Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did the test and I got an IQ of 160
    Is that good or bad?

ReputationRep:
    I have the ability to make one tasty jacket potato, do you see me making a thread about it.

.. Actually!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1992LP)
    I Googled "quick IQ test" and came up with this:

http://www.quickiqtest.net/

My god. That is bloody impossible! I got 110, but most of it was pure guesswork. It is like the UKCAT all over again!
    I got 133, but hey ho. Is my IQ that high, probably not :P

ReputationRep:

My god. That is bloody impossible! I got 110, but most of it was pure guesswork. It is like the UKCAT all over again!
    Hahaha!

I closed my eyes, randomly clicked around and I got 110 as well! :P

ReputationRep:

I got 114 higher average, not bad for a 65 year old, although like you I did guess some of them.

ReputationRep:
    My IQ is 162,,, I am sorry but i am smarter as u,..

ReputationRep:
    How much swag do you have though?

ReputationRep:
    Mine's 80.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    Lol at using an IQ test as a test of intelligence

You getting a high score on an IQ test just means you're good at taking IQ tests, it doesn't represent practical wisdom in everyday dilemmas
    Woah, wait a minute. So you're telling me in real life I won't need to look at some patterns and work out which one (logically) comes next? Daaaamn.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is 145, though I can do the dumbest things and have no idea how to socialize... With humans anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    How much swag do you have though?
    306.3333333 swag. And you?

ReputationRep:
    127. Got it taken 2 years ago to predict my A-levels as part of a statistical experiment. Unfortunately, we were the first year to do it so we got no results

ReputationRep:
    My cousin got a score of 157 on an IQ test, but he's got Down syndrome so really these IQ tests don't prove anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    So I got tested and my IQ is 157, apparently puts me in the 99.99th percentile :awesome:, so I guess i'm like a genius :cool:...what's your IQ? I bet it's not >157
    How's the meth business doing? And I always thought Heisenberg had a higher IQ than 157, you know, like Einstein level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    So I got tested and my IQ is 157, apparently puts me in the 99.99th percentile :awesome:, so I guess i'm like a genius :cool:...what's your IQ? I bet it's not >157
    That's actually pretty bad, OP. I'm disappointed that you didn't hit the ceiling (which in Mensa tests is 162). 157 is [email protected] - lots of Mensa folk have hit the full 161 ceiling.

You should be ashamed of yourself. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    My IQ is 210. But ive never taken an IQ test:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    This is awkward. My IQ is 170. :dontknow: I've been in mensa since I was a zygote, too.

Edit: I wasn't being serious. I don't know my IQ. Also, congrats to the OP, for doing well on a test.
    That would have instantly told me that you were lying anyway. This is because the ceiling for the Mensa test (i.e. the highest being the Cattell III B) is "161". Hence, someone saying they have an IQ of 170 or 200 is saying something meaningless due to insufficient averages and whatnot. The Cattell III B has a ceiling of 161. Trust me, I would know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I've heard Mensa is full of boring social introverts and misfits, is this true? Has anyone been?
    Some are certainly in need of constant ego massaging. Others are suprisingly quite normal. But a number are very intelligent and actually use that intelligence to read widely and explore different things. But there are a lot of older people - older white people LOL. :lol:

You got me OP. I'm both jelly and mad bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazmaniac97)
    I did the test and I got an IQ of 160
    Is that good or bad?
    Yes. It is very good. The maximum ceiling of a Mensa test (i.e. the Cattell III B Test) is 161. Is that the test you did?
    The ceiling for Mensa tests is 162

(Original post by Blutooth)
    I got 133, but hey ho. Is my IQ that high, probably not :P
    (Original post by Boudicea)
    I got 114 higher average, not bad for a 65 year old, although like you I did guess some of them.
    Online IQ tests are not recognised and are on the whole inaccurate.

(Original post by yaboy)
    My IQ is 210. But ive never taken an IQ test:ahee:
    This statement is meaningless. The maximum on the Cattell III B test is 161 - and this is used by various high IQ society, especially Mensa.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.