Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

At what age did you stop breast-feeding? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    you have clear, vivid memories of being 6 months old??
    No, the post I was responding to said some people breastfeed til 2-3 years old. I have clear memories of being 2 & 3.

ReputationRep:
    All women should breastfeed their children where possible. Giving another species milk to your kids is extremely harmful. Cows milk is meant for cows ONLY. It contains a large amount of hormones and protein to turn a 80 pound calf into a 1000 pound cow in one year. And yet you stupid women are giving this stuff to your kids. One can only guess at the effects this must have on the developing baby.

ReputationRep:
    I stopped breastfeeding my kid when I was 14...

I have no idea what I'm doing here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cartman)
    All women should breastfeed their children where possible. Giving another species milk to your kids is extremely harmful. Cows milk is meant for cows ONLY. It contains a large amount of hormones and protein to turn a 80 pound calf into a 1000 pound cow in one year. And yet you stupid women are giving this stuff to your kids. One can only guess at the effects this must have on the developing baby.
    Well at least the baby will get a lot of casein and have strong good growth. Not really that harmful, just the theory of it. Besides, we don't even absorb 1% of the hormones.

ReputationRep:
    One of my children didn't take to being breast fed at all, one was fed for 6 months and one for just over 2 years (one feed at night time on medical advice because he had severe asthma and needed my antibodies.) Didn't do him any psychological harm as far as I am aware. Bond with all 3 children is just the same, as is the love. Just goes to show we're all different and what is right for one child won't necessarily be right for the next one. All you worry about as a new parent is that your child is getting fed the right way for them. Breastfeeding is natural, not sexual, so even if your child did remember it, which is highly unlikely and near on impossible, it's hardly likely to emotionally damage them, or mother nature would have come up with an alternative long ago. And just to dispel any remaining myth, no it does not work as a method of contraception. Number 3 son is living proof of that!

ReputationRep:
    Breastfeeding is the closest I've been to sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cartman)
    One can only guess at the effects this must have on the developing baby.
    Why would we guess? We can directly measure it.

ReputationRep:
    I was only breastfed for a few days until my mother gave up - she didn't get the support she needed to learn how to properly latch etc. and it just wasn't working. I will definitely breast feed my kids and will make a point of seeing a lactation consultant/joining breast feeding support groups etc. to make sure I have the necessary support

ReputationRep:
    I woz 14 when I stopped. Pretty young I would say
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Three

ReputationRep:
    Weird question

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.