Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How well would you survive in a Zombie Apocalypse? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I own swords which I am trained to use, only problem is family is on otherside of country and they don't. I also know where my universities archery supplies are. So weapon-wise I'm good.

Do live in major city which is problematic.

I also have camping and a bit of tracking experience so if I'm careful I could do the Rick Grimes thing of trying to find family.

I think I'd do alright, but probably couldn't survive indefinitely.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Nobody12)
    Zombies can still crawl, cut off its arms and legs with a chainsaw after you've broke it's back then you have an advantage but other people may run past the zombie thinking its dead then the zombie bites their leg = infected.
    Again, depends entirely on which zombies we're talking about.

If you've severed their central nervous system, they can't move.

And as long as my group is safe, everyone else can look after themselves.

Besides, zombies wouldn't even be able to exist for long - http://www.cracked.com/article_18683...l-quickly.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    I own swords which I am trained to use, only problem is family is on otherside of country and they don't. I also know where my universities archery supplies are. So weapon-wise I'm good.

Do live in major city which is problematic.

I also have camping and a bit of tracking experience so if I'm careful I could do the Rick Grimes thing of trying to find family.

I think I'd do alright, but probably couldn't survive indefinitely.
    Would you risk saving your family's life on the other side of the country with the possibility of them being infected also? Bit risky wouldn't you say.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm ready. I have a pair of scissors somewhere on the floor. I have a broken computer which I can use as a shield. I have gone on the bronze Duke of Edinburgh so I have an extensive knowledge of survival skills. And I could just use everything in my room to barricade everything until someone comes to save me or I die. Would make for a pretty **** story, though, and I'd probably die of starvation, but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably take a few sleeping pills, then walk to the centre of town with a pillow, lie down, fall asleep, wait for the zombies to get me, pain free in sleep. If you can't beat them (which I'm fairly sure I couldn't), join them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    I'd probably take a few sleeping pills, then walk to the centre of town with a pillow, lie down, fall asleep, wait for the zombies to get me, pain free in sleep. If you can't beat them (which I'm fairly sure I couldn't), join them.
    You should stay with me, the human race needs to be repopulated afterwards and we can't do that with all dudes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrkingpenguin)
    You should stay with me, the human race needs to be repopulated afterwards and we can't do that with all dudes...
    And how do you plan to fend off the zombies?

ReputationRep:
    I've started to write a zombie survival guide which i'm going to leave in all the flat's in my current student accommodation, due to the fact that me and my friends have talked in depth about exactly what we would do and planned it.

Something to help me procrastinate tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Nuclear Bunker + double bed

ReputationRep:
    My extrordinary intelligence, strength, fitness and good looks

ReputationRep:
    I've thought about this. I figure you could defend a staircase quite well from the top and zombies cant really climb anything more difficult than stairs so couldn't get to you any other way. No matter how many they were you'd only be up against 3 at once and as thered be nowhere for dead ones to go you'd end up with a buffer of dead ones between you and the live ones. If there was a wall close to the top of the staircase you could put sweeping brushes against it and against the dead zombies to hold them there and the living ones wouldnt be able to reach past the dead ones to knock them out of the way.

ReputationRep:
    Kill them with fire.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you will run out of tinned food what will you do then? Instead of getting infected you will starve yourself to death, also due to lack of food you will be weak so when the zombies do come you will be that weak you won't be able to defend yourself.
    With my plan once you'd secured the staircase you could get into the attic, take the slates off and grow food. You'd still have running water from the bathroom and you could rig ropes from house to house to move about without being on the ground so you'd probably not face too many zombies while on the move. You may get one of two that turned zombie while upstairs but if the hoards started coming you'd have your escape route back up the stairs and the option to ether defend the stairs again or retreat with your rope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by College_Dropout)
    After extensive hours of playing CoD zombies and extensive hours watching Walking Dead, I would like to think im a pro zombie killer.
    HAAAAAA SO TRUE after watchimg the walking dead feel like i could survive anything!!! :-P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgemuffins)
    Kill them with fire.
    Zombies are prone to fire meaning fire is the least effect, the zombie will still be mobile resulting in you still getting bitten or even still on fire yourself.

