Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelephoneBox)
    So just out of interest, what's everyone doing for A403 and A404?

I'm doing Apuleius and the Thessaly story + Pliny for A403, and Aeneid 12 for A404. I absolutely love the Aeneid, but sometimes it can be really annoying!
    Verse, I'm doing the shield of Aeneas, Horace Satires and Perseus
    Prose, I'm doing Livy, Suetonius and Pliny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legolas97)
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone is doing the verse paper with the shield of Aeneas? My teacher went on maternity leave and we never did a translation or got any notes :/ If anyone does have anything to hand, it would really help Thanks x
    The shield? Are you doing book 12?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So just out of interest, what's everyone doing for A403 and A404?

I'm doing Apuleius and the Thessaly story + Pliny for A403, and Aeneid 12 for A404. I absolutely love the Aeneid, but sometimes it can be really annoying!
    same i love the Aeneid but i prefere sagae thessalae though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDM.)
    "Shield of Aeneas" is a couple of extracts from book 8 - it's studied alongside the other shorter verse extracts. There's twenty lines or so from when Venus gives him the armour, and then a big chunk of the ecphrasis at the end of the book.

ReputationRep:
    Prose - Sagae Thessalae and Pliny
    Verse - Aenead XII

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a lot of people are doing the Aeneid 12 then but quite split on the prose set text

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeniB)
    I'm doing that! I've attach a crib sheet. I could probably find you some past papers, as well, if you'd like? Good luck with the exam!
    Thank you so much; I was really struggling to translate it all by myself! Good luck to you as well! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDM.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    book 8

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Pliny, Livy & Suetonius for A403 and book 12 of the Aeneid for A404. I think the Pliny, Livy & Suetonius will be alright but I'm struggling with the Aeneid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chantilly98)
    I'm doing Pliny, Livy & Suetonius for A403 and book 12 of the Aeneid for A404. I think the Pliny, Livy & Suetonius will be alright but I'm struggling with the Aeneid
    Anything in particular you don't get about the Aeneid? I'm not an expert but I can try my best, unless it's just a matter of learning it!

A402 tomorrow guys. How we all feeling about it? I'm quite stress-free atm actually which makes a change but let's see how it goes. In the A401 I looked at the derivative question and then went back, but it took me 5 minutes to realise that I was trying to answer Passage C instead of Passage A! Let's not do that this time... :P

ReputationRep:
    Anything in particular you don't get about the Aeneid? I'm not an expert but I can try my best, unless it's just a matter of learning it!
    Thanks but it's really just a matter of learning it At least it's not for a couple of weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chantilly98)
    Thanks but it's really just a matter of learning it At least it's not for a couple of weeks
    Yeah exactly

I recently learnt it for a mock but it's all a bit vague now, so over this week I am going to read through A403 in a bit more detail, vaguely learning A404. Then it'll alternate next week That's the plan... won't happen though

ReputationRep:
    did it last year and boomed 100ums f##k bit#he#s get money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrydry)
    did it last year and boomed 100ums f##k bit#he#s get money
    How does the UMS work? Like what was your raw score to get 100UMS?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find A402?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't find it absolutey awful, some bits were hard though... you??

ReputationRep:
    My mind literally forgot what an ablative absolute was until the very end, Yahh :/
    I also translated iaceo as lie instead of throw...

ReputationRep:
    I think there was some confusing grammar in the translation and I put in the first question hat he was the farther of a famous son , but I think it was meant to be the other way round...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexgr97)
    How does the UMS work? Like what was your raw score to get 100UMS?
    Raw marks on paper 1 for an a* last year were 53/60
    For paper 2 a star raw was 50/60
    paper 3 43/50
    paper 4 41/50

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries are so high

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.