Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im not bragging here but i left c1 and c2 really late, til the last day in fact. They were on the same day and i was so ****ing nervous the day before and was feeling sick. I tried to stay calm and just went through all the past papers that i could and the pressure i was under caused me to absorb so much **** like a sponge. I got 20 minutes sleep woke up, showered walked into the exam and got 95 UMS on both in the end. So yes it is long enough i would recommend just going through paper after paper and repeating this. Anything you cant get look at the textbook / online resources to guide you then have another attempt at the question.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dantheman7)
    im not bragging here but i left c1 and c2 really late, til the last day in fact. They were on the same day and i was so ****ing nervous the day before and was feeling sick. I tried to stay calm and just went through all the past papers that i could and the pressure i was under caused me to absorb so much **** like a sponge. I got 20 minutes sleep woke up, showered walked into the exam and got 95 UMS on both in the end. So yes it is long enough i would recommend just going through paper after paper and repeating this. Anything you cant get look at the textbook / online resources to guide you then have another attempt at the question.

Good luck
    Yeah, but you are Dan THE Man(7) i'm but a simple math-poor Roryy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roryy)
    Yeah, but you are Dan THE Man(7) i'm but a simple math-poor Roryy.
    Honestly mate you will be fine. Just relax begin tomorrow by doing a paper for both units and seeing where you are at. Then simply work on your weaknesses rather than your strengths as "you are only as strong as your weakest point" then just repeat papers and you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Going back in time i would probably be able to hack that.

Knock out C1 in two days, then 2 topics a day from C2; whilst doing all of this continuously go back and refresh your knowledge as it will fade fast and then you're done in a week, then spend the rest doing past papers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position with C2. 4 weeks seems like enough time tbh. Just bang out the past papers!

Btw, will I be subject to late fees if I wanted to enter myself for S1 now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rdgreen)
    Title says it all. Haven't really reviewed much of it as it takes me a lot to get into it. Could I also have any tips of how to revise hem? Thanks )
    Depends on your ability. But it is perfectly doable within a couple of weeks.
    Considering you are revising, don't spend too long on the basic exercises (i.e don't bother repeating the same style of question about 10 times, unless you don't feel confident), move onto the Mixed Exercise/Review Exercises as they normally contain exam questions, then move onto past papers quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly doable. 1 full day per module to work slowly through textbook and pick up the theory. 1 full day per module to attempt all the exams papers. Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can! Get the notes done asap, it's the past papers that take long!

ReputationRep:
    If you have 4 weeks to go, do both in 2 weeks, then spend the last 2 weeks fine-tuning with practice and letting your knowledge mature...like fine wine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Perfectly doable. 1 full day per module to work slowly through textbook and pick up the theory. 1 full day per module to attempt all the exams papers. Sorted.
    Perfect Plan ...

Couldn't have said any better

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.