The Student Room Group

Edexcel 1MA0 GCSE Linear Higher and Foundation March 2013 Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SanaK
What is needed for a C? 63

Yep 63/200
Reply 41
I seen the incorrect boundaries this morning and I had so much hope, but now they seem really high :'( I promised my maths teacher (who has now left) to get an A* for him, and well that's very unlikely. I'm not going to get an A* in the summer either because I have so many other exams to revise for. :frown:

Any idea why they are so high this time?
Reply 42
Original post by Motivated
I seen the incorrect boundaries this morning and I had so much hope, but now they seem really high :'( I promised my maths teacher (who has now left) to get an A* for him, and well that's very unlikely. I'm not going to get an A* in the summer either because I have so many other exams to revise for. :frown:

Any idea why they are so high this time?

if you did the november paper you would understand; the nov calculator paper was by far the hardest exam I've ever done in my life, so low grade boundaries were expected and they were very low. the march non-cal was very easy and the calc was quite easy - way easier than the november. because the november was so hard, everyone revised more because they were scared the march would be as hard as the nov, but it was way easier. So, easier exam and more revision = higher marks = higher grade boundaries :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by pathosL
if you did the november paper you would understand; the nov calculator paper was by far the hardest exam I've ever done in my life, so low grade boundaries were expected and they were very low. the march non-cal was very easy and the calc was quite easy - way easier than the november. because the november was so hard, everyone revised more because they were scared the march would be as hard as the nov, but it was way easier. So, easier exam and more revision = higher marks = higher grade boundaries :smile:

You're really telling me it was 11marks harder to get an A* harder because I doubt that. Grade boundaries don't fluctuate that much between two exam periods, it's ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by muhammedk
You're really telling me it was 11marks harder to get an A* harder because I doubt that. Grade boundaries don't fluctuate that much between two exam periods, it's ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile

of course it is, but a high rise from nov was expected - compare the two papers and you'll understand
Reply 45
Good luck everyone tomorrow! hope i get a C!!
Reply 46
Iwant someone to tell me how Icould had A
Getting results tomorow after a further maths mock though :frown:
Reply 48
Capture.PNG

grade boundaries
Reply 49
Original post by rakib567
Capture.PNG

grade boundaries

Hi,
I'm hoping to resit my GCSE maths (higher paper). I just want to know, is Edexcel relatively than other exam boards. Also is there any Edexcel maths exams available in in the summer?
If you could answer any those questions, I would be grateful, don't worry if you can't.
Reply 50
Original post by Nerd2
Hi,
I'm hoping to resit my GCSE maths (higher paper). I just want to know, is Edexcel relatively than other exam boards. Also is there any Edexcel maths exams available in in the summer?
If you could answer any those questions, I would be grateful, don't worry if you can't.

Edexcel is pretty popular for maths so there are lots of resources you can use to revise, which is always good. And yes there are and it's in early June - 2 papers, each 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Reply 51
Original post by pathosL
Edexcel is pretty popular for maths so there are lots of resources you can use to revise, which is always good. And yes there are and it's in early June - 2 papers, each 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Thank you for replying! :smile:
So the exams in June will consist of two papers?
Do you know where I can find some good resources to revise?
Also, I struggling to find the past exam papers on edexcel, do you know where I can find them?
Thanks
Reply 52
Original post by Nerd2
Thank you for replying! :smile:
So the exams in June will consist of two papers?
Do you know where I can find some good resources to revise?
Also, I struggling to find the past exam papers on edexcel, do you know where I can find them?
Thanks

Yes two papers, one with no calculator and with a calculator. Revision techniques are down to preference, some people like to read and answer whereas others prefer using CD's such as MathsWatch - which is good. And for past papers: http://www.bland.in/GCSE%20Maths/
Reply 53
Original post by pathosL
Yes two papers, one with no calculator and with a calculator. Revision techniques are down to preference, some people like to read and answer whereas others prefer using CD's such as MathsWatch - which is good. And for past papers: http://www.bland.in/GCSE%20Maths/

Cheers mate! :smile:
Reply 54
Edexcel have brought out a new app also for past papers :smile: check it out on the app store or google play!
Reply 55
hi mr m, did you find he grade boundaries for the foundation tier quite high? Considering the difficulty of the first paper. I got 85 on the second one but only 55 on the first one, what would you recommend to do? Thanks.
Got a C :frown: I was 4 marks away from a B!!
Reply 57
Original post by lisa96
I resat this exam as a private candidate. Went from a C (Aqa Modular) to an A in this exam without any help from the teachers. so happy :biggrin:

That's great! :smile: I'm hoping to do the same.
Reply 58
Original post by lisa96
what year are you in? :smile: the cgp guide is helpful as well as pearson revision guides. I also used mathswatch and examsolutions

I'm in year 13, resiting it because my course at uni requires a B in GCSE maths. I have a GCP guide, just to confirm, its the white book, Edexcel Modular?
Do you have to pay for an account for mathswatch and examssolutions?
Reply 59
Original post by lisa96
Are you doing modular? I did Linear, because theres only 2 exams, calculator and non calculator which i find easier. I used the red cgp linear higher revision guide. cant find it on amazon though

I used these revision guides: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revise-Edexcel-Mathematics-Higher-Revision/dp/1446900185/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revise-Edexcel-Mathematics-Revision-Workbook/dp/1446900150/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

For mathswatch you have to pay for it, but my friend had it downloaded on her memory stick so she sent it to me. and examsolutions is a website but you dont have to pay for it. http://www.examsolutions.net/

I'm actually doing the linear exams, btw do you know dates of the linear exams in june? I thought this book I have would also cover it, but I guess not. I will probably go waterstones tomorrow to get the right books.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending