read Hiragana and Katakana well though and I'm working on Kanji (2000 commonly used symbols and I know about 150 at the moment). It was kind of hard at first but I think my non-spoken communication is progressing excellently XD! Now I think my English is the one suffering, I keep on thinking of a word in English but only the Japanese one comes to mind XD.

My worst section in Maths was definately Mechanics. Urgh, bad memories just thinking about it *shudder*

Working for Disney sounds awesome! Everybody loves Disney :cool: What style of animation is he into?
    How are your exams going by the way? Are you nearly done? (I don't know what the timetable is this year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KevinTheSpaceWhale)
    Yeah I really enjoyed English Lit though. I've missed it in the past year and a bit I really enjoyed the poetry section but I went through SO much ink in the essays!

I don't really know what level Japanese I have I mean I can hold a conversation well enough but I have very little theory based knowledge of the syntax and grammar. I can read Hiragana and Katakana well though and I'm working on Kanji (2000 commonly used symbols and I know about 150 at the moment). It was kind of hard at first but I think my non-spoken communication is progressing excellently XD! Now I think my English is the one suffering, I keep on thinking of a word in English but only the Japanese one comes to mind XD.

My worst section in Maths was definately Mechanics. Urgh, bad memories just thinking about it *shudder*

Working for Disney sounds awesome! Everybody loves Disney :cool: What style of animation is he into?
    How are your exams going by the way? Are you nearly done? (I don't know what the timetable is this year)
    Wow, you are literally the only person I've spoken to who actually enjoyed English Lit :P The GCSE put me off sadly (our teachers aren't awesome :/) It also seems like most people come out of their exam with their hand spasming in pain from all the writing xD
    That is literally so amazing! I have a lot of respect for people that go out of their way to learn languages; especially something as obscure as Japanese It must be so rewarding That's quite funny, how you think more in Japanese than English :P
    Ah see I do statistics :P Boring but very easy
    It is awesome, he's so talented it's unreal :P He's studying computer animation, so I guess the likes of Dreamworks etc.
    I've got my first one on Friday (Stats) and the Bio, Chem and C4 in June

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larry31)
    Wow, you are literally the only person I've spoken to who actually enjoyed English Lit :P The GCSE put me off sadly (our teachers aren't awesome :/) It also seems like most people come out of their exam with their hand spasming in pain from all the writing xD
    That is literally so amazing! I have a lot of respect for people that go out of their way to learn languages; especially something as obscure as Japanese It must be so rewarding That's quite funny, how you think more in Japanese than English :P
    Ah see I do statistics :P Boring but very easy
    It is awesome, he's so talented it's unreal :P He's studying computer animation, so I guess the likes of Dreamworks etc.
    I've got my first one on Friday (Stats) and the Bio, Chem and C4 in June
    Oh yeah I'd blocked out the hand spasms XD thanks for that
    I hate it when a teacher makes a subject difficult. I always hated French and the teacher was a part of that, so because we had to study at least one language I chose German (I'm not much better but the similarities to English made it more enjoyable). Guess who decided to start teaching German that year instead of French :argh:

Everyone here except my Japanese contact and my volunteer partner speaks Japanese with little to no English, well it is Japan, so I have very little English conversation during the day.

We did Stats 1 as part of the AS and Mech 1 as part of the A2. We weren't given options otherwise I would have done Stats 2 instead! There's a reason I didn't take physics! Stupid Newton's Laws...

I'm glad your friend is doing something he enjoys and is good at. It makes life a lot more fun

Good luck on Friday!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.