The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yep
Original post by UMARTIAN
I applied for Law at Strathclyde, Dundee, Stirling, Edinburgh and Aberdeen for Law, offers for all but Edinburgh :tongue: strathclyde is my firm.

I got a really good offer from Edinburgh, im in fifth year offer for BBBB. I just think it looks nice inside so why not haha. Can't wait to go to uni though, Will probably travel though. Dependent entirely on doing well in Modern Studies haha.
Original post by UMARTIAN
Wow BBBB! I got AAABC last year! I'm sure you will meet those conditions!

Wow, thats strange must have been my personal statement,i guess. I better get it. Maybe your just more of a strathclyde person haha. I only applied to edinburgh and Napier, cos im closer to them was considering dundee though.
Could anyone Send me any essay plans for decision making in central government (1B), (1D) The electoral System, Voting and political attitudes, 3E The Politics of Development in Africa and Social Issues in the United Kingdom?

You would be a life saver if anyone could send me any essays or essay plans! I'm really struggling and would send any notes that I have that you may neeed!

x
Reply 44
A4 pr v fptp
USA def inequalties
Section b Gender or race and effects of poverty on health
Politics of development Un Agencies or NGOs:smile:
Teacher goes to tannadice with teacher in the loop
Reply 45
Original post by The Arab
A4 pr v fptp
USA def inequalties
Section b Gender or race and effects of poverty on health
Politics of development Un Agencies or NGOs:smile:
Teacher goes to tannadice with teacher in the loop

Do you have any idea what the devolved decision making in Scotland could be on :P if not thanks anyways.

Oh and when you said PR V FPTP you mean propportional representation V FPTP or STV/AMS against FPTP :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Would you say it's still worth revising voting behaviour even though it's come up in the past two years and I'm fairly certain that we'll be asked about electoral systems this year (FPTP vs AMS/STV/PR.)
Not sure I have seen a real discussion on it aside from questions.

But yeah
What is everybody doing for their units? What is everyone doing to revise?
How is everyone finding their revision?
Advanced higher plans?
Do you like it?

Good luck everybody 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Would you say it's still worth revising voting behaviour even though it's come up in the past two years and I'm fairly certain that we'll be asked about electoral systems this year (FPTP vs AMS/STV/PR.)

I think I am going going to ditch revising for Voting Behaviour, it cam up the last 2 years, surely it has to be electoral Systems...... Or the SQA could be playing a cruel joke on us :rolleyes:
Hello,
I'm doing Electoral Sytems (and voting behaviour), Africa, the USA, and, of course, the dreaded Health and Wealth
I'm probably just going to read over my notes to revise and perhaps make a few mind maps with statistics and examples
The subject itself can be enjoyable, although rather dry at times. I think my enjoyment of it is hampered by the fact that the exam is very stressful what with the very tight time limits.
I'm not taking it next year for AH.
essay plans and practice DMEs hopefully!
Main concern is that I revise all essay plans and an essay comes up that I have no idea how to begin and then i start panicking. Modern Studies is maybe my favourite subject content-wise however I find it hell to revise for.
The rigid DME structure takes paper 2 pressure off, however.
Reply 52
My units are Electoral Systems, Health and Wealth, USA and Global Security, AH next year!
I have basically done no revision... feeling so underprepared for this :frown: For revision I'm really just writing essay plans for all the topics I can think of and memorising them.

Health and Wealth is SO dull!
Original post by skier16
My units are Electoral Systems, Health and Wealth, USA and Global Security, AH next year!
I have basically done no revision... feeling so underprepared for this :frown: For revision I'm really just writing essay plans for all the topics I can think of and memorising them.

Health and Wealth is SO dull!

What does your school study for the Advanced course?
Reply 54
Original post by StupidMaths
What does your school study for the Advanced course?

Comparative politics (USA and UK) :smile: I actually would have preferred to do the EU one but at least it's not crime - I know that's really strange because most people want to do that one but it just doesn't appeal to me at all!:biggrin:

How about you?
Original post by skier16
Comparative politics (USA and UK) :smile: I actually would have preferred to do the EU one but at least it's not crime - I know that's really strange because most people want to do that one but it just doesn't appeal to me at all!:biggrin:

How about you?

I'm fairly sure that's what we study, too. :smile: What else have you chosen for next year?
Reply 56
Original post by StupidMaths
I'm fairly sure that's what we study, too. :smile: What else have you chosen for next year?

Should be good!:smile:

I'm doing AH Moddies, AH German and H History, what about you?
Original post by skier16

AH German! :love:
(Sorry, but it's just very exciting to meet another person who's going to do it).
Original post by skier16

AH Modies, AH Graphics, H biology!
Reply 59
Original post by ladymarshmallow
AH German! :love:
(Sorry, but it's just very exciting to meet another person who's going to do it).

Haha I know! Languages - and especially german - are a bit of a dying breed I think:biggrin:
I'm actually really excited... is that sad?!
Pretty sure we're going to be a composite class with the highers as only 5 people took it. How many people have chosen it in your year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending