Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjmoo)
    Publicity last came up in June 2010.
    That's the series it was from! I thought it was before that, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Third time doing this exam! Really hope I do well this time!
    It's so unfair how at least half of the marks come from the essay cause I can't write them, but I can do everything else *sigh*

¡Buena suerte a todos! Espero que el examen no sea demasiado difícil

ReputationRep:
    guys how do you form conditional type 3 & 2 ??

ReputationRep:
    There are different types of conditional?!

I'm soooo nervous for this exam it's ridiculous, I have two tomorrow and spent far too long revising for chemistry so now I feel very unprepared for Spanish!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miiiiiiiiiike)
    Here's how I structure my essays (I normally do well ):

1. Introduction - a few lines about the general topic (e.g. "hoy en día, la gente está muy preocupado por los peligros de Internet...") followed by a summary of what I'm going to write about in the body of the essay (i.e. "en este ensayo escribiré un poco sobre..."). If it's an advantages/disadvantages essay, I'll also give my opinion briefly in the introduction.

2. The body of the essay - two or three paragraphs about some of the main points I've already mentioned in my introduction. If it's an advantages/disadvantages essay, I'll split the body into two parts (for and against), giving different opinions and also some of my personal opinions.

3. The conclusion - very brief summary of the main points of the essay once again, then my own opinion (if it's an advantages/disadvantages essay, I'll give a conclusive opinion of my own). Remember to appreciate the opinions of others too (i.e. "...aunque entiendo que otras personas podrían..."). I find that the conclusion is always a good place to squeeze in some advanced tenses and constructions, such as subjunctives and conditionals (e.g. "si fuera rico/a, cambiaría...").

I hope this helps anyone worried about the structure of their essays.

I'm new to TSR, so if anyone wants to contact me to discuss the exam, or indeed anything in Spanish, feel free to message me.

¡Buena suerte a todos!
    I'm sure you already know this, but I think it would be 'la gente está preocupada' because 'la gente' is feminine? I always seem to make little mistakes like that in the exam, so hopefully I'll have time to check over my essay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MySquishy!)
    There are different types of conditional?!

I'm soooo nervous for this exam it's ridiculous, I have two tomorrow and spent far too long revising for chemistry so now I feel very unprepared for Spanish!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/conditional

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! Buena suerte!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lingo-Flamingo)
    I'm sure you already know this, but I think it would be 'la gente está preocupada' because 'la gente' is feminine? I always seem to make little mistakes like that in the exam, so hopefully I'll have time to check over my essay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You use 'ser' not 'estar' In this case

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lingo-Flamingo)
    http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/conditional

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! Buena suerte!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Muchas Gracias!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What the hell was that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesmact)
    What the hell was that...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, pretty much sums up that exam! :L

ReputationRep:
    thought the reading was pretty hard tbh, especially that love letter thing, did anybody get all the answers to that??? listening and writing were't too bad though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by readingfcgeorge)
    thought the reading was pretty hard tbh, especially that love letter thing, did anybody get all the answers to that??? listening and writing were't too bad though
    Well I got all of them, the only one I didn't have a clue what to put down was 'encargados'.... Which is charged and I couldn't find a synonym for it it was okay, the writing and listening were easy, but the reading was fairly difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I got all of them, the only one I didn't have a clue what to put down was 'encargados'.... Which is charged and I couldn't find a synonym for it it was okay, the writing and listening were easy, but the reading was fairly difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah i'd agree with that. just checked encargados on google translate and apparently it can mean responsible as well, so the answer must have been responsables, think i guessed that right

ReputationRep:
    what on earth was the grammar........

ReputationRep:
    also, the obsessions with internet- horrible questions because they asked for our opinion, yet there was only one right answer?
    not really fair to base our grades on our judgement of a topic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyashford)
    also, the obsessions with internet- horrible questions because they asked for our opinion, yet there was only one right answer?
    not really fair to base our grades on our judgement of a topic!
    some of them meant things that could never have been the right answer though, i think there was only one answer for each that actually made sense

ReputationRep:
    yeah responsables for encargados, what did everyone put for the grammar Qs?!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do you remember what you got for the rest of them??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily909)
    yeah responsables for encargados, what did everyone put for the grammar Qs?!
    i think i got the "pelear" one wrong but apart from the the ones i can remember were "son", "visiten", "cuantas", possibly iran but im not sure about that one

ReputationRep:
    this is all i can remember for the synonyms-can't remember exact wording

encargados-responsables
    desribia-expresaba
    salteros thing-a llorar thing
    aquel momento-esas fechas
    actual-presente

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.