The Student Room Group

Isn't life boring?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pizzle223
I went back to college, and now I'm at uni.

I've been spending my time working when I can and leaving the UK as often as possible. I'm going to India for 10 weeks this summer. Once I finish Uni I'll be saving up some money and leaving the country to travel the world till I find somewhere I'd like to live, know what I enjoy in life and if I'm lucky I'd of met someone nice on the way.

Brilliant! You basically have very similar views to me on travelling and living in the UK. What are you doing in India? I want to travel and leave this country and i spent five weeks in Ghana last summer and i'm going Sri Lanka for five this summer.
Original post by Hunter_scfc
Brilliant! You basically have very similar views to me on travelling and living in the UK. What are you doing in India? I want to travel and leave this country and i spent five weeks in Ghana last summer and i'm going Sri Lanka for five this summer.

It's volunteer work in a rural community in the south. Through ICS and with Raleigh International.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who views life this way!

Five days a week to have 2 off in which you stay at home and watch TV is no way to live your life!
Original post by Runninground
I mean, you do all this education stuff for about 20ish years, then you spend the rest of your life working all day 5 days a week with just 20ish days holiday, then you retire and by that time you're too old to do fun stuff.

Maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn, I need some hobbies. :colondollar:

Life is nothing but a reflection of yourself. You can choose not to be involved in that system. Go travel the world, get out of your little bubble. Write out all your passions and things you enjoy, think deeply with an open mind and you will discover how amazing life really is
Reply 43
Original post by sugarmouse
I'm in adult entertainment.

So, have i seen you in anything?
I agree life is boring.
When we get fed up of it we go to its alternative. That's where it gets interesting. Can't wait

:mwuaha:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skumgummi
So, have i seen you in anything?

If you had or you hadn't, I am pretty sure I wouldn't know the answer to that!Lol
Reply 46
Original post by sugarmouse
If you had or you hadn't, I am pretty sure I wouldn't know the answer to that!Lol

Good point!
Reply 47
To use that old cliche, OP, "Life is what you make of it." If you don't want a 9-to-5 job, the alternative is to start your own business and work on your own terms. If you are finding your own personal life boring, get out there engage in new activities that you find interesting.

Think right now, as you read this, or anyone else, for that matter, of the person who you want to be in the future and set yourself goals to become that person. So you want to meet more people and widen your circle of friends? If this is the case, challenge yourself to strike up a conversation with a random stranger. Seriously, go up to a person sitting on a park bench eating their lunch and get to know them. Tell that guy or girl that you find them cute and that you'll like to get to know them - just approach and be real! What's the worst that can happen? You meet a new friend? Exactly. You'll walk away feeling a couple of inches taller and walk around with a great, big smile on your face. A smile that will make someone else smile. Yeah, life is boring.

Just your thinking, knock down those mental blocks, and you will no longer find life boring. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
get some hobbies. iv got loads and that fills quite a bit of my spare time and when im not doing hobbies im reasearching as much stuff on things i enjoy as possible. and as for work if i didnt work, the time i had off wouldnt b as enjoyable. life soon becomes very boring with no work, no funds and no1 to hang out because there all at work or college.
Original post by Fellyjish
To use that old cliche, OP, "Life is what you make of it." If you don't want a 9-to-5 job, the alternative is to start your own business and work on your own terms. If you are finding your own personal life boring, get out there engage in new activities that you find interesting.

Think right now, as you read this, or anyone else, for that matter, of the person who you want to be in the future and set yourself goals to become that person. So you want to meet more people and widen your circle of friends? If this is the case, challenge yourself to strike up a conversation with a random stranger. Seriously, go up to a person sitting on a park bench eating their lunch and get to know them. Tell that guy or girl that you find them cute and that you'll like to get to know them - just approach and be real! What's the worst that can happen? You meet a new friend? Exactly. You'll walk away feeling a couple of inches taller and walk around with a great, big smile on your face. A smile that will make someone else smile. Yeah, life is boring.

Just your thinking, knock down those mental blocks, and you will no longer find life boring. :smile:

Easier said than done :frown:
Reply 50
Easier said than done :frown:

Setting and achieving goals are simple. Do you want your days to be memorable and enjoyable and fun? Of course you do. Set yourself goals - any goal - to achieve in 30 days. Cut down on Facebook, eat less sweats, or eat more fruit and vegetables - anything. Trust me, you'll gain more confidence, self-discipline, motivation, and all-round general awesomeness if you set yourself goals and stick to them, and your life with be all the better for it. No more "Isn't life boring" threads.

