Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    They will probably be released on bail in about 3 months - the British system is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomGenius)
    This stuff happens everywhere, all the time. Why do people still act surprise? ''The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it''

If you're going to complain about the sentence and whatever, become a Judge and go do something about it.
    Ah yes, its so easy to become a Judge. I will just pop down the job centre and fill out an application form. :rolleyes:

I know this happens regularly, but it shouldn't. Just because it does happen, does not make it okay.

ReputationRep:
    See, **** like this happens far less in countries with the death penalty (the exception being the US)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Their mother was jailed too, for 'Perverting the course of justice'. Her sentence was far too light in my opinion.
    She is complicit in the murder in my opinion, and should be doing life means life sentence.

ReputationRep:
    Sick b*stards. Why on earth would you want to beat up an innocent person? What would be the point?

My condolences to this man's family. May he rest in peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    See, **** like this happens far less in countries with the death penalty (the exception being the US)
    I wholeheartedly agree. The death penalty itself isn't as much of a punishment as it is a deterrent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    Go on, expand...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    People deranged enough to kill another human don't have the tendency to think about the consequences of their actions.

http://www.slate.com/articles/busine..._criminal.html

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/file...eStudy2009.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj1015)
    She is complicit in the murder in my opinion, and should be doing life means life sentence.
    Well, yes, I suppose she is.

ReputationRep:
    Just saying... I hope they die painfully (the kids)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    Just saying... I hope they die painfully (the kids)
    Agreed. Why should anyone feel a shred of sympathy for them?

ReputationRep:
    There was no motive behind it, it was done for the sake of completing a dare. A dare! Who would dare something like that? Especially to attack a vulnerable member of society, who had no one to call for help. I think it's sick that they could do such a thing at those ages.... Truly horrible.

Wish I was the judge for this case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Their mother was jailed too, for 'Perverting the course of justice'. Her sentence was far too light in my opinion.
    Excuse my idiocy but what does this mean exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anythingoo1)
    Like hiding evidence or trying to lie to get her kid from going to jail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anythingoo1)

The kids did the crime, and when she was interviewed by the police, she lied to try and cover it up. Got caught and hence "perverting the course of justice"

However I am of the thought that if someone knows that someone else has murdered someone, and is then found out by the authorities for not alerting them to this. Then they too are murders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    Almost all the evience points towards deterent based systems being ineffective (unless the deterent is really really extreme like execution for speeding but we can't have that).
    oh really, and which countries that execute for speeding have been your data points?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    oh really, and which countries that execute for speeding have been your data points?
    That bit about extreme punishments being a deterent has little basis in actual case studies (no countries have those sorts of punishments for minor crimes), it is more based on predictions about human pycology. Whatever the case, that last bit was not really relevent and you may discard it as completely untrue if you want to (not saying it is).

ReputationRep:
    I understand that these are twisted children, who have definitely been brought up wrong... But, why have their names been released? All 3 of them are under 18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GemmaPoppss)
    I understand that these are twisted children, who have definitely been brought up wrong... But, why have their names been released? All 3 of them are under 18
    Because their criminals, and their crime is against society, not just the victim.

This is no time to have sympathy for these savages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagga)
    I don't blame the kids. Its the parents I blame for this... The children are brought up by their parents and should be taught better...
    The most ridiculous argument ever!!!!!

Well then I guess Hitler wasn't to blame either? If only his parents loved him more then he wouldn't have killed millions. See the hole in your argument?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socktor)
    We have Year 1 (well, you can go to something called "Reception" before that, as I did, but it's optional) at 5/6. You start secondary school at the beginning of Year 7 when you're 11/12 (well, I started in Year 8 when I was 12 and the older kids would be 13, but they changed the rules I think).

If the student wants to, he/she can stay for Sixth Form which covers Years 12 and 13. Generally people in year 12 are 16/17 and people in year 13 are 17/18, however you can go back a year when you're in Sixth Form.
    If they were willing to kill someone for a dare, I wouldn't want to know what they'd do if they were provoked, or had a 'reason' to kill someone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.