ReputationRep:
    The biggest problem with surviving a zombie apocalypse is ammunition. Imagine playing Black Ops zombies where you're not paid for killing them, can't buy guns from chalk outlines, and when knifing a zombie there's a 5% chance that you just die :lolwut:

Step 1 would be to get to a military base, where you could either shelter with the army or equip yourselves. Then you'd have to find as many fuel-efficient vehicles as possible, and load up others with as much jerry-can fuel as possible. You'd be able to do quite well from siphoning fuel, though. Then you'd need some sort of armour on your extremities so that you could kick and wield hand weapons without fear of accidentally getting bitten, that way you could conserve ammo unless there's too many of them. Then you'd have to travel to an island somewhere, spend a year or so on alert making sure that it's clear, and then you could settle again. You'd have to travel to the mainland to stock up on basic supplies whilst you initialised some sort of agriculture, set up radio and satellite communication, and created some way to guard against corpses and zombies being washed ashore.

Just watching the latest season of "AMC's The Walking Dead" :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    The biggest problem with surviving a zombie apocalypse is ammunition. Imagine playing Black Ops zombies where you're not paid for killing them, can't buy guns from chalk outlines, and when knifing a zombie there's a 5% chance that you just die :lolwut:

Step 1 would be to get to a military base, where you could either shelter with the army or equip yourselves. Then you'd have to find as many fuel-efficient vehicles as possible, and load up others with as much jerry-can fuel as possible. You'd be able to do quite well from siphoning fuel, though. Then you'd need some sort of armour on your extremities so that you could kick and wield hand weapons without fear of accidentally getting bitten, that way you could conserve ammo unless there's too many of them. Then you'd have to travel to an island somewhere, spend a year or so on alert making sure that it's clear, and then you could settle again. You'd have to travel to the mainland to stock up on basic supplies whilst you initialised some sort of agriculture, set up radio and satellite communication, and created some way to guard against corpses and zombies being washed ashore.

Just watching the latest season of "AMC's The Walking Dead" :lol:
    You play too many video games. In real life surviving zombie apocalypses is nothing to with ammunition. You wouldn't be able to kill enough to significantly dent their numbers.

Also most people don't live a 2 min stroll away from the local army base. When zombies attack you'll most likely be in your house and need a realistic plan for surviving with implements to hand.

Its actually pretty ****ing irresponsible of you to post rubbish about stealing ammo from army bases. Could get people killed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green.tea)
    You play too many video games. In real life surviving zombie apocalypses is nothing to with ammunition. You wouldn't be able to kill enough to significantly dent their numbers.

Also most people don't live a 2 min stroll away from the local army base. When zombies attack you'll most likely be in your house and need a realistic plan for surviving with implements to hand.

Its actually pretty ****ing irresponsible of you to post rubbish about stealing ammo from army bases. Could get people killed.
    Bro if there was a zombie outbreak the first thing I would run to would be an army base and jump in a apache helicopter or tank. You're telling me if there was a zombie outbreak instead of running to an army base you would lock yourself in the kitchen arming yourself with a knife and fork?

ReputationRep:
    Bro if there was a zombie outbreak the first thing I would run to would be an army base and jump in a apache helicopter or tank. You're telling me if there was a zombie outbreak instead of running to an army base you would lock yourself in the kitchen arming yourself with a knife and fork?
    No. I would employ a strategy that used the zombies numbers against them.

Consider the amount of crowd control and planning we need to keep things safe. Zombies don't have that. If you say run up some stairs and barricade the door the zombies at the bottom don't realize that the door is closed and so just keep pushing. Then you can just chill out while the zombies crush themselves to death.

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.