Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If You Could Go Back And Kill Baby Hitler, Would You? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would You Kill Baby Hitler.
    Yes.
    16.88%
    No.
    83.13%

ReputationRep:
    "Mess around with time, and the world you know, could become a world you don't"

ReputationRep:
    There was a great twilight Zone about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    No, have you people not played the Red Alert games?
    Superb!

ReputationRep:
    No. It might sound bad, but Germany and in fact the whole of Europe learnt a valuable lesson from the holocaust. Without it the average person would not know what happens when you preach hatred against a certain group of people. In my opinion it has prevented other holocausts...

ReputationRep:
    In a weird way, the Second World War probably would have been worse. If anything Hitler was (and this is really weird to say) a lesser evil (as much as choosing between a very evil dictator and a very very evil dictator), as he was a completely insane wreck, now imagine if Hess, Himmler or Goebells had the reigns...

ReputationRep:
    I can't even begin to tell you the things I would do

ReputationRep:
    I'd give him a hug and take him to a synagogue every Shabbat.

Hatred, violence, and murder won't eradicate hatred and violence, and murder. To paraphrase Dr. King, only love can do that.

ReputationRep:
    No; I wouldn't want to be a murderer.

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't kill him because while we'd like to believe Hitler was solely responsible for what happened, that is simply not the case. At the time there was a lot of hatred for Jews and many people had the same if not stronger views as Hitler. The nazi party though small existed before Hitler came into the picture who knows they might have made it into power without hitler. Also hitler himself was not the one who came up with the "final solution" as it was called.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Because a hegemonic Russia would fill the void that the Nazis would have had they not existed? :lol:

Excuse me? :lolwut:
    You know it's not that far fetched.

ReputationRep:
    I would wait until he saved the German economy and then kill him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    You know it's not that far fetched.
    No, I agree with you. The USSR did have some hegemonic tendencies, yes. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    No I would kill his dad because he used to beat him and that's part of what made him into a monster. Also it wasn't just him as an individual that was the problem so maybe someone like him would have still come about only called Wolfgang or something.

ReputationRep:
    For the 'lols' I would have him grow up in a Jewish family and see how he turns out Would be a new and interesting perspective no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    But he was the main reason millions upon millions of Jewish people died.

In order to stop that, or have a good chance of stopping that from happening of course I would.

1 life who will grow up to murder vs millions of innocent lives.
    But then by Jewish law, if a Jew was in this position, he could not go back and kill Hitler.... It isn't his/her right.

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult to answer this without really studying the culture in Germany at the time, but my reaction is yes.

A strong (democratic) Germany, coupled with a strong Europe, could have USSR at bay and kept the Iron Curtain out of Europe for good.

However, if there is a good chance that a fascist or communist government would have come to power in Hitler's absence, then he should not be killed. A fascist Germany, with a leader who listens to his generals and doesn't make monumentally insane decisions (Invading Russia, declaring war on the U.S.) would surely have dominated Europe for good, perhaps forcing Britain into a negotiated peace treaty, heavily in Germany's favour. This is infinitely worse than what actually happened in WW2.

Obviously if a communist Government came to power, the whole of Europe would surely have been under communist control, including Britain. This is infinitely worse than what actually happened in WW2.

I would have no problem murdering baby Hitler if the first option is much more probable than the others.

ReputationRep:
    I voted no purely because I think it's better to go with the devil you know rather than the devil you don't. I mean, if Hitler had been killed perhaps his younger brother wouldn't have died in childhood and would have replaced him, except perhaps he would have been a real military genius and managed to win the Second World War. Obviously that's implausible, but there's no saying that someone even worse than Hitler wouldn't have come to power instead.

All the people claiming that no Hitler = Stalinist domination of Europe ought to consider that it was really the Second World War that transformed the USSR into a superpower and led to the Iron Curtain. If there were no WWII then a strong Poland/Czechoslovakia/Germany/Hungary etc could quite plausibly have held off any potential Soviet advance. Given France and Britain's deep-seated aversion for communism, and assuming they didn't have to decolonise so rapidly due to exhaustion from war, it's reasonable to assert they might have offered some concrete military aid in the event of a Soviet invasion, rather than tut and send a few forays 500m into the Rhineland as they did with Hitler. At the start of 1939, the USSR wouldn't have stood a chance against the western Allies; indeed they probably would have had difficulty with central Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Initially I was going to say yes, but after reading this thread, I'm too going to go with no. As the poster above has said, it's better to stick with the devil you know rather than the one you don't.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    What he did was disgusting and my condolences lie with families who were affected by his delusions.
    However, had an act of genocide not been noticed or happened, it would probably be happening on a larger scale today with another race.
    we must learn from the mistakes of the past to create a better future for mankind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    Blind people can't have prejudices?

And clearly your historical knowledge is lacking:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_of_Bohemia

You sound like you have no knowledge of blind people.

Well done of you amazing non-lacking knowledge of the first link of google search of 'blind king'. You historic knowledge is doing inspire to me.

This man is being blind after already become ruler: different story. you telling me someone who is coming into power when being blind in the initial, if you can. this is doing even more inspire to me of you amazing history knowledge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.