Turn on thread page Beta

Justin Bieber on Anne Frank watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    He doesn't know that Germany is a country yet has convinced himself that Anne Frank would've been a Belieber?

What a tosser.

(Original post by Rybee)
    I ****ing love this clip of Bieber saying they don't say 'Germans' in America. Hah!

(Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    God, tell me Justin was joking? :shock:
    He thought the presenter was saying "Jewman." There's an interview a few months before that clip of him talking about his German grandfather and counting to 10 in German so..
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Personally I find it unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    What a little git. Hope they stuff him in a shower in Auschwitz.
    I'm guessing you don't really mean that? And if you do, that is a really disgusting thing to say about someone.

Yeah, maybe Justin is a bit of a prick and a bit up himself, but half of you are equally as bad coming on here just to write hate comments. It's such a trivial thing anyway and I think some of you need to take a good look at yourselves if you're coming out with comments like that ^^^

I don't even care if you give me a thumbs down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar-n-spice)
    "Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."
    The Quote in the Anne Frank guestbook says:

"Truly inspiring to be able to come here, Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."

The only thing That's wrong is that he refers to her as "Anne".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    What a little git. Hope they stuff him in a shower in Auschwitz.
    This is actually disgusting. Far worse than what he wrote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    He thought the presenter was saying "Jewman." There's an interview a few months before that clip of him talking about his German grandfather and counting to 10 in German so..
    But he even read the prompt-card and said he didn't know what the word meant :|

[Naive] Why's that? [/Naive]

ReputationRep:
    This whole thing just adds to the long list of reasons why I dislike Bieber.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    But he even read the prompt-card and said he didn't know what the word meant :|

[Naive] Why's that? [/Naive]
    Maybe he couldn't find the word amongst all the text? Either way, the fact he'd said the word before negates the point.

ReputationRep:
    He looked at it for half a second.
    Why was referring to her as Anne wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Why was referring to her as Anne wrong?
    It's not the done thing, suggests he's a bit removed from society. It's like me talking about Churchill in an interview and referring to him as Winston.

ReputationRep:
    The Quote in the Anne Frank guestbook says:

"Truly inspiring to be able to come here, Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."

No I think that's the main issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    No I think that's the main issue.
    That's completely tongue and cheek. You all know it.

ReputationRep:
    That's completely tongue and cheek. You all know it.
    Slightly distasteful to be 'tongue-in-cheek' in such a situation in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Slightly distasteful to be 'tongue-in-cheek' in my opinion.
    I don't know. I can see it's inappropriate but what if I'd wrote in that book:

"Truly inspiring to be able to come here, Anne was a great girl. I hope she would have liked me."

Would that have sounded so bad? If he'd wrote that, would it?

I think the issue here is using the word "Belieber" in such settings, which isn't a big deal at all.

ReputationRep:
    People forgetting Anne Frank was Dutch, not German..

ReputationRep:
    I think Anne Frank would have had better taste in music.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst it seems shallow to trivialise her like this, I think only an idiot can expect depth from Justin Bieber. I am not surprised, nor do I particularly care.

ReputationRep:
    this really isn't a big deal

ReputationRep:
    But the presenter shows him the word on paper, so even if he does know it he cannot spell.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if Mother Teresa would have been a fan? I bet Nelson Mandela is. I'm sure Jesus Christ would have been a fan too.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.