Check out this video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNP03fDSj1U
(edited 10 years ago)
Setting and achieving goals are simple. Do you want your days to be memorable and enjoyable and fun? Of course you do. Set yourself goals - any goal - to achieve in 30 days. Cut down on Facebook, eat less sweats, or eat my fruit and vegetables - anything. Trust me, you'll gain more confidence, self-discipline, motivation, and all-round general awesomeness if you set yourself goals and stick to them, and your life with be all the better for it. No more "Isn't life boring" threads.

Check out this video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNP03fDSj1U

I want to set up a business but I don't have to confidence- that's what I struggle with. My family isn't like me. They are they type of people who stick to the 'norm'- You go out, get a job and lead a nice little life. I don't want to do this, but having a family like that makes it very difficult. It'd be easier if I lived on my own but I can't do that yet.

I also don't have any ideas for a business, so I can't even start yet :frown:

I'mma watch that video now :P
Reply 52
Become your own boss... Consultancy is a good one. Lots of travel, charging ridiculous amounts of money and only spending business money on petrol & food = lots & lots of profit = lots and lots of holidays.
Reply 53
I want to set up a business but I don't have to confidence- that's what I struggle with.

That is telling yourself you aren't good enough.

Now, I don't know you, anon. But there is one thing I do know: you have confidence in you. Everyone has confidence in them. Think of that one time when you felt alpha. That time when you felt 7 feet tall. And now tell yourself you don't have the confidence.

Confidence is not a secret ability that only a lucky few possess. The difference between that confident person in your class and you, is that they build upon that confidence natural inside of everyone and suppress self-esteem whenever it arises, while you tell yourself that you aren't confident enough, limiting your potential and putting down your dreams.

Every time time you use and choose confidence, you get a little more it. This little fact should give you a huge boost. Talking to that stranger? Yeah, you've got confidence and you'll will be more confident the next time you talk to a stranger. You see? Confidence is something we build over time. Working out will increase your physical confidence in your goal of no longer being that person who can barley run a mile without stopping to take a breather. Talking to strangers increases your emotional confidence in your ability to handle thoughts and feelings. And mental confidence increases your ability to use and make sense of stimuli.

My family isn't like me. They are they type of people who stick to the 'norm'- You go out, get a job and lead a nice little life. I don't want to do this, but having a family like that makes it very difficult. It'd be easier if I lived on my own but I can't do that yet.

As I am typing this, there are countless of people out there who would be deemed 'average'. Y'know, Joe Bloggs who works that 9-to-5 job, follows the norm, and at the end of his life, he'll say to himself, "I haven't lived." I can tell that you do not want to be like Joe Bloggs - who does?

You are no average man or woman, so why are you settling for it now? Do what YOU want. I'll repeat that again. Do what YOU want. Don't judge yourself from what others are doing. Don't let your family nudge you into the direction that they want to. Be your own person.

Now get out there and do what YOU want.

I also don't have any ideas for a business, so I can't even start yet :frown:

Ideas are endless. Look for a solution to an everyday problem. Bounce ideas off friends. Try and second-guess the future and try to develop ideas in line with trends. Allow your mind to wander.

Good luck! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

But, they'll think your weird?
Reply 55
Original post by My name is URL.
But, they'll think your weird?

It depends on your opening line. If someone came up to you and said: "Wow! You are cute and I just had to come over and talk to you." Would you feel weird? No, you'll get butterflies in your stomach and think that he or she is confident. And confidence is key in a relationship. But if someone came over to you and said: Hey! You! Smell my finger." Well, yeah, you would think they're weird.
Reply 56
Not everyone shall be doing the 9-5 daily job, maybe you should have a look at them career paths.
Having the time of my life.
Reply 58
i just want to travel, and have fun. College, university seems like a huge drag kinda getting sick of studying all the time but i guess its gotta be done first. How boring.
Reply 59
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
Having the time of my life.

U mad bro? spending your weekends in the house all day watching your favorite soap or tv program is not living the life...

Quick Reply